DENON DA-10 DSD - New portable DAC/Headphone AMP
Jan 28, 2017 at 2:11 PM Post #346 of 353
I have one foe a while, haven't used it much (just have other stuff plugged in most of my gear), thinking of bringing it to the Philly meet tomorrow, do DAC duty (line out from laptop into the Denon, into MicroZOTL2 amp, TIDAL as source), have used the DAC before, think it's pretty good (but have Geek Out Special Edition V1 into Revive/MicroZOTL2 doing duty from my PC, use a Pono as DAP, HTC10 phone which doesn't need external dac, and extra pieces are a PIA, so it mostly collects dust).

Jan 31, 2017 at 6:02 AM Post #347 of 353
Well everything said about this is correct.  The channels are imbalanced when using IEMs at extremely low volumes, not a problem for me as I normally listed considerably louder than this with full size cans I have no issue.  I'm far from qualified to judge but to me the quality of sound both from the DAC and AMP are really very very good and for the price I paid (£99) it was new and boxed it was a complete bargain.  I've just ordered some B&W P7s (£165 another bargain) to go with it so will update my views after this but with my Shure se535 it was excellent to my ears and a massive upgrade from both the onboard sound and 2 other DACs I've got, in fact I feel this is seriously underrated.

Jan 31, 2017 at 2:00 PM Post #348 of 353
P7 should pair nicely with DA-10. My biggest regret us not buying and ipod classic when I had a chance. With Denon what you want to so is load 16/44.1 quality files and enjoy its advance DSP upsampling.

Denon was so close to getting it right but not close enough.

Nov 26, 2017 at 5:29 PM Post #350 of 353
I've spent about an hour with this, and I can't hear any real difference between it (via usb) and my MacBook pro's headphone port. I'm not sure the DAC is even doing anything. The sound is marginally better than the iPhone's lightning-to-headphone jack adapter at best.

May 19, 2018 at 11:04 PM Post #352 of 353
I have one foe a while, haven't used it much (just have other stuff plugged in most of my gear), thinking of bringing it to the Philly meet tomorrow, do DAC duty (line out from laptop into the Denon, into MicroZOTL2 amp, TIDAL as source), have used the DAC before, think it's pretty good (but have Geek Out Special Edition V1 into Revive/MicroZOTL2 doing duty from my PC, use a Pono as DAP, HTC10 phone which doesn't need external dac, and extra pieces are a PIA, so it mostly collects dust).
Hmm mines a friend not a foe haha
I love the sound but the channels are mismatched at low volumes so I have to use a Shure volume attenuator with it
But it does have a classic Demon warm sound and sounds good when well adjusted at super discounts it's worth collecting if u like the Denon sound

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back