denon d7000 earpad on t5p ?
Apr 30, 2012 at 12:07 PM Post #16 of 27
i read somewhere, the T5p has subwooferlike bass at low level listening which is sensed...rather than felt or heard....
just cup both palms to the cups...LMAO. Brilliant.....
k701smile.gif
atsmile.gif
tongue_smile.gif

just teasing...cant help it.

Apr 30, 2012 at 12:14 PM Post #17 of 27
...erm...let me recall...the d2000pads has poor isolation..
didnt lessen the echoey chamberlike sound of the T5p.

the ad2000softpads are much preferred by me, less echoey. closer to the drivers..
very comfy.

very hard to tame the halogen clarion effect of this can...
best way to enjoy this t5p is to plug in an ipad. 
both of them seems to pair off really well.
its designed for portable use, no?
deadhorse.gif

Apr 30, 2012 at 12:28 PM Post #18 of 27
...erm...let me recall...the d2000pads has poor isolation..
didnt lessen the echoey chamberlike sound of the T5p.

the ad2000softpads are much preferred by me, less echoey. closer to the drivers..
very comfy.

very hard to tame the halogen clarion effect of this can...
best way to enjoy this t5p is to plug in an ipad. 
both of them seems to pair off really well.
its designed for portable use, no?
deadhorse.gif

If you read the box, they're basically made to be scaled to anything which includes higher end systems.

Apr 30, 2012 at 12:57 PM Post #19 of 27

i read somewhere, the T5p has subwooferlike bass at low level listening which is sensed...rather than felt or heard....
just cup both palms to the cups...

All systems are go!

Thanks for the photos, sonic soldier.

Apr 30, 2012 at 1:09 PM Post #20 of 27
once i was comparing the clarity of the DT880,.FA003..and the T5p......
on a particular passage of a classical piece where wooden clasp were knocked repeatedly.

on the DT880, the woodclasp went ....Pinng,
the FA003 slightly better, Pinnnnng,
But on the T5p, i heard Pinnnnnnnnnggg...and i can see the brand of the woodclasp too.
That CLARITY for u.
tongue_smile.gif

Apr 30, 2012 at 2:13 PM Post #23 of 27

Nah man, clarity, is when you can identify the headphone, the singer is wearing.

Kiteki I swear I am stalking you, but lol some of your posts are funny.
Nice one :p

Sent from my HTC HD2 using Tapatalk 2

Apr 30, 2012 at 10:03 PM Post #24 of 27
And i tot the Fostex looks industrial, superbly framing this doll of a head...head of a doll....opps..i am melting. 
tongue.gif

Apr 30, 2012 at 10:17 PM Post #25 of 27
     Quote:
How does the headphones the singer is wearing affect the sound? Maybe the pitch but I highly doubt you could do such a feet xP

I can hear her voice in her headphone in my headphone.

So audacious.

Apr 30, 2012 at 11:35 PM Post #27 of 27

Kind of an interesting post Kiteki. Has anyone tried to gauge HP clarity by their ability to convey recording 'mistakes' (or bleeding sound) like that? And if so, which cans would win?

Some headphones and sources will offer clearly better detail extraction, but once you've heard X detail, if you concentrate on another headphone, you'll likely hear it there too.

You don't want flat FR to find details like these, you want an enhanced presentation, that sub-divides the sound-field (like a 4-driver+ custom IEM) or upscales the clarity / resolution etc.

Details like hearing a bird 1km away will appear quite uniformly in all headphones, pretty much any sound signal that lasts for over split second.  If the bird speak is at 4kHz then a headphone with boosted 4kHz will pick it up easier.  Remember FR is only volume balance.

It's the detail within the detail which is key at seperating headphones or sources.  This is what you will call refinement or note definition, signature, and character.  These are 'sounds' which last for under a split second.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back