DENON DA-10 DSD - New portable DAC/Headphone AMP
Feb 27, 2015 at 4:52 PM Post #256 of 353
Denon are one of my favourite value audio makers, from the DL160 cartridge to the D2000 headphones, they have superb quality.

I would love to see something like this that would work with portable DAPs like DX50 and HM901

For years now I have been asking for a DAP that acts as just a transport, only a line out and digital out
preferably USB not optical/toslink and no headphone stage.

Mar 28, 2015 at 9:23 AM Post #261 of 353
Good news the Shure volume control kit line controller works perfectly with Da 10 to fix channel imbalance
And tame over sensitivity oh low impedence headphones like 400i electromagnetica works great no sound quality drop at all. 15$ on Amazon perfect!!!.

Mar 28, 2015 at 2:46 PM Post #263 of 353
Good news the Shure volume control kit line controller works perfectly with Da 10 to fix channel imbalance
And tame over sensitivity oh low impedence headphones like 400i electromagnetica works great no sound quality drop at all. 15$ on Amazon perfect!!!.

Hey, Blue, is this the controller you're talking about?

http://www.amazon.com/Shure-EAADPT-KIT-Adapter-Combines-Attachable/dp/B001P5HL3S/ref=sr_1_fkmr2_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1427568048&sr=8-1-fkmr2&keywords=shure+volume+control+kit+line+controller

(actually think I have one laying around, got it with an old Shure SE500 I got ages ago used, on which the cable frayed and not usable, but should still have the controller somewhere).
I don't get how it helps the volume/sound issues.

As an aside, got this at Blue's suggestion, was slow to warm to it initially, a bit too warm for me, have been using it from my iPad3 fixed out into a Cambridge Audio Kloss 88CD, not the highest end speaker set up but was well received in it's time as a table top clock radio/cd player. Have to say I'm really impressed at how much better my music, either streamed radio (WFMU radio streaming, anyone? Great station!), or lossless streaming from TIDAL, is sounding with it connected at my office. Will have to play with it more...

Mar 29, 2015 at 1:56 PM Post #264 of 353
So, was using the Da10 with my Hifiman 560, nice combo, clean, open sound, good body to instruments. Tried it with the Senn 650, not a good match, they both are a bit rich in the mids, the sum causes the sound to be muddy (a bit, mind you, able to listen, but wanted to go back to the Hifiman almost immediately). System matching, system matching, system matching (like in Real Estate), the Denon seems to me will not mate well with all headphones.

Apr 26, 2015 at 4:43 AM Post #265 of 353
with lollipop on my sony z ultra I am not able to use the denon da 10

now what ?

Apr 26, 2015 at 5:13 AM Post #266 of 353
Are you using the correct input switch position on the side?  Does the unit work with other sources such as PC?  Is the USB cable faulty (have you tried another cable).. Does the unit light up when you turn it on?

Apr 26, 2015 at 5:34 AM Post #267 of 353
  Are you using the correct input switch position on the side?  Does the unit work with other sources such as PC?  Is the USB cable faulty (have you tried another cable).. Does the unit light up when you turn it on?

yes I am using the usb dac input on denon da 10 and put the slider to the side of the usb dac in the denon, tried 2 cables and nothing

with iphone it works and also on my computer

its only with my android phone sony xperia z ultra could it be the lollipop in the sony, this is so strange I thought the da 10 works with android too

Apr 26, 2015 at 5:59 AM Post #268 of 353
I think maybe in general the a 10 does not work with android phones looking at the denon connections, as I see that uonly can connect the da10 to android devices via aux and not usb, dam I did not realize this before I bought it

I thought I would be able to use any phones and take a signal from a phone to the dac

Apr 26, 2015 at 11:28 AM Post #269 of 353
That is an odd one. Sorry I can't really be of much assistance. I had an Xperia Z2 before and I remember something about it being one of the first android phones to support USB DAC out or some such thing. Perhaps you need a certain kernel mod for your phone if it's not natively supported. That's a pain. Hope you work it out or someone can be of more assistance.

Apr 26, 2015 at 11:48 AM Post #270 of 353
I have an HTC One M8, have tried many otg cords and software, have never succeeded connecting it line out that way.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back