Denon D2000/D5000, MD2000/MD5000 Thread!
May 10, 2011 at 3:57 PM Post #1,141 of 5,248

Quote:
God I hope not. Why would they still be listing them on their webpage? Look at the top of the page: http://usa.denon.com/US/Product/Pages/ProductLanding.aspx?CatId=f28e56fc-7d35-4cf7-88d8-f6ce5abeb128&SubId=175b9aad-12a5-4ba1-9bc0-de397b66258a

They show the D7000 with only one cable coming out. Probably just a site design aesthetic thing but could it be a slip/tease?? 
tongue.gif

Don't think they would update their page with the new products unless they're officially launched. It's really strange how scarce Denon headphones have become the past couple months.

May 10, 2011 at 4:38 PM Post #1,142 of 5,248
Where did you get your d7000 cups? I want to so this now too.... :wink:

Quote:
Actually, I finally got around to installing my wood cups and I used that exact thread as my tutorial -- I even went the exact route you did by cutting off the posts.  That made the install a snap, literally a few minutes worth of work.  The end result is very nice though and I agree with your assessment completely.  There is not only more bass, but it is definitely more textured and natural sounding.  Those D7k cups were worth every penny!  Anyway, thanks for replying and for posting those great pics in the other thread, I'm not sure I would have had the courage to do this without having seen the process in that thread. 
atsmile.gif

May 11, 2011 at 1:01 AM Post #1,144 of 5,248
I purchased the Denon d2000's and I really love the sound and clarity. however, they are just not a great fit for my lifestyle and I want to sell them for IEMs.

Considering they are almost brand new (less than 100 hours) and have very litle visible damage except the padding looks a little used (some creases) and there's a small scratch on the cup (material is scratch prone)...
How much should I be able to sell them for?

May 11, 2011 at 1:52 AM Post #1,145 of 5,248
May 11, 2011 at 1:53 AM Post #1,146 of 5,248

Quote:
I purchased the Denon d2000's and I really love the sound and clarity. however, they are just not a great fit for my lifestyle and I want to sell them for IEMs.

Considering they are almost brand new (less than 100 hours) and have very litle visible damage except the padding looks a little used (some creases) and there's a small scratch on the cup (material is scratch prone)...
How much should I be able to sell them for?

do in IC on the trader forum see what people are willing to pay for them. I guess it all depends on how much they are selling at online stores. I have seen the D2k fluctualte from a little over 200 to a little over 300. 

May 14, 2011 at 6:40 PM Post #1,150 of 5,248
Nope. I didn't. I decided to wait and call them after they are back in stock. I am waiting to see if Denon is going to update the AHD series.

May 14, 2011 at 8:13 PM Post #1,151 of 5,248
I just ordered D7000 a few days ago, and now, it's sold out.  Considering D2000/D5000/D7000 are all sold out, they seem to have very limited inventories.  I guess, with J&R discount, it'll be hard to keep them in stock.

May 17, 2011 at 3:19 AM Post #1,152 of 5,248
Hey everyone, this is my first post. I've been lurking around for quite some time and decided to finally join the D2000 club. 
I'm pretty new to the full size headphone area, and darn it's addicting. I started my journey with HD558's and for some reason could not for the life of me enjoy them. I don't know what it was but they just seemed so boring and lacking a certain something that i just can't describe. I put them aside and burned them in for quite some time, even bought an amp (fiio e7), but I didn't really notice a big difference... sold. Then I began the search for something more fun that would bring more enjoyment to my music. After reading all the reviews and searching every phrase I could think of, I decided on the D2000. Man I'm glad I pulled the trigger, I was a little hesitant at first but from the second I put them on I knew the sound was perfect for me. It's hard to describe, or maybe im not good with description, but they just seem so much fuller and energetic. The voices seem more forward, not distant like with the HD558, and the soundstage is just great. They give life to my music so to speak. I know im new to the area so I don't have much experience with other headphones, but my D2000's are a keeper. Well, now im off for some extended burn in. 

May 17, 2011 at 3:34 AM Post #1,153 of 5,248
welcome, I love the denon sound, I am on my 3rd D2000.  Get a good SS amp and it will shine even brighter. Although I liked mine with Tubes too..

Quote:
Hey everyone, this is my first post. I've been lurking around for quite some time and decided to finally join the D2000 club. 
I'm pretty new to the full size headphone area, and darn it's addicting. I started my journey with HD558's and for some reason could not for the life of me enjoy them. I don't know what it was but they just seemed so boring and lacking a certain something that i just can't describe. I put them aside and burned them in for quite some time, even bought an amp (fiio e7), but I didn't really notice a big difference... sold. Then I began the search for something more fun that would bring more enjoyment to my music. After reading all the reviews and searching every phrase I could think of, I decided on the D2000. Man I'm glad I pulled the trigger, I was a little hesitant at first but from the second I put them on I knew the sound was perfect for me. It's hard to describe, or maybe im not good with description, but they just seem so much fuller and energetic. The voices seem more forward, not distant like with the HD558, and the soundstage is just great. They give life to my music so to speak. I know im new to the area so I don't have much experience with other headphones, but my D2000's are a keeper. Well, now im off for some extended burn in. 

May 17, 2011 at 3:45 AM Post #1,154 of 5,248
Well right now I'm using a little fiio e7. I know it's probably not the best option, but it was the best choice my budget would allow at the time. I'm thinking about getting something along the lines of an ibasso d6 but im not sure. I'm kinda in a transition from college to finding a job so a desktop amp is out of question, I move around far too much. it seems like every time i see a "what amp works best with the D2000" question there's like 10 different answers, each with good reasons as to why it's best. I swear, finding the right amp is the hardest part of this headphone hobby lol. 

May 17, 2011 at 4:07 AM Post #1,155 of 5,248

Quote:
Well right now I'm using a little fiio e7. I know it's probably not the best option, but it was the best choice my budget would allow at the time. I'm thinking about getting something along the lines of an ibasso d6 but im not sure. I'm kinda in a transition from college to finding a job so a desktop amp is out of question, I move around far too much. it seems like every time i see a "what amp works best with the D2000" question there's like 10 different answers, each with good reasons as to why it's best. I swear, finding the right amp is the hardest part of this headphone hobby lol. 

I don't get the part where you move around way too far too much to have a desktop amp. Desktop amps are not really that big.  If you are using the d2000 with your portable rig, then I understand the need for a portable amp. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back