Denon D2000/D5000, MD2000/MD5000 Thread!
Oct 7, 2011 at 3:22 AM Post #1,411 of 5,248
The D5000 is unbelievable for EDM.  I can now say that it honestly beats the Pro 900 on 95% of songs.  Only on a very small percentage of dirty, dirty drum & bass songs that require more bass and little detail retrieval does the Pro 900 win out over the D5000.  Otherwise, from artists like Armin van Buuren to Noisia to Skream...the D5000 impress me more and more every second. 

Oct 25, 2011 at 7:15 PM Post #1,415 of 5,248
Hey guys,

Has the screw problem been solved by Denon?  I've been thinking of purchasing the D2000 and was curious.  Thanks.

Oct 27, 2011 at 11:25 AM Post #1,418 of 5,248
My GF just bought me a pair of D2000's from JR. They charged 249 even (no tax or shipping). Unfortunately, they haver no ETA for me because even denon has them on backorder. They said that 18 people have ordered them and they have 42 pairs on order. Denon's website also says that they are out of stock. JR said the last time they heard from Denon about it was October 3rd, and no ETA was given then either.

Oct 27, 2011 at 3:56 PM Post #1,419 of 5,248
wow, talk about a shortage

Quote:
My GF just bought me a pair of D2000's from JR. They charged 249 even (no tax or shipping). Unfortunately, they haver no ETA for me because even denon has them on backorder. They said that 18 people have ordered them and they have 42 pairs on order. Denon's website also says that they are out of stock. JR said the last time they heard from Denon about it was October 3rd, and no ETA was given then either.

Oct 27, 2011 at 5:46 PM Post #1,420 of 5,248
Since JR couldnt give me an estimate, i called denon about it. The guy told me that he cant give me an exact date or anything close, but what he DID tell me was that every 2 weeks, CONUS denon recieves a ship/barge with a shipment of the headphones from japan. From there it gets distributed to various denon warehouses and such, who then send it to various suppliers. Basically, worst case scenario i wont actually get the headphones for like a month.

Oct 27, 2011 at 8:47 PM Post #1,422 of 5,248

Quote:
Since JR couldnt give me an estimate, i called denon about it. The guy told me that he cant give me an exact date or anything close, but what he DID tell me was that every 2 weeks, CONUS denon recieves a ship/barge with a shipment of the headphones from japan. From there it gets distributed to various denon warehouses and such, who then send it to various suppliers. Basically, worst case scenario i wont actually get the headphones for like a month.

It's just the wrong time.

I'm in firm belief that by the end of Nov. they'll be everywhere.

Oct 27, 2011 at 9:30 PM Post #1,423 of 5,248
yup thats exactly my belief. 1 month from now == end of november :p

Considering that 2-3 weeks ago they had JUST gone out of stock everywhere and amazon had raised their price to full retail, they should actually probably be in the US sooner than that. hell, maybe they are fixing those screws and thats why everyone is out of the old model heheh

Oct 27, 2011 at 10:42 PM Post #1,424 of 5,248
I ordered a pair of 2000s a few weeks ago. Kinda annoying as i paid $40 for fedex delivery, thought I'd have them a lot sooner. (geez, first world problems!)

The store (that has a warehouse in HK) says new stock is expected on Nov 1st.

Oct 28, 2011 at 1:26 AM Post #1,425 of 5,248
Well, once I get these I'm going to be asking my parents for a Mini3 +X1 kit along with a WES51 soldering station and some other goodies, like solder paste and paste flux. Still debating on getting the Mini3+X1 + ipod LOD or should I just get the E7 + ipod LOD, since I end up using my laptop just about all the time at school and an E7 would benefit me at school.....

Basically, would ipod LOD to mini3 sound better than my laptop through an E7? Furthermore, what tube amp kit should I look at for driving these bad boys at home? Definately need a tube amp kit simply so that I can have controlled volume output from my gamma 2 without any software attenuation....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back