Denon D2000/D5000, MD2000/MD5000 Thread!
Oct 11, 2010 at 9:59 AM Post #946 of 5,248
Pinch the ring with your thumb and index finger instead of pressing down on the pad. I never understood why people recommended pressing down.  All that does is make the pad slide around on the ring.

Be careful when lifting up on the ring so that you don't break it or the hooks on the assembly, but pinching the ring is the easiest method.

Quote:
 Does anyone have problem getting the earpads off D7000? Mine just keep rotating but wouldn't come off. My friend and I got a pair each during the Magnolia sale last month. Both of ours have the same issue.
I have a pair of D2000 and the pads just come off with the press and twist method easily. Maybe they did something different to this batch of D7000?

Oct 11, 2010 at 12:22 PM Post #947 of 5,248

Quote:
Pinch the ring with your thumb and index finger instead of pressing down on the pad. I never understood why people recommended pressing down.  All that does is make the pad slide around on the ring.

Be careful when lifting up on the ring so that you don't break it or the hooks on the assembly, but pinching the ring is the easiest method.

Thanks for the advice.
I tried pinching the pad with my fingers but it would still just go round and round. My D2000 don't have this problem at all.
Very frustrating.

Oct 11, 2010 at 3:52 PM Post #948 of 5,248
See where my thumb is in this picture?  I'm pulling the ring away from the housing, VERY GENTLY.  Do that.  You should be able to feel the ring underneath the plether.  Find the spot where the ring flexes more away from the housing, then pinch that so that the pad doesn't slide around on the ring, and rotate it counter-clockwise.  Should come loose easily.

Oct 11, 2010 at 4:50 PM Post #949 of 5,248
 Great! I'll try that when I get home.

Cheers!

Oct 11, 2010 at 8:53 PM Post #950 of 5,248

Quote:
See where my thumb is in this picture?  I'm pulling the ring away from the housing, VERY GENTLY.  Do that.  You should be able to feel the ring underneath the plether.  Find the spot where the ring flexes more away from the housing, then pinch that so that the pad doesn't slide around on the ring, and rotate it counter-clockwise.  Should come loose easily.

Wow! Thank you! I was going to request a picture too. XD

Easiest way to get them off, ever!

Wait no, only working for the side I got off before. ._. Which way is counter clockwise?

Oct 11, 2010 at 10:16 PM Post #951 of 5,248
These headphones hurt my face.  You can only grin like a fool for so long. 
L3000.gif

After a rather exhaustive search, I finally settled upon a pair of D5000 headphones.  I use these in a "game" room in our basement that includes a 52" Sharp LCD TV with FiOS and a Moxi HD DVR, an XBox 360, PS3, and a desktop computer.  My musical tastes are quite diverse, but I seem to lean toward predominantly funky stuff with an abundance of bass.  I love Holst's "Jupiter", as well as "Headhunter" by Calyx (drum 'n' bass), and I'd rarely turn the volume down on folk, jazz, or rock.

I have a Nuforce Icon HDP amp, which seems to complement my Denon AH-D5000s extremely well with my musical predilection originating from such a vast source. These Denons have significantly boosted the bass that seemed a tad anemic from my Nuforce HDP/Sennheiser HD-595 pairing, while taming it ever so slightly and still leaving it quite satisfying and dominant in most of the music that I enjoy.  This amp/dac-headphone match has a ton of positive synergy, and the weakness of each is counterbalanced.  I mean, WOW, my cheeks are still aching from smiling too much.

Oct 12, 2010 at 10:01 AM Post #952 of 5,248
Quote:
Wait no, only working for the side I got off before. ._. Which way is counter clockwise?

If the pad is on the left, and the housing on the right, rotate up.

Oct 12, 2010 at 10:20 AM Post #953 of 5,248
I've had my D2000s for about 3 days now and I'm absolutely loving the sound.  It's so strange having listened to my AD700s for almost a year now and then going to these D2000s which actually have a thump to them.
smily_headphones1.gif

My only complaint is the cord.  The rubbery cord on my AD700 was much more pleasant than this cloth cord on D2000s.  The D2000 cord is grabbing dust off my desk (I didn't even think there was dust there to begin with!) and is just not pleasant to route around objects on my desk.

Nov 23, 2010 at 12:48 AM Post #954 of 5,248
D2000 owners: do you feel your headphones match better with a 'musical' warmer sounding dac/amp or a 'neutral' revealing sounding dac/amp? I want to upgrade from my uDAC to a small desktop dac/amp that has more detail. I have narrowed it down to the HDP or Audio-GD NFB-11 on the neutral/revealing side of things, or the NFB-12 as a warmer/more forgiving option.

Nov 23, 2010 at 3:15 AM Post #956 of 5,248
Loving mine :) i just order my Ibasso D4, lets see how this baby sound with a proper dac instead of my crappy computer crapcard ;P
I wish the bass is deeper like my thx bass, and it can make my body dance from the bass thump LOL

But music is like an angel with this thing, wait till i mod my d2000 into a rice rocket then itll be awesome... he he he

Dec 20, 2010 at 11:25 PM Post #957 of 5,248
I'm not sure if this question has been asked, but how would the Denon 2000/D5000 pair with a Darkvoice 337?  Would it be a better pairing than say a DT990 250ohms?  In terms of comparing bigger bass presence and impact. And how would a J$ modded D2000 compare with a stock D5000, which has a higher quality of sound ( in terms of bass, tightness, impact etc )

Dec 21, 2010 at 2:04 PM Post #958 of 5,248
Quote:
I'm not sure if this question has been asked, but how would the Denon 2000/D5000 pair with a Darkvoice 337?  Would it be a better pairing than say a DT990 250ohms?  In terms of comparing bigger bass presence and impact. And how would a J$ modded D2000 compare with a stock D5000, which has a higher quality of sound ( in terms of bass, tightness, impact etc )

I can't speak to most of this, but the J$ "mod" is just replacement earpads, which will work identically on the D2000, D5000, and D7000.  The advantage sound-wise is that they push the drivers farther away from the ear, so that the large drivers aren't blaring so close to the ear.  It's just a matter of optimal driver placement.  I'd recommend getting the J$ pads regardless of which AH-D#000 you decide to go for.

Dec 21, 2010 at 2:16 PM Post #959 of 5,248
To add just a bit more about the J$ earpads, because they are significantly thicker pads with a bit stiffer foam being used, they provide a slightly stronger clamping force.   This, along with the lambskin leather, offer a better overall sound isolation. 

Dec 21, 2010 at 2:41 PM Post #960 of 5,248

Quote:
To add just a bit more about the J$ earpads, because they are significantly thicker pads with a bit stiffer foam being used, they provide a slightly stronger clamping force.   This, along with the lambskin leather, offer a better overall sound isolation. 

Yes, and that's why I seriously considered it at one point. I am concerned however, that the distance change will have an undesired effect on the sound. I had the LA's with stuffed pads and did not care for the results (but they have other mods done...).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back