Denon D2000 D7000 Wood Cup swap
Jul 13, 2010 at 1:39 AM Post #91 of 98
Quote:
Napalm,

Does your driver brackets look like these? The reason I ask, I could not fit the cups without cutting the posts. The cups would not sit flush with the bottom of the bracket lip.

Yep. That's them. I'll post some pics (though probably not the best quality) of what I did tomorrow.

Feb 2, 2011 at 11:55 AM Post #93 of 98
Hi there, where can i get D7000 cups for two pairs of D2k?  How much could it cost? Anyone?

Mar 24, 2011 at 1:25 AM Post #95 of 98
Mar 24, 2011 at 1:35 AM Post #96 of 98
I pretty much did the same thing with  mine. I went all out. I did the markl mod, d7k cups, jmoney earpads, and a recable. The end result was something that didn't sound anything like a d2k. The mids were much warmer, bass was tight, and sibilance was greatly reduced. But on the other hand, I lost a lot of the things I did like about the d2k's. I also wondered how close they would sound to the real d7k's. Well now since I own a pair, judging from memory, it's not even close. The  modded d2k's did sound better than stock, but still no d7k. But it was a very fun project. Drake22 you did a very nice job on those. What cable did you use?

Mar 24, 2011 at 4:14 AM Post #97 of 98
They sound very good. I have the Jena Labs ultrawire on them, 22 gauge. Also J$ v2 pads and d7k cups.
The cable was the most significant improvement in mids and highs. The bass and soundstage were enhanced by cups and pads. I really like them :p

The only thing left is to replace the screws on the outer ring... For some reason they became very loose ( the ones that connect the frame to the cups; first set of 4 screws).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back