Describe your headphones with a food....
Dec 30, 2006 at 7:57 AM Post #31 of 50
Quote:

Originally Posted by mastercheif /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If you had to describe your headphones using a food what would it be?

For Example, my Shure E500s would be "Dark Chocolate" due to their awsome lower end and my Ultrasones would be "Giant Pumpkin" due to their large soundstage.

What are your headphones?

My UM2's Would be a California Roll with a dollop of Wasabi. (This is a good thing. hehe)

Dec 30, 2006 at 8:05 AM Post #32 of 50
Quote:

Originally Posted by Esidarap /img/forum/go_quote.gif
UM1 - Grits
mad.gif

man, don't be putting Grits down like that! it's just creamy Polenta.

blend some nice Yellow and White Stone Ground Grits and cook them up top in water with a little cream and butter until thick and creamy. Sautee up some Mixed Bitter Greens in a little Bacon dripings then serve on top with crumbled Bacon and a couple of Poached Eggs and man Momma never served them that good..

Dec 31, 2006 at 5:49 AM Post #34 of 50
wow i can't believe i learned more about the aforementioned headphones with your analogies of them as foods than by your descriptions of their sq.

Dec 31, 2006 at 6:39 AM Post #38 of 50
K501 - lobster and champagne, superb but choosy about accompnements and some will complain about not being full after eating

HD580 - stew and mashed spud and a glass of red vino, fills the gap but not very inspiring.

K81dj - Pizza + coke

UM1's - meat pie + good beer

mx400, apple earbuds - cold leftovers

Dec 31, 2006 at 6:40 AM Post #39 of 50
Quote:

Originally Posted by Esidarap /img/forum/go_quote.gif
UM1 - Grits
mad.gif

DT990 - Burger King Double Whopper
HD202 - Diarrhea (processed food
tongue.gif
)

Hahaha, those had me laughing outloud...especially the grits one....
icon10.gif

Dec 31, 2006 at 6:46 AM Post #40 of 50
DT770/250 - a state fair turkey leg. All business and meaty.

KSC 75's - Snickers Bar....cheap and satisfying. You can put it in your pocket and go wherever.

KSC 55 - Snickers with almonds. Slightly different flavor, but still the same damn thing...

Dec 31, 2006 at 6:51 AM Post #41 of 50
Sennheiser-HD-595-380px.jpg

eggnogduo8.jpg

sweet, but it hits ya.

Dec 31, 2006 at 7:14 AM Post #42 of 50
Bose Triport OE - McDonalds. Not all that great. They are bland, they make you flabby, but just works when you are on the go.

Grado RS-1 - Spicy fajitas. Sizzling, with just the right amount of spice. Fun & enjoyable!

Ultrasone PROline 750 - Well.. since I really can't seem to describe their sound signature after 6 months of owning them, I can't begin to compare them with a food group.

Apple iBuds - Well, if the Bose are McDonalds, what are the iBuds? Maybe Ramen?

I could add a few more, but it's time to hit the mattress
tongue.gif

Dec 31, 2006 at 8:05 AM Post #43 of 50
I tried eating a couple of cheeseburgers from Wendy's tonight with a variety of different headphones, but didn't find any matches. Maybe I need to give it more than one bite before switching to the next pair of headphones?
confused.gif

The Ultrasone PROline 750 did sound pretty good with Wendy's chilli, but I'm still not quite getting the point of this thread. Must just be me. Everyone else seems to have some pretty definite opinions on this important matter.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back