DENON DA-10 DSD - New portable DAC/Headphone AMP
May 1, 2015 at 7:12 PM Post #286 of 353
Sorry to be a spoil sport but the only thing that works on the iPhone to all the higher res playback is the http://store.apple.com/us/product/MD821ZM/A/lightning-to-usb-camera-adapter
The denon included cable doesn't pass through the higher res so it's been unused in the box for me :frowning2:

Thanks I will go buy one next time I visit the Apple store which should be Monday!  

May 4, 2015 at 7:30 AM Post #288 of 353
Sorry to be a spoil sport but the only thing that works on the iPhone to all the higher res playback is the http://store.apple.com/us/product/MD821ZM/A/lightning-to-usb-camera-adapter

The denon included cable doesn't pass through the higher res so it's been unused in the box for me :frowning2:

Thanks I will go buy one next time I visit the Apple store which should be Monday!  

Didn't realize the included cable didn't pass high rez files...but, I pretty much use it to stream TIDAL from my iPad3. Use my Pono to play hi rez on the go, think it does fine with the DA conversion, though.

May 4, 2015 at 12:04 PM Post #289 of 353
How do you know what the phone or dap is outputting?  

May 4, 2015 at 12:31 PM Post #290 of 353
Beats me!

May 4, 2015 at 1:57 PM Post #292 of 353
  what battery life u get on the da 10 

I only ran it all the way down once, just after I got it. I have since used it probably about 7 hours solid (ie, in one sitting) without the battery dying. But I almost always have it connected to the computer so that it starts recharging right when I switch it off.

Are you having problems in this department?

May 4, 2015 at 10:29 PM Post #293 of 353
How do you know what the phone or dap is outputting?  

Well it depends on the software. The Onkyo player can display that information. Of course the Denon hardware does not display it at all.

May 4, 2015 at 11:02 PM Post #294 of 353
Yeah that makes sense.  I did some research afterwards.  I think I'll get the Onkyo player for iOS and also the USB Audio Player Pro for Android to try things out.  

May 5, 2015 at 4:27 AM Post #295 of 353
Nice idea, it seems to work well and is not that expensive in the grand scheme of things..

Jun 8, 2015 at 6:53 AM Post #297 of 353
A quick update, I have spend a good time now and I can say with confident the headphone out on this think for all IEM is ****. Forget about it ,if you want a stand alone dac/amp move on. However having said that as a DAC alone this thing rocks! I have been using it with wagnus and it works rather nicely.

Jun 16, 2015 at 6:12 AM Post #298 of 353
  i got my z ultra to work the denon but i have to use otg cable

i thought micro sd to micro sd would be enough but no u need an otg to make it work

i am really liking it with my shure 846 wow i love it

how on earth did you managed to get it work?
with my xperia z ultra he gives no sound out..?
Probably USB Audio Player, but then no wimp/spotify :frowning2:

Jun 16, 2015 at 6:56 AM Post #299 of 353
I have usb audio player for my HTC M8, can't get otg to work, period!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back