Denon D2000/D5000, MD2000/MD5000 Thread!
Sep 29, 2012 at 3:48 PM Post #2,327 of 5,248
Quote:
I might rethink my amp choice for the D5000's..
What is the most bass-heavy amp I can get for it to pair up with the MSII?

Quote:
Digizoid ZO 2.3

XD

Word. You really can't find better bass extension for the price. The ZO has 32 bass levels to choose from. 

Sep 29, 2012 at 9:50 PM Post #2,330 of 5,248
Quote:
I'm thinking of buying either the AHD 2000 or 5000 for my new portable cans and was wondering what people thought of the idea and whether the 5000 is worth the extra cash!

i own the d-5000 and they are not really portable they are more of a desktop type reason is that they are not really tight on the head and i have the lawton pads on which are thicker

Sep 29, 2012 at 11:54 PM Post #2,331 of 5,248
Quote:
i own the d-5000 and they are not really portable they are more of a desktop type reason is that they are not really tight on the head and i have the lawton pads on which are thicker

Okay thanks for the info, I'm trying to make sure I get a nice portable pair and I try to read all the reviews on Amazon and what not but I really have no idea what makes headphones portable other then no leakage ect (As in like what in the specs makes them portable or not when listed by the manufacturer). 

I have a $1000 budget, any recommendations on something portable with nice bass? I was looking at the http://www.amazon.com/Ultrasone-PRO-900-Professional-Headphones/dp/B001F00F0E  . I posted in that apprecation thread with some questions, thought I'd update here as well. 

Sep 30, 2012 at 11:21 AM Post #2,332 of 5,248
Quote:
Okay thanks for the info, I'm trying to make sure I get a nice portable pair and I try to read all the reviews on Amazon and what not but I really have no idea what makes headphones portable other then no leakage ect (As in like what in the specs makes them portable or not when listed by the manufacturer). 

I have a $1000 budget, any recommendations on something portable with nice bass? I was looking at the http://www.amazon.com/Ultrasone-PRO-900-Professional-Headphones/dp/B001F00F0E  . I posted in that apprecation thread with some questions, thought I'd update here as well. 

i guess you have to look at the size of the headphone i gather that portable phones have smaller ear pads i guess your stuck like me you have to rely on what others say and if you ear the same thing regularly then it must be true but it doesnt replace listening to them altough not all the brands are available for a listen thats the problem.

Oct 1, 2012 at 2:20 AM Post #2,333 of 5,248
$1000 on a portable setup is a lot. Is it $1k on the headphone alone, or is it the whole system?

Oct 4, 2012 at 4:06 PM Post #2,335 of 5,248
Quote:

Have you tried the Ultrasone Sig Pro.  You can get it vary close to 1K

Oct 6, 2012 at 12:40 PM Post #2,336 of 5,248
With all the talk of the Digi ZO I had to try it. I love bass and use a millet hybrid. Sounds really good just could use a little bump in the bass department. I ordered on Wednesday so should be here any time.....

Oct 6, 2012 at 1:26 PM Post #2,337 of 5,248
Quote:

I was thinking more along the lines of a desktop amplifier that has analog inputs so I can use it with the music streamer II.

Ah, I couldn't help you there. I don't have any experience with desktop amps.

Oct 6, 2012 at 10:38 PM Post #2,339 of 5,248
requires a little bit of work I remember, search for a video guide

Users who are viewing this thread

Back