Denon Officially Announces Its New Headphones!
May 29, 2012 at 7:06 PM Post #91 of 903
Quote:
Plus, I don't know why but there's too many, well, 'beauty technicians' lurking around on headfi nowadays. Relax, i'm not complaining. Just saying.

It's the internet, you're going to get many different types of people here. I'm a designer, so I *better* care about the looks of things. 
beyersmile.png

Though, I do have to agree, I'm surprised as many people care enough as we've seen on this thread. It's fairly evident that most people really don't care that much about looks/design. Especially considering the amount of athletic shoes/gym shorts/sweatpants out there.
But that's a rant for another time. :)

May 29, 2012 at 7:14 PM Post #94 of 903
Quote:

Depends on how they sound, but my guess would be yes. :)
Whether they're proper hifi is another question entirely, and a much harder one to answer.

Well thanks just wanted to know, i know a lot of people don't care about look its just sometimes i do and these look really great and there audiophile so thats awesome because they look Urban ^_^

May 29, 2012 at 7:19 PM Post #96 of 903
It's very interesting to see how tastes differ. Some people hate the hell out of the looks, and some brave souls have voiced their strong approval of the design.

I just thought it was interesting. :)

May 29, 2012 at 7:32 PM Post #99 of 903
Quote:
That's MSRP, though.  The D7000s cost $1000 MSRP, but the street price is $6-700, as with the Koss ESP-950.  I'm sure these will go down soon enough.

Not in England. I expect these to sell near £800 =~ $1200

May 29, 2012 at 7:42 PM Post #101 of 903
Things are going bad.. in fact.. the gap between the ultra high end and the cheap crap is getting so big, we could fit an elephant in it. All the cans that were considered good are being discontinued, and being replaced by something portable and iCompatible. When I saw these headphones, at first, I thought that the stock cable has a 3.5 mm plug (which wouldnt surprise me at all).

This. $1100+ for a semi-closed dynamic? The headphone market is starting to resemble the speaker market more and more. It's inevitable, I suppose, once manufacturers drive price expectations up to where people think that anything below $1k is not high-end.

Of course you could argue that in the Orpheus/R10 days you had even more insanely-priced flagships but the sheer market saturation with $1k+ headphones of dubious quality together with price increases on entry-level high-end stuff (as well as it being discontinued entirely) paints a pretty different picture.

I'm hoping that the entry and mid-level models in this series will be good, and not much more expensive than D2k/D5k.

May 29, 2012 at 7:48 PM Post #102 of 903
another thing that I noticed hasn't been mentioned (at least in this thread) is that the new design will likely eliminate the screw issue I read about.
seems like a more integrated way to keep the cup portions from breaking away from the band.

May 29, 2012 at 7:57 PM Post #103 of 903
I think they honestly look a lot classier than the prototype. Definitely livable in my opinion.

May 29, 2012 at 8:12 PM Post #105 of 903
Quote:
Not in England. I expect these to sell near £800 =~ $1200

Well said man.

There's been a constant swath of headfiers buying their d7k's new in the americas for around the $550 mark. Nearly three times less than the usa price of the hd800 ($1500). But In the uk the world is very different; never did the d7k's even come under half the £1000 hd800 mark. Heck, the d5k just about did!

I won't be surprised if denon's new top model hits the £1k mark here  

Users who are viewing this thread

Back