Denon D2000/D5000, MD2000/MD5000 Thread!
Apr 1, 2011 at 7:44 AM Post #1,051 of 5,248
I would definitely get the Jmoney pads and see how that works out. Other than that I guess you would have to listen in a cooler environment 
cool.gif

Apr 1, 2011 at 7:01 PM Post #1,052 of 5,248
I can't decide between the Denon 2000 or Beyer DT880 660ohm!

I listen to:
Hip-Hop
R&B
K-Pop
Electro
House
Dubstep

Planning to get the E7/E9 to amp them.
Which would you think would be the better headphone to suit my preference of music?

Apr 2, 2011 at 2:47 PM Post #1,054 of 5,248

Quote:
I can't decide between the Denon 2000 or Beyer DT880 660ohm!

I listen to:
Hip-Hop
R&B
K-Pop
Electro
House
Dubstep

Planning to get the E7/E9 to amp them.
Which would you think would be the better headphone to suit my preference of music?

This is exactly what I listen to (well, no K-Pop) and I can tell you that the Denon is perfect for electronic music.  In fact, not too long ago (few posts back) I mentioned that their is no better headphone for electronic music. I also power mine with a E7, it is a great combination.  Trust me, you will not be dissappointed if indeed you listen to those genres of music.   Especially dubstep and house. . .

Apr 2, 2011 at 5:15 PM Post #1,056 of 5,248
Alright guys (check the sig, Electronic music)...I think my next headphone purchase is going to be a pair of D7000 (w/ Blue Dragon Recable) + J Money Earpads. Sound like a solid investment? Powered by an E9, and hoping to add a Schiit to the mix by years end.

Solid investment?

Apr 2, 2011 at 10:42 PM Post #1,057 of 5,248

Quote:
Alright guys (check the sig, Electronic music)...I think my next headphone purchase is going to be a pair of D7000 (w/ Blue Dragon Recable) + J Money Earpads. Sound like a solid investment? Powered by an E9, and hoping to add a Schiit to the mix by years end.

Solid investment?

Yes I would say so. The J$ pads widen the soundstage and are a good spend. I would definitely upgrade from the E9 somewhere down the line to a good SS amp (not that the E9 is not good). 

Apr 3, 2011 at 4:23 AM Post #1,059 of 5,248
Apr 3, 2011 at 4:57 PM Post #1,061 of 5,248
Appreciate the comments guys, and yeah, living in Louisiana doesn't help too much. 
smile.gif
. I had thought about the J$ pads for a while. The reason why I didn't get them was mostly because of the horror stories of the two pads being different sizes/put together poorly. I guess it isn't too much of a problem?

Apr 4, 2011 at 12:00 AM Post #1,063 of 5,248
No problems at all with my V3 pads, in fact very impressed with the overall quality.

Apr 4, 2011 at 2:50 AM Post #1,064 of 5,248
Yes I would say so. The J$ pads widen the soundstage and are a good spend. I would definitely upgrade from the E9 somewhere down the line to a good SS amp (not that the E9 is not good). 

I'll have to respectfully disagree. Paired up with a warm source is a wonderful combination for the E9 and the Denons.

I prefer the D7000 with the E9 over the Schiit Lyr. The E9 is noticably more aggressive and engaging. The Lyr is refined and well balanced, but nothing in particular will captivate you. The one aspect the Lyr wins is in punchy bass. The E9 goes lower, mids and highs are more forward and aren't a slouch in punchy bass either. The Lyr is more natural. This goes for 3 different sources, the sources mainly altering tone, and not the balance that the E9 and Lyr have.

I think people are dismissing the E9 way too early, where they should consider pairing it with a better source. ESPECIALLY in the case of easy to drive headphones like the Denons. The Lyr is definitely more refined, but you'll want to go back to the engaging sound of the E9, IMHO.

Again, I'm referring to the E9 with cans like the Denons that don't require too much, despite the nonsense (IMHO) that they want a lot of power to shine.

So IMO, I'd keep the E9 and find a DAC with warmth.

Apr 4, 2011 at 2:57 AM Post #1,065 of 5,248

Any recommendations on a DAC? I've had my eye out on an upgrade for awhile.
Quote:
Quote:

I'll have to respectfully disagree. Paired up with a warm source is a wonderful combination for the E9 and the Denons.

I prefer the D7000 with the E9 over the Schiit Lyr. The E9 is noticably more aggressive and engaging. The Lyr is refined and well balanced, but nothing in particular will captivate you. The one aspect the Lyr wins is in punchy bass. The E9 goes lower, mids and highs are more forward and aren't a slouch in punchy bass either. The Lyr is more natural. This goes for 3 different sources, the sources mainly altering tone, and not the balance that the E9 and Lyr have.

I think people are dismissing the E9 way too early, where they should consider pairing it with a better source. ESPECIALLY in the case of easy to drive headphones like the Denons. The Lyr is definitely more refined, but you'll want to go back to the engaging sound of the E9, IMHO.

Again, I'm referring to the E9 with cans like the Denons that don't require too much, despite the nonsense (IMHO) that they want a lot of power to shine.

So IMO, I'd keep the E9 and find a DAC with warmth.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back