Denon D2000/D5000, MD2000/MD5000 Thread!
Aug 24, 2012 at 8:39 PM Post #2,311 of 5,248
Quote:
I just thought more is better as they shouldn't get over dampened... Did you apply dynamat on the driver as well, and where?

I thought of this too, like the driver/frame/driveplate pieces were going overboard. I also wonder if sound bouncing off of dynamat is really going to be preferable to mahogany.

Aug 24, 2012 at 8:41 PM Post #2,312 of 5,248
My material is a bit different, on the back it is like bluetac except a lot stronger and not as easily shaped; the front is like a sponge. I think in my case there shouldn't be much adding being able to bounce from the cups.

Aug 26, 2012 at 10:18 PM Post #2,313 of 5,248
I followed all the steps outlined here:
http://www.lawtonaudio.com/page55.html

I didn't do step 7 (daming the driver front), as it is optional for D2000.  I also doubt that they would be dampened enough without adding the damping to the wood cups themselves.  I got the wood cups mainly for the looks, and since cup damping is highly recommended by markL I just went with his recommendation.  I don't know what the wood cups sound like without the damping, but I love it with the damping.

Aug 31, 2012 at 10:50 PM Post #2,314 of 5,248
Was just listening to Zero Cult's "Dreams in Stereo" album on the D2000s and just had this droning sub bass in one of the tracks that really shook my head! 
eek.gif

Do the D5000s have the same level of sub bass? It doesn't seem to be the case or it seems that it is more subtle than the "in-your-face sub bass" of the D2000s.

Sep 2, 2012 at 3:53 PM Post #2,316 of 5,248
Quote:
Was just listening to Zero Cult's "Dreams in Stereo" album on the D2000s and just had this droning sub bass in one of the tracks that really shook my head! 
eek.gif

Do the D5000s have the same level of sub bass? It doesn't seem to be the case or it seems that it is more subtle than the "in-your-face sub bass" of the D2000s.

It's my understanding that the D5k has even better sub-bass than the D2k, if you can imagine that.  That has also been my experience, though the D2ks I own and the D5k I've heard were run on different amps and sources so take that for what it's worth.

Sep 9, 2012 at 4:08 PM Post #2,317 of 5,248
Hi !

I need low impedance AMP/DAC for denon AH-D7000 and ASUS Xonar Essence STX

Could someone tell me which external DAC/Amp to my current Essence STX's S/PDIF output should I buy ? I will use this cans for gaming.

I can't find O2 in any shop, so please give me names of different amp/dac's which will be fine with this cans.

Please for help 

Sep 9, 2012 at 6:02 PM Post #2,318 of 5,248
Quote:
Hi !

I need low impedance AMP/DAC for denon AH-D7000 and ASUS Xonar Essence STX

Could someone tell me which external DAC/Amp to my current Essence STX's S/PDIF output should I buy ? I will use this cans for gaming.

I can't find O2 in any shop, so please give me names of different amp/dac's which will be fine with this cans.

Please for help 

My setup is working quite well, not sure if it's what you are looking for though.

Sep 17, 2012 at 12:54 PM Post #2,319 of 5,248
ZnxAf.jpg

Just got my D5000 today :smile_phones: (Previous headphone Audio Technica ATH-AD700)
Incredible headphone.
Wondering what amp I should get for this babe.
Anyone have any good suggestion?
My eyes are on Objective2 Amp, not quite sure if it's a perfect fit though.

Last edited:
Sep 17, 2012 at 2:44 PM Post #2,321 of 5,248
Quote:
I would say that the O2 is the best fit that you can get in that price range.

What sort improvement does it give? Do share if you have tested it before.
By any chance do you know if the NwAvGuy: O2 Headphone Amp is something similar to the JDS Labs's.
The NwAvGuy O2 amp is the only one available in my area.

Sep 17, 2012 at 2:59 PM Post #2,322 of 5,248
The sound is very clear and sounds almost exactly like the source that is plugged into it.  It provides plenty of volume and power so that your headphones sound like they are supposed to, and they also have a totally black background with sensitive headphones like the Denons..  NwAvGuy is just the designer of the amp.  Anyone with a soldering iron and some basic knowledge can build them.  In theory, every O2 amp should sound the same as they are probably all based on the same parts list.  I am sure that JDS Labs would be willing to sell/ship one to you if you email them.  I have dealt with them on several occasions and they are very pleasant, so it couldn't hurt to ask.

I use my O2 with modified D2000 and was very impressed with the final product.  I have a better DIY amp now, but it is a lot more expensive.  This is why I think you can't go wrong with it.  Just my opinion of course, it would be best if you could try it out.

Sep 17, 2012 at 3:19 PM Post #2,323 of 5,248
Thanks for sharing your experience.
I'll try and give that O2 amp a go. Wouldn't hurt to invest a little for some experience in amping.
Heard it was good with the D5000 from a lot of people. So i'll give it a try.

Sep 19, 2012 at 12:49 AM Post #2,325 of 5,248
Digizoid ZO 2.3

XD

Users who are viewing this thread

Back