Denon D7100?!
Aug 9, 2013 at 5:26 PM Post #1,773 of 1,920

lol..... that was kinda my thoughts as well. 

Didn't you just state a couple of posts back that you haven't even tried them!? See this is exactly what I am talking about, I feel like everyone is a damn sheep in here... whatever one person says, 50 more repeat that after him.

Aug 9, 2013 at 7:26 PM Post #1,774 of 1,920
^ No, it doesn't really work like that. Need at least 2k+ posts and a 5k+ system to back up the statements.

Denon was never really a headphone company TBH, all of their old stuff was done by Fostex, and the 2012 line is their first attempt at this area. I'd expect the next generation to be much better. As of right now the D7100 is a good but grossly overpriced headphone. It tries to be both fun AND analytical at the same time and as a result sounds very unnatural sometimes. I find it very good for mainstream music like pop and electronics, sometimes vocals as well, but my T1 destroys it every time I turn on some classicals and instrumentals.

Aug 9, 2013 at 9:12 PM Post #1,775 of 1,920
Quote:

Didn't you just state a couple of posts back that you haven't even tried them!? See this is exactly what I am talking about, I feel like everyone is a damn sheep in here... whatever one person says, 50 more repeat that after him.

well i apologize if i offended you. Its just that I own the HE-500, LCD 2.2 and i just love those headphones so much that i just felt skeptical. (i have also tried the HD800 and T1 but those two just didn't suit my personal tastes)

I did not mean to say it with much conviction

lol no reason to get so mad. After all no matter what, its just personal preference. Thinking about trying them out this weekend though since i know i near by headphone shop has them.

Aug 9, 2013 at 9:47 PM Post #1,776 of 1,920
Quote:

well i apologize if i offended you. Its just that I own the HE-500, LCD 2.2 and i just love those headphones so much that i just felt skeptical. (i have also tried the HD800 and T1 but those two just didn't suit my personal tastes)

I did not mean to say it with much conviction

lol no reason to get so mad. After all no matter what, its just personal preference. Thinking about trying them out this weekend though since i know i near by headphone shop has them.

Come back and let us know how you felt about them then.

Aug 9, 2013 at 10:08 PM Post #1,777 of 1,920
Quote:

No, its reality...

How can you say that without ever hearing the LCD-3s? 
size]

No I have not listened to the LCD3 ......

And going off the measurements, the LCD-3s MOP THE FLOOR with the D7100s. Having heard both (I've owned the LCD-3s for a year and half), there is no comparison. Someone previously mentioned preferring the Beats Pro over them (D7100), and I gotta agree with them.

http://www.innerfidelity.com/images/AudezeLCD3Rev2sn2613375circa2012.pdf
vs.
http://www.innerfidelity.com/images/DenonAHD7100.pdf

Aug 9, 2013 at 10:10 PM Post #1,778 of 1,920
Quote:
And going off the measurements, the LCD-3s MOP THE FLOOR with the D7100s. Having heard both (I've owned the LCD-3s for a year and half), there is no comparison. Someone previously mentioned preferring the Beats Pro over them (D7100), and I gotta agree with them.

http://www.innerfidelity.com/images/AudezeLCD3Rev2sn2613375circa2012.pdf
vs.
http://www.innerfidelity.com/images/DenonAHD7100.pdf

You can't just read graphs. You have to trust your EARS!

Aug 9, 2013 at 10:11 PM Post #1,779 of 1,920
Quote:

I've mentioned several times I OWN the LCD-3s and heard the D7100s several times with some very good gear....sonically the LCD-3s stomp on the D7100s more than through objective measurements. 

Aug 9, 2013 at 10:14 PM Post #1,780 of 1,920
Quote:
Quote:

I've mentioned several times I OWN the LCD-3s and heard the D7100s several times with some very good gear....sonically the LCD-3s stomp on the D7100s more than through objective measurements. 

I know, I'm just preemptively giving the argument someone will give 
tongue.gif
. The first time I saw the 50Hz response on the D7100 (after hearing them and being unimpressed) I could not figure out what was going on. I think I had to turn the sidways to even begin to see what was happening. 

Aug 9, 2013 at 10:18 PM Post #1,781 of 1,920
Quote:

I know, I'm just preemptively giving the argument someone will give 
tongue.gif
. The first time I saw the 50Hz response on the D7100 (after hearing them and being unimpressed) I could not figure out what was going on. I think I had to turn the sidways to even begin to see what was happening. 

So much fail on such a big headphone. 
size]

Aug 9, 2013 at 10:26 PM Post #1,782 of 1,920
Quote:

So much fail on such a big headphone. 
size]

I'm sure someone will jump in and defend them soon, but in the meantime, it definitely is a disappointing product but we really should have seen this coming. 

a) Denon is not a headphone company, and simply had foster make the previous headphones.
b) Denon is a mainstream audio company, and probably saw the beats market as the target market to make the most profit from. 

I hope they change their attitude and shape up for the successor to this line. From my perspective, they have a bit of a hill to climb to get some reputation back. 

Aug 9, 2013 at 10:26 PM Post #1,783 of 1,920
Quote:

I'm sure someone will jump in and defend them soon, but in the meantime, it definitely is a disappointing product but we really should have seen this coming. 

a) Denon is not a headphone company, and simply had foster make the previous headphones.
b) Denon is a mainstream audio company, and probably saw the beats market as the target market to make the most profit from. 

I hope they change their attitude and shape up for the successor to this line. From my perspective, they have a bit of a hill to climb to get some reputation back. 

Agreed on both your points. 

Aug 9, 2013 at 10:26 PM Post #1,784 of 1,920
lol..... that was kinda my thoughts as well. 

no it is not a joke at all. I had the D7000 for years as my primary can and I paid 600 for a new pair of D7100. At first, I was disappointed at everything, the sound was harsh and bass is simply too much, the design is ok for me but the plasticy finish is something that I REALLY dislike even now. I had also searched for cables and recently came acrosss the mundorfs which really suits the D7100. In parallel, in search of a “BETTER” pair of headphones, I got the LCD3 and with a pair of Q-cables but of far, I keep going back to the D7000 and D7100. I think the LCD3 mids/highs are reduced in comparison. BTW, I am using Musical Fidelity M1 Hpa and darkvoice 3322 as amp and it could be down to the amps but it is true that I currently prefers the Denon D7xxx to the LCD3

Aug 9, 2013 at 10:29 PM Post #1,785 of 1,920
Quote:
no it is not a joke at all. I had the D7000 for years as my primary can and I paid 600 for a new pair of D7100. At first, I was disappointed at everything, the sound was harsh and bass is simply too much, the design is ok for me but the plasticy finish is something that I REALLY dislike even now. I had also searched for cables and recently came acrosss the mundorfs which really suits the D7100. In parallel, in search of a “BETTER” pair of headphones, I got the LCD3 and with a pair of Q-cables but of far, I keep going back to the D7000 and D7100. I think the LCD3 mids/highs are reduced in comparison. BTW, I am using Musical Fidelity M1 Hpa and darkvoice 3322 as amp and it could be down to the amps but it is true that I currently prefers the Denon D7xxx to the LCD3

That's pretty much your problem. I had to go up to the Liquid Fire to hear what the LCD-3s were about...and with a GS-X MKI, they really jumped. I wish I had gone with the Burson Soloist instead of the LF, but what are you gonna do. 
size]
  The LCD-3s are a tough nut to crack in terms of proper amping/dac/source. They're really transparent and reveal what "issues" you have upstream, while the D7100/D7000 sound great out of almost anything. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back