Denon D2000/D5000, MD2000/MD5000 Thread!
Mar 5, 2014 at 5:03 AM Post #3,452 of 5,248
uhm, LeFaucon sure that it will fit the D2000 smoothly ? but it looks great
tongue_smile.gif

humh, what to say, last night i stayed until 3am for some chillout tracks and badly, i prefer my old bad boy D2000. what s the mess, why is my new shiny D5000 can't give me the warm and deeply spectrum sensation.

ok thinking that i found the reason for my-self :
D2K : 5000 hours of listen (approximative)
D5K : 50 hours, not more
duggehsmile.png

next step: redwood on D2000 and angel pad on D5000 for me
popcorn.gif

@LeFaucon, enchanté
beerchug.gif
, si jamais on est voisin ? :love:

Mar 5, 2014 at 6:17 AM Post #3,453 of 5,248
  uhm, LeFaucon sure that it will fit the D2000 smoothly ? but it looks great
tongue_smile.gif

humh, what to say, last night i stayed until 3am for some chillout tracks and badly, i prefer my old bad boy D2000. what s the mess, why is my new shiny D5000 can't give me the warm and deeply spectrum sensation.

ok thinking that i found the reason for my-self :
D2K : 5000 hours of listen (approximative)
D5K : 50 hours, not more
duggehsmile.png

next step: redwood on D2000 and angel pad on D5000 for me
popcorn.gif

@LeFaucon, enchanté
beerchug.gif
, si jamais on est voisin ? :love:

Thank you hunolina !

normally it SHOULD fit well...? (the seller told mpe : "ready to fit" or he told me also to send to him if I don't arrive on my own...)

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO !!!
just the D2000 is better !!!

no, I'm joking : of course between 50 et 5000 hours... NO PHOTO ! (as we say par chez nous !)

@hunolina

peut-être ? j'habite le 92 près de Paname
enchanté également

Mar 5, 2014 at 7:01 AM Post #3,454 of 5,248
That should work (the Dynamat kit).  Cotton to the pads increases the distance to the drivers, which on angle pads (like Denon stockers are) aid in soundstage a bit.  It adds comfort as well. 

Play with the cotton.  You also have other options - Alpha pads, Lawton angle pads.  The damping will give you the most improvement. 
thanks

Mar 5, 2014 at 7:59 AM Post #3,456 of 5,248
  yes : I'm sorry !
try this one :

http://www.ebay.it/itm/NEW-Denon-AH-D2000-AHD2000-D5000-cup-wood-chambers-ZIRICOTE-headphone-cuffie-/121275476344 

Nice cups,like this kind  of wood .Looks to be similar to what Lawton audio sells African Shedua .His cups sell for $289.00 U.S. per pair  but if i remember correctly only fit the D5000 and D7000.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                       

Mar 5, 2014 at 8:03 AM Post #3,457 of 5,248
  Nice cups,like this kind  of wood .Looks to be similar to what Lawton audio sells African Shedua .His cups sell for $289.00 U.S. per pair  but if i remember correctly only fit the D5000 and D7000.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                       

Thank you MIKELAP !
wink.gif

yes, that's why I said 125 euros shipping included not so mpuch...?
I like their colour and wanted to stay in the original "dark side" of the force... euh aesthetic !

Mar 5, 2014 at 9:28 AM Post #3,458 of 5,248
Originally Posted by LeFaucon /img/forum/go_quote.gif

so I think my D2000 + these ziricote wood cups + a pair of Alphas for abnout 400.00 euros all shipping included... 

He paid less for his then I did for mine q.q 

Mine cost me about $750. Or $400 cash +He 400 [used] +New T50RP 

It's being shipped from Mark to me this week! Should have it by Friday

Mar 5, 2014 at 5:30 PM Post #3,461 of 5,248
  Oh and btw hunolina...
din't know someone made "angel pads" !?!?!?

biggrin.gif

L3000.gif

Haha, i mean Lawtonaudio pads 
bigsmile_face.gif

I did have a chance to touch one D7x with Lawton Audio's cups all I can say that : he does amazingly well, all the side and it fits fully to the headphones, and it looks like these cups were made officially from Denon's factory. I will try to get my self one pair of his cups in the future. 

These cups is killing me, can take my eyes off (even it is only a photo), what the shame of me , haha

Australian Sheoak (photo from Lawtonaudio.com) :

Mar 5, 2014 at 6:32 PM Post #3,462 of 5,248
  Haha, i mean Lawtonaudio pads 
bigsmile_face.gif

I did have a chance to touch one D7x with Lawton Audio's cups all I can say that : he does amazingly well, all the side and it fits fully to the headphones, and it looks like these cups were made officially from Denon's factory. I will try to get my self one pair of his cups in the future. 

These cups is killing me, can take my eyes off (even it is only a photo), what the shame of me , haha

Australian Sheoak (photo from Lawtonaudio.com) :

That's a gorgeous tonewood...................

My Cocobolo Rosewood for your viewing pleasure from Martin Custom Audio...........

Mar 5, 2014 at 6:33 PM Post #3,463 of 5,248
  He paid less for his then I did for mine q.q 

Mine cost me about $750. Or $400 cash +He 400 [used] +New T50RP 

It's being shipped from Mark to me this week! Should have it by Friday

Finally..............the long journey from Europe to Mshenay is almost complete.  Can't wait to hear your impressions bud.

Mar 5, 2014 at 9:50 PM Post #3,464 of 5,248
Strangely I prefer the looks of the stock cups 
tongue.gif

Anyone with me?

Mar 5, 2014 at 10:00 PM Post #3,465 of 5,248
  Strangely I prefer the looks of the stock cups 
tongue.gif

Anyone with me?

Sorry but i prefer those

Users who are viewing this thread

Back