Denon D2000/D5000, MD2000/MD5000 Thread!
Jul 25, 2011 at 10:07 AM Post #1,276 of 5,248

Here's the link from the original MarkL thread. It look's like the template link to the PDF with all the layout no longer works.  I still have the file at home and will post it tonight.
biggrin.gif
 Happy modding!

Quote:
Sooo I recently ordered some denon 2ks and intend to do a partial mrkl when they arrive. My question is, what is the protocol for dynamating the D2k cups? Anyone have pics of them with dynamat in place? I've heard that you're supposed to dynamat around the circle plastic thingy in the middle, and not over it.

Jul 25, 2011 at 11:01 AM Post #1,277 of 5,248

Quote:
Here's the link from the original MarkL thread. It look's like the template link to the PDF with all the layout no longer works.  I still have the file at home and will post it tonight.
biggrin.gif
 Happy modding!

No need - it's been re-posted recently :)

http://www.head-fi.org/forum/thread/352109/markl-mod-made-easy-d2000-possibly-for-d5000-template/30

Shredicus - Just my 0.02, but I'd advise you not to rush into modding the new phones immediately without listening to them for some time, learning their strengths and weaknesses. The modest Dynamat mod + a pad mod do change the sound, but it's nothing drastic and it may not even be to your liking.

Jul 25, 2011 at 4:28 PM Post #1,278 of 5,248

Quote:

No need - it's been re-posted recently :)

http://www.head-fi.org/forum/thread/352109/markl-mod-made-easy-d2000-possibly-for-d5000-template/30

Shredicus - Just my 0.02, but I'd advise you not to rush into modding the new phones immediately without listening to them for some time, learning their strengths and weaknesses. The modest Dynamat mod + a pad mod do change the sound, but it's nothing drastic and it may not even be to your liking.

Thank you Zyzx and Twinster that was exactly what I was looking for! Also, very good advice, but I fully intended to do just that. It's not that I have anticipated that I wont love the sound of the D2000 right out of the box, but I've always just enjoyed having the option to mod things, whether its a game or a PC component. One of the things that I really appreciated about the markl mod is that it's fully reversible and quite cheap if things dont live up to expectations.

Thanks again for the help guys!

Jul 27, 2011 at 3:28 AM Post #1,282 of 5,248
You would trade your hd-25 adidas plus 75 dollars for an ahd-2000?  Arent the adidas originals worth over 200?  Why not sell them and try to score a pair of the ahd-2000 for 200 bucks?

Quote:
i was also tinking, not that im going to do it, but would people be interested in maybe me trading them my hd-25 adidas plus, say, 75 dollars for a denon ahd-2000?

Jul 27, 2011 at 5:40 PM Post #1,283 of 5,248
A little off topic here but I have a question about maintenance. What would you recommend for cleaning the D2K's? Should I use a damp cloth and water to wipe down the pads or is there cleaning solution I should consider?

Jul 28, 2011 at 12:20 AM Post #1,285 of 5,248

Quote:
At the end of every day wipe it down of oils from your face or hands with a microfiber cloth. Takes about 15 seconds. 

I kind of like them broken in.

Something about old headphones that are totally fantastic.

Anyway, it finally cooled down a bit here so I was able to put my D2000s on.  All I have to say is 1 month is too long.  These cans are still awesome.  I have no idea where to go from here (I'm talking upgrades).

Jul 28, 2011 at 12:21 AM Post #1,286 of 5,248
I guess I'll ask my question again.  How notorious are the D2000's pads for cracking?  I did a search on head-fi for the subject and didn't return any results, so I assume it's very good in that regards  (unlike the M50 which seems to crack after only months or a year)  

I just wouldn't want to be paying a grossly overpriced 100usd every year or so just for new pads, and probably won't get the jmoney pads.

Jul 28, 2011 at 12:57 AM Post #1,287 of 5,248
I just try to preserve the leather on the headband, and earpads as well as possible. I dont know whether or not body oils break down the leather but it doesnt hurt to clean them.

I havent seen anything about the pads cracking so I assume theyre no more likely to than any other leatherette pads of other headphones.

Jul 28, 2011 at 2:54 AM Post #1,289 of 5,248
Quote:
I guess I'll ask my question again.  How notorious are the D2000's pads for cracking?  I did a search on head-fi for the subject and didn't return any results, so I assume it's very good in that regards  (unlike the M50 which seems to crack after only months or a year)  

I just wouldn't want to be paying a grossly overpriced 100usd every year or so just for new pads, and probably won't get the jmoney pads.

I dont know about the stock pads cracking but with 2 years of use with my Jmoney V2 Pads, they are cracked to crap

Users who are viewing this thread

Back