Denon D2000/D5000, MD2000/MD5000 Thread!
Mar 4, 2014 at 5:08 PM Post #3,436 of 5,248
WOW ! WOW ! WOW !

A little less in fact... And what´s the matter ?
For it s my money and my pleasure
And don t find it SO MUCH expansive compare to Lawton s (289.00$) or Martin s...
Job already done and dampened and ready to fit
So no : I don t find it too much expansive at all
And didn't t expect such a reply nor !
mad.gif
confused.gif
cool.gif

You asked what people thought. What exactly DID you expect?! I would have suggested you sell your D2000's (assuming thats what youre going to put those $200 wood cups on), skipped buying those wooden cups and bought yourself a pair of D5000's if you wanted that look so bad. And as far as the mod goes, you could have done any mod you wanted to the D5000's yourself. But, as you said, its your money.

Mar 4, 2014 at 6:16 PM Post #3,438 of 5,248

You asked what people thought. What exactly DID you expect?! I would have suggested you sell your D2000's (assuming thats what youre going to put those $200 wood cups on), skipped buying those wooden cups and bought yourself a pair of D5000's if you wanted that look so bad. And as far as the mod goes, you could have done any mod you wanted to the D5000's yourself. But, as you said, its your money.

I think while forums are open to opinions, people on average appreciate politeness. Your first post could definitely have used a lighter tone e.g. 'Wow that's expensive... I would've gone for a D5000 instead but congratulations for your new purchase" that kind of comment would have had the same effect and not left another headfier unhappy for the day.

With that money however, I would also gone for a D5000 XD

Mar 4, 2014 at 6:24 PM Post #3,439 of 5,248
I clicked the link and got a pair of tubes, not wood cups!  Help me out here!

And I think they are a good investment!   Your money, your headphones, now increased in performance and value!  I did the same with Martin Custom Audio but paid more and no damping. 

Mar 4, 2014 at 6:29 PM Post #3,440 of 5,248
with respect MrAdrian, what you said is right
regular_smile .gif
, totally agree.

But I think that those wood cups are ok for his D2000 :D , I will do like him next month :D, love my D2000 and want to renew him a little bit (even I'm really ok with my new D5000) 
o2smile.gif

My D5000 costs me about 600$ all fee included. 
popcorn.gif

LeFaucon post some pictures when you have done your modd, on attend tes photos
beerchug.gif

Mar 4, 2014 at 6:37 PM Post #3,441 of 5,248
  Hey guys, I really enjoy the D2K for non-classical genres but I find it's not the best choice for classical music. Any recommendations for cans excellent for classical music? Here is what I am looking for .....

1. $500 ~ $1000
2. Music genre: Classical
3. Neutral and transparent
4. Fast and effortless
5. Sparkling treble
6. Sound signature similar to earphone Sony EX1000.

I have not auditioned the D5K or D7K, but I assume they may share similar sound signature as the D2K, correct?

A Beyerdynamic headphone....T1 is on sale for like $750ish.  Or a used HD800 can be found for slightly under 1k if you watch the FS forums.

The beyers are fast, have the treble smooth/sparkle.   The HD800's soundstage makes classical a cut above the T1 imo.

Mar 4, 2014 at 9:01 PM Post #3,442 of 5,248

And I think they are a good investment!   Your money, your headphones, now increased in performance and value!  I did the same with Martin Custom Audio but paid more and no damping. 

i am getting tubes also !

Mar 4, 2014 at 9:03 PM Post #3,443 of 5,248
Hi guys !
Just bought it !

http://cgi.ebay.fr/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=121285942759&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

What da ya think about ?
cool.gif

Malheureusement  ce n'est pas le bon lien ont voit des tubes !

Mar 4, 2014 at 11:33 PM Post #3,444 of 5,248

I think while forums are open to opinions, people on average appreciate politeness. Your first post could definitely have used a lighter tone e.g. 'Wow that's expensive... I would've gone for a D5000 instead but congratulations for your new purchase" that kind of comment would have had the same effect and not left another headfier unhappy for the day.

With that money however, I would also gone for a D5000 XD

Thank you : that's what I think and I agree also

these cups were made for D2000
I got mine for "only" 200.00 euros near MINT condition without ANY mark on it
as said above I'm a "newbie there and want to start slowly in modding
so I think my D2000 + these ziricote wood cups + a pair of Alphas for abnout 400.00 euros all shipping included... well NOT so BAD and MUCH more less than a basic D5000 I could find ???

for you guys : still in auction :

http://cgi.ebay.fr/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=191084557904&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

Your opinion... it's OK
Thx for it !
and have a nice day... or night (don't know ?)

Mar 4, 2014 at 11:37 PM Post #3,445 of 5,248

Thank you also Oregonian

yes : the link is dead... - sorry for that : it was right when I posted first - for the seller as ended it while he sold to me : try this one :

http://www.ebay.it/itm/NEW-Denon-AH-D2000-AHD2000-D5000-cup-wood-chambers-ZIRICOTE-headphone-cuffie-/121275476344

it's also an ended one but seems to work still ?
just tell me ?

Mar 4, 2014 at 11:53 PM Post #3,448 of 5,248
  with respect MrAdrian, what you said is right
regular_smile .gif
, totally agree.

But I think that those wood cups are ok for his D2000 :D , I will do like him next month :D, love my D2000 and want to renew him a little bit (even I'm really ok with my new D5000) 
o2smile.gif

My D5000 costs me about 600$ all fee included. 
popcorn.gif

LeFaucon post some pictures when you have done your modd, on attend tes photos
beerchug.gif

Thank you also
I came there after reading ALL your pages to make my own opinion and start modding slowly and just wanted your opinions in aesthetic, advices and encouragements or so...
I'm not living in a "bisounours" world (I'm 54 soon...) but yes : I felt the FIRST "cutting" reply a little bit "agressive" to me (MY opinion only...) and didn't expect to it ! LOL
of course I will post some photos as soon as I will be able to... for I'm new there and seems didn't post enough yet !
an other member told me how to do 
merci oui je le ferai dès que je pourrai : un autre membre m'a indiqué comment faire

Users who are viewing this thread

Back