Denon D7100?!
May 30, 2013 at 3:51 PM Post #1,636 of 1,920
Got my 7100's delivered today, happy with them so far after a few hours listening. Pairs well with my AK120 as well as MBPR + HDVD800. Bass is stronger than I'm used to, but certainly not overpowering using a flat eq with my flac / alac files. Dance music in particular is good with them. Just listening to the new Stereophonics album just now and sounds good to me.:)

May 30, 2013 at 9:29 PM Post #1,637 of 1,920
Quote:
Got my 7100's delivered today, happy with them so far after a few hours listening. Pairs well with my AK120 as well as MBPR + HDVD800. Bass is stronger than I'm used to, but certainly not overpowering using a flat eq with my flac / alac files. Dance music in particular is good with them. Just listening to the new Stereophonics album just now and sounds good to me.
smily_headphones1.gif

Remember those highs... because once they're gone, they're gone.  And they ain't never coming back.  Never ever?  Never ever. 
frown.gif

Jun 1, 2013 at 5:06 AM Post #1,639 of 1,920
Jun 1, 2013 at 10:34 PM Post #1,641 of 1,920
Looking for a cable without the apple remote terminating in the 3.5mm plug, anyone bought one or know somewhere?

I had the same question a couple of months ago and no one even tried to help (not that im bitter). Well im glad i can help you. I found the perfect solution: http://www.doublehelixcables.com/

Enjoy your awesome headphones!

Jun 1, 2013 at 10:51 PM Post #1,642 of 1,920
Quote:
Looking for a cable without the apple remote terminating in the 3.5mm plug, anyone bought one or know somewhere?

Quote:
I had the same question a couple of months ago and no one even tried to help (not that im bitter). Well im glad i can help you. I found the perfect solution: http://www.doublehelixcables.com/

Enjoy your awesome headphones!

Or you can use the other cable provided, the 10 foot long OFC cable. It's a really good cable. The double helix cables look awesome but they're a bit pricey for me, but If you don't mind the cost you should get one. 

Jun 2, 2013 at 7:33 AM Post #1,643 of 1,920
Thanks guys, the 10 ft long cable is too long and I want a shorter cable to take out with me to plug into the AK120, will ha e to wait until end of June to order the Helix Cable as SWMBO has decreed no more this month after getting the AK120 and these:D Also out of interest I contacted BTG Audio who gave a flat no on these, on further inquiry by me, he said that the recessed connectors on the 7100 means he can't do them.

Jun 2, 2013 at 2:06 PM Post #1,644 of 1,920
Glad to see this thread has changed direction and more people who love the D7100 are coming forward. Enjoy your new headphones guys.

Jun 2, 2013 at 4:09 PM Post #1,646 of 1,920
M
Glad to see this thread has changed direction and more people who love the D7100 are coming forward. Enjoy your new headphones guys.

Me too I think once people realized that these were not meant to be 7000's but to have their own merit and qualities people started to judge them appropiately. They truly are unique headphones and do what they do very well.

Jun 2, 2013 at 5:00 PM Post #1,647 of 1,920
actually i think most of the people trying to help people understand that these things suck kinda just gave up/got bored of dealing with it. they're just like beats now, some buy them and enjoy them, some don't. thats about it. 

Jun 2, 2013 at 5:32 PM Post #1,649 of 1,920
Quote:
actually i think most of the people trying to help people understand that these things suck kinda just gave up/got bored of dealing with it. they're just like beats now, some buy them and enjoy them, some don't. thats about it. 

I think that's the case as well.  It's settled into a very c'est la vie or live and let live kind of thing.  BTW, have you had a chance to audition them yet?

Jun 2, 2013 at 5:33 PM Post #1,650 of 1,920

I have not heard a good argument as to why they so called "suck" except they are not 7000's. Most of the haters that felt that way disliked them as soon as they saw the design was different from the previous line.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back