Denon D2000 D7000 Wood Cup swap
Jun 9, 2010 at 4:18 PM Post #2 of 98
I remember reading from somewhere that this is actually not physically possible because way they attach to the body frame are a bit different (someone do correct me if I'm wrong...)

Jun 9, 2010 at 5:17 PM Post #4 of 98
Looks like it can be done!
biggrin.gif

Now to find the Head Fier who owns these beautiful cans?

Jun 9, 2010 at 5:24 PM Post #5 of 98
Let me know if you're able to find some extra cups. I'd be very interested in this.

Jun 9, 2010 at 5:51 PM Post #7 of 98
Sweet! Let me know how it goes. If it improves the sound and is easy to do, I'll have to look for a pair myself.

Jun 11, 2010 at 9:49 AM Post #13 of 98

Quote:
I remember reading from somewhere that this is actually not physically possible because way they attach to the body frame are a bit different (someone do correct me if I'm wrong...)

It is "physically possible" but a little tricky. When one disassembles the thing and compares the factory cups with the wood ones, it is clear where to make some holes into the protrusions in the mahogany, practically with a screwdriver or similar.  The mahogany, fortunately, is so easy to work with.

The good news is that I am a woman, and if I have managed to do it, anybody with some common engineering sense should be able to do it as well.  :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back