Denon D2000/D5000, MD2000/MD5000 Thread!
May 29, 2011 at 12:40 PM Post #1,172 of 5,248
Congrats on your headphones.  Try to upgrade from the E5 asap.  I ran mine through the E7 for months before upgrading to the E9, and trust me the more you give these headphones, the more they will give back

May 29, 2011 at 9:19 PM Post #1,174 of 5,248
Thanks to this thread, I decided not to get a pair of HD650s, and go for a pair of D2000s instead.  I don't think you can find a better value for that price point at the moment.  Build quality was also a determining factor for me as well.  I put in a preorder at J & R.  Unfortunately they sold out over the weekend, probably because of all the chatter here about their super deal.  I called and the sales rep said he could give me the 199.99 price, and that they are scheduled another shipment for the end of this week.  I really hope this is going to be the case because I dont know how much longer I can wait for my cans!  

Has anyone tried running D2000s off a FiiO E11?  I know they would run better off a better amp, but this is what I have at the moment and hopefully they run well with each other.  

May 30, 2011 at 10:47 AM Post #1,175 of 5,248

Quote:
Thanks to this thread, I decided not to get a pair of HD650s, and go for a pair of D2000s instead.  I don't think you can find a better value for that price point at the moment.  Build quality was also a determining factor for me as well.  I put in a preorder at J & R.  Unfortunately they sold out over the weekend, probably because of all the chatter here about their super deal.  I called and the sales rep said he could give me the 199.99 price, and that they are scheduled another shipment for the end of this week.  I really hope this is going to be the case because I dont know how much longer I can wait for my cans!  

Has anyone tried running D2000s off a FiiO E11?  I know they would run better off a better amp, but this is what I have at the moment and hopefully they run well with each other.  

The Denons are easy to amp and they will run just fine from the E11. 

May 30, 2011 at 3:47 PM Post #1,176 of 5,248
I've been wanting to try this combo but I haven't had a chance to get the E11 yet. Let us know how it sounds.

Quote:

May 31, 2011 at 10:06 AM Post #1,177 of 5,248
I just bought a second hand pair of 5000's and I must say, they are marvellous.

Absolutely brilliant.

The only bad thing is the fact that I now want to listed to all of my music again.

Now of to find a nice stand to show them off...

May 31, 2011 at 10:09 AM Post #1,178 of 5,248

Quote:
I just bought a second hand pair of 5000's and I must say, they are marvellous.

Absolutely brilliant.

The only bad thing is the fact that I now want to listed to all of my music again.

Now of to find a nice stand to show them off...

Is that so bad? I would think that's a good thing 
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back