Denon D7100?!
May 6, 2013 at 10:59 AM Post #1,606 of 1,920
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vespertine /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorspeaker /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Quote:
Hmmmm....to my ears and after a few months, these are starting to slacken off a little bit, although still impressive to my ears they do seem to be losing a little bit of the detail they once had, the sound stage seems to have changed, it is just not as wide, and the instrument or frequency separation is not what it was. They have in my opinion changed for the worse and I do not think that it is just me getting used to them at all. They sound more jumbled now, I can hear frequencies clattering into each other sometimes, whereas I never would have said that before. I am not saying that they are a poor product, I am saying that they have changed and they have not changed for the better.

it is an "...itis" seting in...upgraditis 

deadhorse.gif

HAHAHAHAHA! Quite possibly, although I was just listening to my IEM's which are ridiculously detailed and I thought "I bet this is majorly influencing why I think that the 7100's sound less detailed all of a sudden"

Actually, it might not be.  I remember talking about some of the rather profound changes that occur with these cans and burn-in.  I typically don't experience any drastic changes at all with burn-in, but the D7100 has proven to be a case where I have.  And unfortunately for me, I liked them a lot more before burn-in than I do now.  Vespertine, take a look at some of the posts that start right around here.  Any of that seem familiar?  I think that's what we were talking about right before you joined in.

May 7, 2013 at 5:18 AM Post #1,607 of 1,920
Quote:

Actually, it might not be.  I remember talking about some of the rather profound changes that occur with these cans and burn-in.  I typically don't experience any drastic changes at all with burn-in, but the D7100 has proven to be a case where I have.  And unfortunately for me, I liked them a lot more before burn-in than I do now.  Vespertine, take a look at some of the posts that start right around here.  Any of that seem familiar?  I think that's what we were talking about right before you joined in.

WARREN!! Thanks for that Sir! You know I hadn't gone back that far so was just reporting what I heard and although those Ultrasone IEM's are super detailed and are influencing, the descriptions given regarding burn in on the D7100's match exactly what I hear, they really have lost a lot of their brightness. The sound stage has changed also for sure. They just do not seem to sound as exciting any more. I definitely think that the instrument separation has taken a nose dive also. I am not trashing them, I still like them, but in my opinion I simply confirm that they were better when brand new. Kind of decided that I am going for a flagship Closed Back and a High End IEM every couple of months. My TH900's are now waiting for me at home, but time to decide on a new pair of IEM's to check out. Been hanging around and doing a lot of reading. I know this is the wrong thread...but I am looking at the Heir Audio IEM 5.0...I can't see much user experience with them, anyone know if anyone has heard them, there is no review as of yet, unless I am looking in the wrong place....sorry for the newbie ignorance, but if anyone knows a thread where I can ask about these...then please let me know....THANKS!

May 7, 2013 at 9:50 AM Post #1,609 of 1,920
Quote:
WARREN!! Thanks for that Sir! You know I hadn't gone back that far so was just reporting what I heard and although those Ultrasone IEM's are super detailed and are influencing, the descriptions given regarding burn in on the D7100's match exactly what I hear, they really have lost a lot of their brightness. The sound stage has changed also for sure. They just do not seem to sound as exciting any more. I definitely think that the instrument separation has taken a nose dive also. I am not trashing them, I still like them, but in my opinion I simply confirm that they were better when brand new.

wink.gif
  From both my impressions, and the impressions of others, the most profound change seem to some around the 100-hour mark.  BTW, anyone who thinks that burn-in only makes things better is WRONG!

Quote:
My TH900's are now waiting for me at home, but time to decide on a new pair of IEM's to check out. Been hanging around and doing a lot of reading. I know this is the wrong thread...but I am looking at the Heir Audio IEM 5.0...I can't see much user experience with them, anyone know if anyone has heard them, there is no review as of yet, unless I am looking in the wrong place....sorry for the newbie ignorance, but if anyone knows a thread where I can ask about these...then please let me know....THANKS!

I have yet to hear the TH900 myself, but I hope to rectify that at the L.A. meet coming up in July (check my sig for details).  Also, since you're starting to look at IEMs, what do you think of the Tralucent 1plus2?  Any interest in that at all?

May 7, 2013 at 12:40 PM Post #1,610 of 1,920
Quote:

wink.gif
  From both my impressions, and the impressions of others, the most profound change seem to some around the 100-hour mark.  BTW, anyone who thinks that burn-in only makes things better is WRONG!

I have yet to hear the TH900 myself, but I hope to rectify that at the L.A. meet coming up in July (check my sig for details).  Also, since you're starting to look at IEMs, what do you think of the Tralucent 1plus2?  Any interest in that at all?

Ummm....now that you have mentioned it, YES! I am currently on their website! Thanks Warren! Seems to be special order only. Have emailed them :)

May 7, 2013 at 1:40 PM Post #1,611 of 1,920
Quote:
Quote:
Also, since you're starting to look at IEMs, what do you think of the Tralucent 1plus2?  Any interest in that at all?

Ummm....now that you have mentioned it, YES! I am currently on their website! Thanks Warren! Seems to be special order only. Have emailed them :)

If you decide to try them out, I'd be interested in hearing your thoughts.  I'd like to but they're WAY out of my budget right now. 
smile.gif

May 9, 2013 at 3:35 AM Post #1,612 of 1,920
Quote:

If you decide to try them out, I'd be interested in hearing your thoughts.  I'd like to but they're WAY out of my budget right now. 
smile.gif

Ordered! Black Carbon on Black with the Silver n Gold cable. You Sir, will be the first to hear my impressions!

May 9, 2013 at 3:45 AM Post #1,613 of 1,920
Don't bother buying the D7100 I have both D7100 and the D7000 and the D7100 was really disappointing compared to the D7000. I read that the D7100 needed a really long burn-in time so I tried that as well but it made no difference at all. I think you'd do better to get the LCD2 they're around the same money unless you need a closed back can and then I'd check out the TH-600.

May 9, 2013 at 4:28 AM Post #1,614 of 1,920
Don't bother buying the D7100 I have both D7100 and the D7000 and the D7100 was really disappointing compared to the D7000. I read that the D7100 needed a really long burn-in time so I tried that as well but it made no difference at all. I think you'd do better to get the LCD2 they're around the same money unless you need a closed back can and then I'd check out the TH-600.

+1

If theres any post in this entire thread that summarizes the purpose of it nicely, this is it.

May 9, 2013 at 6:23 AM Post #1,615 of 1,920
Huh....got worse at the 100hr milestone.? Cellulose fatigue?:p

I just hope foster dun use the same drivers...gulp.

May 9, 2013 at 7:20 AM Post #1,616 of 1,920
Quote:

You can get TH-900 for $1599 cdn, check at avshop.ca :) but I am going to wait until it drops little more in low $1000s. :)

http://www.avshop.ca/sound-amp-pa-audio/headphones/over-ear-headphones/fostex-th-900-premium-reference-headphones

May 9, 2013 at 7:59 AM Post #1,617 of 1,920
Quote:
Quote:
smile.gif

Ordered! Black Carbon on Black with the Silver n Gold cable. You Sir, will be the first to hear my impressions!

Wow, that was fast!  Can't wait for the impressions... though we should probably take it to PM or a 1plus2 thread so as not to clutter things here. 
wink.gif

Quote:
Huh....got worse at the 100hr milestone.? Cellulose fatigue?
tongue.gif

I just hope foster dun use the same drivers...gulp.

No need for concern, they don't. 
smile.gif
  Also, worse is only my (one person's) opinion.

May 15, 2013 at 11:39 PM Post #1,619 of 1,920
Maybe im naive, but I dont see any fault in the 7100's at all. Granted i paid $600 for mine, but when you consider what you get packed in, the closed back form factor, the comfort, and the sound it really is worth it and in my opinion and there is no equal in that price range!

May 16, 2013 at 12:10 AM Post #1,620 of 1,920
Quote:
Maybe im naive, but I dont see any fault in the 7100's at all. Granted i paid $600 for mine, but when you consider what you get packed in, the closed back form factor, the comfort, and the sound it really is worth it and in my opinion and there is no equal in that price range!

I wouldn't worry about it. I'm not a fan of the styling on these, but when you consider 99% of the world listens to worse headphones...so long as you aren't obsessed with every flavor out there I'm sure they do the trick.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back