Denon D2000/D5000, MD2000/MD5000 Thread!
Apr 29, 2012 at 8:46 AM Post #2,044 of 5,248

Quote:
Yes absolutely!

Then how come I can plug my HP's straight into the LOD and still hear sound without using an external amp? 
confused.gif

Apr 29, 2012 at 9:10 AM Post #2,045 of 5,248

Quote:

Then how come I can plug my HP's straight into the LOD and still hear sound without using an external amp? 
confused.gif

coz it is still using the ipod's internal amp bro. You need an amp to drive or power any headphones. a dac is only a digital to analogue converter of your music. 

I thought you were referring to Fiio L9 LOD when I answered your post. This lod when connected to an amp like my fiio e7 or e17 will bypass the ipod's internal amp.

here's the fiio L9 http://www.amazon.com/FiiO-L9-L-Shaped-Cable-iPhone/dp/B004QVNNI0

Apr 29, 2012 at 9:32 AM Post #2,046 of 5,248

Quote:

coz it is still using the ipod's internal amp bro. You need an amp to drive or power any headphones. a dac is only a digital to analogue converter of your music. 

I thought you were referring to Fiio L9 LOD when I answered your post. This lod when connected to an amp like my fiio e7 or e17 will bypass the ipod's internal amp.

here's the fiio L9 http://www.amazon.com/FiiO-L9-L-Shaped-Cable-iPhone/dp/B004QVNNI0

Thanks for your answer. I know I may sound thick asking all these questions but hey, I am a noob.

I know that a dac is only a converter but I just found it strange that I could hear music through the LOD alone. So I still use the iPods amp until I connect the LOD to an external amp? But won't I then be bi-amping? Or are you saying that maybe my LOD doesn't work as it should compared to the Fiio one? 

Apr 29, 2012 at 9:35 AM Post #2,047 of 5,248
Alright...

The whole system is like this.

Music storage (0101) --> DAC (analogue) --> AMP (to alter the 'volume' of your music) -> headphones.

Therefore you would still be able to hear music if you have plugged your headphones to the LOD. As you reported, you cannot change the volume, so the LOD is working as like other LODs.

Apr 29, 2012 at 9:43 AM Post #2,048 of 5,248

Quote:
Alright...

The whole system is like this.

Music storage (0101) --> DAC (analogue) --> AMP (to alter the 'volume' of your music) -> headphones.

Therefore you would still be able to hear music if you have plugged your headphones to the LOD. As you reported, you cannot change the volume, so the LOD is working as like other LODs.

Thanks mrAdrian for the explanation. I now understand how it woks (and feel kinda stupid  palm :' />  ).

Apr 29, 2012 at 9:48 AM Post #2,049 of 5,248
nah :wink: Everyone has a starting point

Apr 30, 2012 at 5:03 PM Post #2,050 of 5,248
I'm looking for an amp for my Denon D2000. Which amp would you guys recommend for $100-$150. I will be using it with my Asus Xonar DG on my PC and the Tritton AX720 decoder box for gaming. I was looking at the ZO2 and the E11. Any input on any of these?

Apr 30, 2012 at 6:56 PM Post #2,052 of 5,248

Quote:
I'm looking for an amp for my Denon D2000. Which amp would you guys recommend for $100-$150. I will be using it with my Asus Xonar DG on my PC and the Tritton AX720 decoder box for gaming. I was looking at the ZO2 and the E11. Any input on any of these?

I've heard good things about the O2 amp with the Denons, though we're not supposed to talk about it.

Apr 30, 2012 at 8:15 PM Post #2,054 of 5,248

Quote:

I don't see why not? Aren't JDS Labs and Epiphany Acoustics Sponsors of headfi? They are selling the product right?

The person who designed them was banned from Head-Fi because of a few events, we're not allowed to talk about him, so I usually try to be careful how often I mention his products. JDS and Epiphany are resellers/manufacturers and do not own the design.

Apr 30, 2012 at 8:16 PM Post #2,055 of 5,248

Quote:

The person who designed them was banned from Head-Fi because of a few events, we're not allowed to talk about him, so I usually try to be careful how often I mention his products. JDS and Epiphany are resellers/manufacturers and do not own the design.

True but you should be able to talk about the amp itself. You don't need to mention (he who is not to be named :wink:.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back