Denons 2000 not much bass
Sep 7, 2011 at 7:41 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 34

freedom11b

Head-Fier
Hey chat I have just received my denons.. On iPhone, I plugged into iPhone and touchpad and there's very little bass.. What? >.< help! Why are my denons so weak on bass. Practically non existent

Will post pics later. Bought em on buy.com and they placed my order through
http://clickgoandbuy.net/

They fulfilled my order. Are these real demons you think? I called and they assured me they are real...

Do they need break in? Do I Need amp?

Sep 7, 2011 at 7:45 PM Post #2 of 34
Heya,

I have the Denon D2000 from the Buy.com special (got it for $219 shipped). It's indeed a real Denon. The bass is definitely there. Just play a track with some serious bass in it and listen. I went straight to my favorite bass track, Rusko - Everyday. And the Denon's delivered serious bass. Then I switched it up to some Tori Amos to see if they could handle her voice and piano without being all bassy and recessing the mids. They didn't. And I didn't have sibilance. What an excellent headphone. I'm wearing it right now and wonder why I didn't get it earlier. Might have saved me a few headphone purchases, hah.

Very best,

Sep 7, 2011 at 7:48 PM Post #4 of 34
I have the same order 219 Afew days ago just got it. Ordered Thursday? It shipped from click buy n go

It sounds amazing but lacking bass. Will find songs n try out. Have college for Afew hours. Will post later

Sep 7, 2011 at 7:56 PM Post #5 of 34
I compared them even against my friend's studio beats, and the denons where on a whole other level for low, low bass. However, the beats had more punchy midbass. So it might be you're looking for that midbass, or just aren't using bassy songs to begin with.

Sep 7, 2011 at 8:21 PM Post #6 of 34

Quote:
I compared them even against my friend's studio beats, and the denons where on a whole other level for low, low bass. However, the beats had more punchy midbass. So it might be you're looking for that midbass, or just aren't using bassy songs to begin with.

Likely this.

Denon D2000 vs PRO900 has this same effect. The D2000 hits lower `sub bass' notes with authority and the PRO900 hits those mid bass notes like a freight train. So what you're looking for in bass is definitely a two way straight potentially. Someone who just wants to rattle will want the PRO900. Someone who wants that feeling of low rumbling bass that would have simply been a feeling in your chest would want the Denon D2000. After using them both extensively, as much as it pains me to say, I really enjoy the Denon D2000 more because it can also do mids and stuff that the PRO900 isn't very strong with. But man, oh the bass, it hits so low and is so tight, with very little effort and no crazy power requirements to accomplish it. Great headphone.

Very best,

Sep 7, 2011 at 8:53 PM Post #9 of 34

Quote:
Try some subwoofer tests on YouTube.

basshead.gif

Very best,

Sep 7, 2011 at 9:02 PM Post #10 of 34
i am in college waiting 30mins til class im typing from touchpad the sound n clarity they produced was amazing a song started in car I was testing them and it hit beautifully is there a break in period in which the headphones sound changes?

Sep 7, 2011 at 9:06 PM Post #11 of 34
Quote:
i am in college waiting 30mins til class im typing from touchpad the sound n clarity they produced was amazing a song started in car I was testing them and it hit beautifully is there a break in period in which the headphones sound changes?

Not as much of one as people would like to think. You're getting used to their sound, or you hit just the right song. I've had that happen plenty of times, where I stumble across a song that just works perfectly for the headphones, and after that everything sounds better.

If you've only used these for an hour or so, I can believe that there were some changes, though I don't believe it's the only reason you think they sound better with that song.

Sep 7, 2011 at 9:11 PM Post #12 of 34
well I only had 20 mins w them there n car I didn't wanna wear them or carry around at college. Kind of big. I can't wait for my v moda m80s I will be lugging those to school and there not as big
but one song sounded really good will be wearing tonight 1 1/2 hour til I go home

Sep 7, 2011 at 11:20 PM Post #13 of 34
Im home i have the headphones in, on PC. Post up your FAV bass crazy songs. youtube links possibly? pwease :) i wanna test em out with your guys musics.

listened to thatbass thing posted, sounds great through my headphones.
want actual songs though.

what i dont get though... is My skullcandy crushers hit harder than those denons... way harder.

is it suppose to be this way?
the denons sound amazing though. i do enjoy

Users who are viewing this thread

Back