Describe your headphones with a food....
Dec 31, 2006 at 10:58 AM Post #46 of 50
RS-1: Spicy mexican food. Just right, tasty as hell, but still so spicy that you'll need a drink afterwards.
mexico_8.jpg

DT770: Big steak. Really big steak. You don't eat this one with small bites.
Steak&potatoe.jpg

K-1000: Very good wine. Something to sit down with, drink it slowly, analyse, and still highly enjoy it.
20060306_wineglasses.jpg

Dec 31, 2006 at 11:33 AM Post #47 of 50
S-001 MKII: Sugar -> Sweet
Lambda Pro: Chicken breast -> Almost perfect
Omega II: Beef -> You simply can't get enough of it...

Dec 31, 2006 at 1:23 PM Post #48 of 50
Quote:

Originally Posted by Wmcmanus /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The Ultrasone PROline 750 did sound pretty good with Wendy's chilli, but I'm still not quite getting the point of this thread. Must just be me. Everyone else seems to have some pretty definite opinions on this important matter.

We all need to eat food and as humans, are able to enjoy and distinguish the types of food we eat.

As audiophiles, we are all able to enjoy distinguish the types of headphones we listen to (that we feel we need).
tongue.gif

Dec 31, 2006 at 5:28 PM Post #49 of 50
I feel like some dessert

SA5000 - Lemon Sorbet
K701 - (White) Chocolate frozen yogurt
SR-404 - Tiramisu (of the atypical high quality variety)

Don't ask about my logic, I haven't even showered yet this morning, so there is none
wink.gif

Jan 1, 2007 at 6:23 PM Post #50 of 50
i'm going to cross my two hobbies together here. i love beer so here goes.

senn PX100

Bass Pale Ale. not much in the extreme low end (malty yeasty flavor) and not really much for the high end (hops, citrus) but a very well delivered mid range to keep it full and pleasant sounding (very well balanced malt and hops to give an overall refreshing quality without fatiguing the palate. not the best but certainly worthwhile.)

and maybe describing headphones this way i can get some recommendations on what to look at soundwise.

my favorite beer:

Houblon Chouffe Dobbelen IPA Tripel

lots of high dry hops. provides a lemony citrus note while completely puckering the palate. rolls into smooth pilsener malt representation with lots of belgian yeastiness to sweeten the load providing a medium sized bottom end before rolling back into hoppy dryness almost papery finish. leaves you wanting to start the whole episode over again.

i'm hoping 03 DT990's match that description.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back