Denon D2000/D5000, MD2000/MD5000 Thread!
Apr 27, 2011 at 1:30 AM Post #1,096 of 5,248
yeah, but I don't think he meant that he wants it tightened. If he was any way like I was, I felt like it was just not enough bass. I'm also a bass head, and as long as it isn't too ridiculous, the more bass the better for many songs mattering on the genre. That is one of the reasons why i DIDN"T get the J$ pads...because I heard it was tightened. Now that I've head the headphones for a longer time now and have gotten used to their sound signature though, I am considering them.

May 1, 2011 at 10:21 PM Post #1,100 of 5,248

wow how random, I have the d2k with a kicas non caliente, and I love that combo.. I gave my d2k to my nephew so I figured I am gonna sell my KICAS today.. and I see this post...
Quote:
How much is it and how do I buy it? I found the website of the makers of it but I can't find an option to buy it or a price.

May 1, 2011 at 10:31 PM Post #1,101 of 5,248
Looks like they are completely out of stock, which basically tells you how popular they are 
biggrin.gif
. I have one that I have sent for repairs. Guess you're lucky since blur is selling his. A new one will cost you $270

May 2, 2011 at 12:20 AM Post #1,102 of 5,248
Where did you get that price? It was selling for $399 new at 1 point.. probably chanced idk..
Quote:
Looks like they are completely out of stock, which basically tells you how popular they are 
biggrin.gif
. I have one that I have sent for repairs. Guess you're lucky since blur is selling his. A new one will cost you $270

May 2, 2011 at 1:52 AM Post #1,103 of 5,248

Quote:
KICAS Non Caliente version. Does wonders to the Denons

Ill second that, i have this combo and love it to death! never will sell

May 2, 2011 at 3:37 AM Post #1,104 of 5,248
How does the Schiit Asgard perform with the 2000's?

Right now, i'm going to use it with my Xonar Essence ST, but i'm thinking of getting an Asgard. 
The KICAS seems to be hard to get your hands on right now.

Edit: One that could be gotten from a european seller would be appreciated too, so i won't have to pay customs to get it to Sweden. 

May 2, 2011 at 3:42 AM Post #1,105 of 5,248

Quote:

Ill second that, i have this combo and love it to death! never will sell

hey darren I just noticed your d2k is almost like mine markl modded j$ and D7k cups, mine is with upgraded cable. My stock d2k I gave to my nephew. Have you tried your d2k with tubes? I am using my modded d2k with my mad ear and it sounds great. 

May 2, 2011 at 6:53 AM Post #1,106 of 5,248

Quote:
hey darren I just noticed your d2k is almost like mine markl modded j$ and D7k cups, mine is with upgraded cable. My stock d2k I gave to my nephew. Have you tried your d2k with tubes? I am using my modded d2k with my mad ear and it sounds great. 

I have paired mine with a couple tube amps and they sound best with solid state. The WA22 was probably the only amp where they sounded good enough to compete with a SS amp.

Quote:
Where did you get that price? It was selling for $399 new at 1 point.. probably chanced idk..

$399 was the old price. They have been selling the KICAS for $249 + $21 shipping for the last year or so.

May 2, 2011 at 11:44 AM Post #1,108 of 5,248

Quote:
yeah, but I don't think he meant that he wants it tightened. If he was any way like I was, I felt like it was just not enough bass. I'm also a bass head, and as long as it isn't too ridiculous, the more bass the better for many songs mattering on the genre. That is one of the reasons why i DIDN"T get the J$ pads...because I heard it was tightened. Now that I've head the headphones for a longer time now and have gotten used to their sound signature though, I am considering them.

The JMoney pads do not tighten the bass in a negative way atleast IMO. Previously, the bass seemed to be a little bloated and rolled off. The JMoney pads take care of that without reducing the bass. In addition, they greatly increases the soundstage horizontally and vertically.

May 2, 2011 at 11:57 AM Post #1,109 of 5,248

Quote:

You're exactly right -- I'm not looking to tighten it up necessarily, I just want more bass!  We seem to be in the same boat, I've not considered the J$ pads for the same reason.  Another thing, just got myself a set of D7000 cups but haven't had a chance to install them.  I noticed your D2Ks are similarly modded and since we seem to feel the same way about the bass response, what's your take on the wood cups?  Any significant impact on bass quantity/quality?

Quote:
The JMoney pads do not tighten the bass in a negative way atleast IMO. Previously, the bass seemed to be a little bloated and rolled off. The JMoney pads take care of that without reducing the bass. In addition, they greatly increases the soundstage horizontally and vertically.

I'm sure the J$ pads make the bass more accurate but doesn't that also give your ears the impression that there is less bass quantity?  I'm still a bit torn on the pads simply cause I don't want to reduce the bass but I must admit the idea of a greater soundstage is definitely tempting since I use my D2Ks primarily for gaming.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back