Denon D7100?!
Apr 14, 2013 at 2:26 PM Post #1,561 of 1,920
13 minutes delay after my last input pop-up's... who? Of course: Magick Man! Again :) Well done...

See, this is getting personal, he's attacking the person without backing up his position or even talking about the headphones at all. Yet another person I'm placing on my Ignore list. :rolleyes:

I  can't believe that the d7100 sounds worse than the amperior, it would be an incredible disaster.

That's what we've been saying, the D7100 is a disaster (by what we've heard from listening to them).

Apr 14, 2013 at 2:28 PM Post #1,562 of 1,920
Well as I said before, you can buy the Denon D7100 in UK for £450 which comes to around 12.5% towards the price of Stax SR-009 (£3600). In reply to MacedonianHero I am currently using the Sennheiser HD800.     

There's also the Fostex TH600s, which are several times better than the D7100s, for the same price.

Apr 15, 2013 at 1:59 AM Post #1,563 of 1,920
Quote:
That's what we've been saying, the D7100 is a disaster (by what we've heard from listening to them).

Yeap... And that's what we've been saying, the D7100 is a great pair of headphones.
Now... you say your opinion x100 and i'll say mine.

But i can understand the concern because this Denons gonna take much part of headphones business and amp business as well while they don't really require one.

Apr 15, 2013 at 5:32 AM Post #1,564 of 1,920
I just cannot understand why you people if you don’t like (not to say hate) those headphones so much would take so much time to post in this thread and for every 1 post saying anything even remotely positive about them you would post 10 to surpass it using only subjective arguments (sorry the graphs are helpful only to some extent)... it is just so negative it is hard to believe that you are in this boat doing it as all this negativity actually reflects on who you are. You want it or not.

What I am trying to say is that I don’t care about these headphones as I did not marry to them. Good or bad, no headphones, not even Stax can come close to properly set-up high-end speaker experience (I seriously recommend trying out Avantgarde Duo Omega or Grosso set to realize how futile those discussions are, as all headphones are flowed in their design of being just headphones…).

I am just amazed how grown up and probably responsible people would bash and troll like some teenagers on social portals.

You don’t like them fine. Seriously stating it once is more than enough unless you are some cruciate but that does not look healthy.  

Apr 15, 2013 at 5:43 AM Post #1,565 of 1,920
Quote:

I just cannot understand why you people if you don’t like (not to say hate) those headphones so much would take so much time to post in this thread and for every 1 post saying anything even remotely positive about them you would post 10 to surpass it using only subjective arguments (sorry the graphs are helpful only to some extent)... it is just so negative it is hard to believe that you are in this boat doing it as all this negativity actually reflects on who you are. You want it or not.

What I am trying to say is that I don’t care about these headphones as I did not marry to them. Good or bad, no headphones, not even Stax can come close to properly set-up high-end speaker experience (I seriously recommend trying out Avantgarde Duo Omega or Grosso set to realize how futile those discussions are, as all headphones are flowed in their design of being just headphones…).

I am just amazed how grown up and probably responsible people would bash and troll like some teenagers on social portals.

You don’t like them fine. Seriously stating it once is more than enough unless you are some cruciate but that does not look healthy.  

no1s being bashed or trolled, we're just being honest, the d7100 are bad, and most people who have said otherwise do not have much evidence or experience to back it up. this thread is fully open to debate on these headphones, its not an appreciation thread.

if you like them thats one thing, but they are worth nowhere near their asking price and anyone trying to justify their purchase should really compare them to the competition before they make a statement. also the argument has gone both ways, with the people defending the d7100 also bashing/challenging the more reputable members here. so far, the more reputable members clearly have the better argument, comparing them to headphones of multiple price ranges as well as showing graphs.

Apr 15, 2013 at 6:13 AM Post #1,566 of 1,920
Quote:

... the more reputable members here... ...as showing graphs.

Do you really believe that the number of posts reflects the experience? In that case, all internet troll's are experts!
I belive that someone who has thousands of inputs here doesn't really like listening to music and gain experience through this. He/she rather like click on the keyboard or is another vendor.

Apr 15, 2013 at 7:11 AM Post #1,567 of 1,920
Quote:

Do you really believe that the number of posts reflects the experience? In that case, all internet troll's are experts!
I belive that someone who has thousands of inputs here doesn't really like listening to music and gain experience through this. He/she rather like click on the keyboard or is another vendor.

Outside for your callow example of internet trolls, the whole purpose of post counts is to demonstrate that members have been actively participating in discussions about audio and have likely learned/experienced a great deal through that participation. So yea.. post count on head-fi can equate to experience (though I don't even think Dubstep Girl was stating that).. I have personally read many comments from Dubstep Girl, Magick Man, and MacedonianHero throughout various threads and appreciate their comments/wisdom/experience. I also remember being a lot more appreciative of experienced head-fi'ers when I was a junior on head-fi (guess times are changing?).

In regards to this thread specifically, I have been following it because of my intrigue about the D7100s as a previous big fan of the D7000s, but i'll tell you what, I am grateful to have read all the comments that these headphones do not come close to Denons previous line because now I know not to waste my time on them. Too often un-experienced head-fi'ers rave about how amazing headphones are without proper comparison or prior experience which can be deceptive to a new-comers to the forum. This actually happened to me when i was new to head-fi and I ended purchasing a horrible pair of headphones based on really poorly executed reviews/comments (I learned my lesson and now ask a lot more questions and read a lot more comparisons before buying).

Apr 15, 2013 at 7:24 AM Post #1,568 of 1,920
Quote:
I call them a muddy mess because that's how they sound to my ears (and measure too), like expensive Beats headphones. 
biggrin.gif

Well said MacedonianHero :)

Apr 15, 2013 at 7:46 AM Post #1,569 of 1,920
Quote:
Outside for your callow example of internet trolls, the whole purpose of post counts is to demonstrate that members have been actively participating in discussions about audio and have likely learned/experienced a great deal through that participation. So yea.. post count on head-fi can equate to experience (though I don't even think Dubstep Girl was stating that).. I have personally read many comments from Dubstep Girl, Magick Man, and MacedonianHero throughout various threads and appreciate their comments/wisdom/experience. I also remember being a lot more appreciative of experienced head-fi'ers when I was a junior on head-fi (guess times are changing?).

In regards to this thread specifically, I have been following it because of my intrigue about the D7100s as a previous big fan of the D7000s, but i'll tell you what, I am grateful to have read all the comments that these headphones do not come close to Denons previous line because now I know not to waste my time on them. Too often un-experienced head-fi'ers rave about how amazing headphones are without proper comparison or prior experience which can be deceptive to a new-comers to the forum. This actually happened to me when i was new to head-fi and I ended purchasing a horrible pair of headphones based on really poorly executed reviews/comments (I learned my lesson and now ask a lot more questions and read a lot more comparisons before buying).

correct, never mentioned post counts in anything. experienced members as in they have been around for quite some time, have tried/owned different headphones/amps, active on the website + helping out, and maybe even been to a meet or 2. 

post counts don't mean much cause you could easily get 1000 or more posts and comment on stuff you've never heard/seen before. both magick and macedonian have been around for quite a while and have heard tons of different equipment/headphones. their opinions are valid and their impressions of the headphones are well defined and concrete and can easily be backed up.

i respect the more experienced head-fiers opinions as well since they have helped me countless times with my purchases. most of my purchases have been based off only reviews and comments here, and im 100% positive that their comments, while may seem a little too bashing at times, are for the good of the head-fi community, to prevent people from making poor purchases/decisions because someone coming from entry-fi (under 150$ headphones) buys the D7100, is the best thing they've ever heard, and then they post, "omg this is totally worth the 1000$, buy it nao, dat epic bass!!!@#!"

Apr 15, 2013 at 8:07 AM Post #1,570 of 1,920
Quote:

to prevent people from making poor purchases/decisions because someone coming from entry-fi (under 150$ headphones) buys the D7100, is the best thing they've ever heard, and then they post, "omg this is totally worth the 1000$, buy it nao, dat epic bass!!!@#!"

this last sentence make sense, I  imagine someone that never heard good bass , would be easily impressed by d7100.

Apr 15, 2013 at 9:31 AM Post #1,571 of 1,920
Quote:

this last sentence make sense, I  imagine someone that never heard good bass , would be easily impressed by d7100.

That's true.  When I had my first headphone (Dr. Dre Solo) I was impressed, ended up buying Pro. I said these high-end cans totally worth $500 CAD. lol.
Then I auditioned both LCD2 and HD800 I ended up trashing both beats.

It's all about the experience and knowing what other headphones are out there :)  Hope this help.

Apr 15, 2013 at 3:27 PM Post #1,573 of 1,920
Please someone close this thread. Its like going in circles. :deadhorse:

No, people shouldn't be silenced just because they have a differing opinion. Prospective buyers should be able to come in and see that things aren't so rosy with the new Denon headphones.

Apr 15, 2013 at 7:00 PM Post #1,574 of 1,920
As I see it there is a split. Some people like the headphone and are realistic with their expectations, while other members just have negative comments to make about them.

Apr 15, 2013 at 7:39 PM Post #1,575 of 1,920
Quote:
As I see it there is a split. Some people like the headphone and are realistic with their expectations, while other members just have negative comments to make about them.

If you find this thread unfair, there's the head-gear section . Big advantage of head-gear section:  you don't have to reassert your opinion each time someone is contradicting you. Post your review there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back