Denons 2000 not much bass
Sep 8, 2011 at 12:30 AM Post #17 of 34
You bought a pair at the same time as me malv?

Im wearing them right now running pandora on iphone. CRYSTAL clear notes, and the bass is punchy, some songs is less than others. but the musical clarity is just sooo clean.
you have to remember im coming from

sennheiser hd212 pro
skullcandy crusher -with the little AA battery amp on cord.

the crusher had bass but thats it, these are crystal clean.. loving that.
only thing that sucks is buy.com isnt official authorized dealer, should i buy a sqauretrade warranty for 35 for 3 years? or do you think it'l last. debating. how often do headphones go bad?
correction, $27 for 3 year warranty. *ive read about the screws etc* if anything ever happend. going to have them fix it.

Coverage Limit:  $219.00 warranty summary
3 year product Care Plan $34.99
Accidental Damage from Handling $18.00
20% discount -$10.60
Estimated Tax: $0.00

Total $42.39

Yay or nay malv?

Sep 8, 2011 at 12:30 AM Post #18 of 34
Nice post.  Love the subwoofer test with my DT990's and they are open.  Oh man!  With my D2000's it is a tad ridiculous.

Quote:

basshead.gif

Very best,

Sep 8, 2011 at 12:33 AM Post #19 of 34

Quote:
You bought a pair at the same time as me malv?

Im wearing them right now running pandora on iphone. CRYSTAL clear notes, and the bass is punchy, some songs is less than others. but the musical clarity is just sooo clean.
you have to remember im coming from

sennheiser hd212 pro
skullcandy crusher -with the little AA battery amp on cord.

the crusher had bass but thats it, these are crystal clean.. loving that.

only thing that sucks is buy.com isnt official authorized dealer, should i buy a sqauretrade warranty for 35 for 3 years? or do you think it'l last. debating. how often do headphones go bad?
correction, $27 for 3 year warranty. *ive read about the screws etc* if anything ever happend. going to have them fix it.

Hmm well are you gonna keep the 2000's?

You seem pretty dissapointed about the bass.

Sep 8, 2011 at 12:44 AM Post #21 of 34
I dont understand the bass situation, some songs they JAM on and some not so much.
Im using Pandora so probably not the best quality. Thinking about getting an fiio e7 or e11 for hell of it.

I love the sound of it, its so amazing. but some songs lack for sure, but some of them just blows mind away,

example,, that bass thing, it doesnt really do much for my headphones. but some songs do.
i cant send back even if i wanted to, they will charge me for the 20% restock fee, 12 for shipping to me, 10-20 back for shipping. etc.. will be out of a lot of $. so its whatever

Sep 8, 2011 at 12:47 AM Post #22 of 34

Quote:

Why's that funny?

Check this out:
I think if the 1100's were my only cans I could afford, a little EQing will go a long way towards making me feel extremely satisfied with the purchase. If EQ adjustments aren't an option for you...or if those kinds of adjustments mess up the sound quality (depending on your portable device, it certainly can), you might find some genres/songs tough to accept with these cans. By default the D1100's are deep cans as-is and compliment some genres/songs who enjoy bass punch or have a perceived shortage of bass representation. For other genre/songs, look out. They have what equates to an 12" woofer in the car trunk, for good and for bad. Fortunately, it can be tamed and as such becomes mostly an asset. To be clear: we're talking about 3x - 5x the amount of bass when compared to the D5000/2000 at similar volume levels and flat EQs. There is enough bass to feel it on your ears even after hitting the "Bass Reducer" on your iDevice. Wow. Helluva driver. Maybe too much driver if you consider the D5000/2000 nearly too strong as it is.

Sep 8, 2011 at 1:04 AM Post #23 of 34
Your first big mistake is listening to streamed music. 

Get some FLAC or ALAC on that baby , maybe download some bassnector or Datsik dubstep

i garuntee those babies will sing.

i got the m50s and the bass on these things make my head rattle

Sep 8, 2011 at 1:04 AM Post #24 of 34
I bought the squaretrade 3 year accidental warranty etc,everything is covered unless i run over with a car.
worth it in my opinion. the shipping alone is a killer, and since i dont have a 1 year awrranty from manufcaturer i have 3 years now since i bought from buy.com i had 90days. xD 3 years now though.
bought a warranty earlier this year for my 55" led samsung tv, and they have been awesome with me.

Sep 8, 2011 at 3:32 AM Post #29 of 34
FLAC and ALAC are both lossless digital versions of analog music files.

FLAC is its own deal but you can convert any of your Cd's to ALAC when you upload them to itunes by changing the upload settings.

Itunes doesnt support FLAC so if thats what you use then just upload your CD's in ALAC or just try and torrent the best bitrate you can find on the web for your music, usually 320 kbs

it makes a HUGE difference on high quality cans what kind of file type you are using

rule of thumb is BAD IN = BAD OUT, GOOD IN = GOOD OUT :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back