Denon D7100?!
Apr 17, 2013 at 5:49 AM Post #1,576 of 1,920
Quote:

this last sentence make sense, I  imagine someone that never heard good bass , would be easily impressed by d7100.

Unless someone heard HD800 and T1 and K702 and can't wait to wear D7100 again :) But that's just me... oh no wait... theres a lot of people that think this cans sounds amazying - they just does not care about this tread.

Apr 17, 2013 at 6:00 AM Post #1,577 of 1,920

Hd 800 and t1 have much better bass than denons ever will

Apr 17, 2013 at 6:43 AM Post #1,578 of 1,920
RS1s have respectable bass, though it doesn't go very low, it does sound good. Overall they're far superior to the D7100s as well.

Apr 17, 2013 at 7:16 AM Post #1,579 of 1,920
i love bloated bass as i love to feel it rather than hear it, but that can give you tinnitus. Health aside, if i wanted to hear boomy bass then i would just put on sony xb series to my head. I have never heard the D7100 and seeing the price, i would shoot myself first rather than trying them. I would rather enjoy my D2k lying around somewhere.

Apr 17, 2013 at 7:19 AM Post #1,580 of 1,920
Quote:
RS1s have respectable bass, though it doesn't go very low, it does sound good. Overall they're far superior to the D7100s as well.

+1

their bass is punchy in the midbass and as a bonus the RS1 have a very natural sounding bass, its an organic decay i really enjoy.

i love bloated bass as i love to feel it rather than hear it, but that can give you tinnitus. Health aside, if i wanted to hear boomy bass then i would just put on sony xb series to my head. I have never heard the D7100 and seeing the price, i would shoot myself first rather than trying them. I would rather enjoy my D2k lying around somewhere.

also theres the ultrasone pro 900 if you want midbass instead of sub-bass, when i used to raise the volume on those, they would hit so hard it felt like the drivers where just gonna pop out of the headphones.

Apr 17, 2013 at 7:57 AM Post #1,581 of 1,920
Quote:

+1

their bass is punchy in the midbass and as a bonus the RS1 have a very natural sounding bass, its an organic decay i really enjoy.

also theres the ultrasone pro 900 if you want midbass instead of sub-bass, when i used to raise the volume on those, they would hit so hard it felt like the drivers where just gonna pop out of the headphones.

well speaking of just plain bass impact and no quality talk, then i would chose sony xb500 simply because they shake the most on your head than anyother headphone i have ever tried(when amped to their max ofcourse)

Apr 17, 2013 at 8:28 AM Post #1,582 of 1,920
Quote:

Oh sorry, I should have been clearer, I love the RS1's, they have been my trusted "go to's" for ages. I also love the Grado sound, it was the very beginnings of this site, when it looked NOTHING like this that sent me the way of Grados, I had never heard of them before.

However I am searching for the "best" closed backs available, again money no object. I am uber aware of the difference between open and closed and how that affects the sound holistically.

I travel ridiculous amounts, I crossed the Atlantic twice a week last year, and also work in labs and institutions where my latest Electronica is simply annoying to those around me.

Which is why I set out on the search for closed back Nirvana. It is my own little world and I don't blame people for getting irritated by hearing half of it whilst they try and concentrate :)

Let's see how the Fostex check out...

Apr 17, 2013 at 11:47 AM Post #1,583 of 1,920
Yes... the basss in D7100 is boomy and lacks of definition but only in some particular bass drum area. For example in music of Diana Krall or Katie Melua there is no boomy bass at all. In other frequencys which belongs to bass its pretty good. In other aspects bass is deep and big speakers like.. Remember that mine D7100 are near 500 hours of really intensive burn-in (concert like volume&pink noise&40Hz). 
Another example: Joe Satriani - One Robot's Dream. It was boomy when i bought this headphones. Now all songs from Super Collosal album is free from boomy bass.

Apr 18, 2013 at 2:40 AM Post #1,584 of 1,920
Quote:

well speaking of just plain bass impact and no quality talk, then i would chose sony xb500 simply because they shake the most on your head than anyother headphone i have ever tried(when amped to their max ofcourse)

+1 there.. the XB500s hit hard surprisingly even more bass than the 700 and 1000.. I would take them over the Pro900s any day (ultrasone really messed up on that headphone).

Apr 20, 2013 at 10:28 PM Post #1,586 of 1,920
Quote:
Hd 800 and t1 have much better bass than denons ever will

Agreed. their bass mops the floor with the Monster D7100s to my ears. Its not even close. There are three really poor sounding flagships that I wouldn't pay $300 or more for, the Ed.10s, W5000s and these cans.

Apr 20, 2013 at 11:30 PM Post #1,587 of 1,920
Apr 21, 2013 at 8:45 PM Post #1,589 of 1,920
Quote:
That would be a matter of opinion.

True. For some people, overabundant lousy bass is better than appropriately balanced good bass. Some of those people design headphones too.

Apr 21, 2013 at 9:39 PM Post #1,590 of 1,920
That would be a matter of opinion.

Not really, in this case. You can tell by the very poor distortion numbers in the mid to lower bass region and their cringeworthy impulse response. Their waterfall plot looks like a nightmare. When I first heard them I wondered, "what's wrong with these things?" then after seeing the graphs I understood.

http://www.innerfidelity.com/images/DenonAHD7100.pdf

True. For some people, overabundant lousy bass is better than appropriately balanced good bass. Some of those people design headphones too.

Amen, and it's an unfortunate thing, too.

It was hilarious. Today we went to Dollywood, which is okay once or twice /year, and on a claw game I won a pair of Beats Studios by grabbing a bottle with a secret prive code in it. I asked the guy if I could choose anything else and he simply stared at me for a few seconds. :D Anyhow, I now have a set of black Studios and I'm wondering who I'm going to gift them to this Xmas. Heh.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back