Denon D2000/D5000, MD2000/MD5000 Thread!
Dec 31, 2013 at 4:22 PM Post #3,197 of 5,248
Using all I've got buddy...................the spare alpha set went on my Q40 and the Lawtons are staying on my D7000.

Keep looking in the classifieds - I just missed out on a pair of Alpha's for $48.  And I see J$ pads fairly regularly, tho I wasn't impressed with them and sold my pair. 

Jan 1, 2014 at 7:28 AM Post #3,200 of 5,248
Whoever said these things were built cheaply, you must just be a beast, because the screws and all the parts, small or not, were built like a tank. They used Loctite on EVERYTHING, and it was all super tight. I was struggling at some points to loosen the screws without breaking something. I made a video of some of it so people can see how to take apart the headband but am not sure if I'll be uploading it. The camera angle wasn't the best and it would need some editing. It will be on my computers hard drive for now.

But anyway...
blink.gif

Parts to be black...

I won't be defacing the D2000 cups, but I will be plasti-dipping them black. It's completely removable, but everything else won't be. But, IDC. Denon Darth2000.

biggrin.gif

Also, the headband adjustment pieces are taped off rather than disassembled because I couldn't loosen the screws and didn't want to bend or break either of the pieces they are going through. Tape will have to do, the paint won't stick to anything stainless anyway, I'll just chip it off if I have to.

Jan 1, 2014 at 8:00 AM Post #3,201 of 5,248
Casper - looking forward to seeing your project completed! Going to look badarse.......

Jan 1, 2014 at 11:03 AM Post #3,205 of 5,248
I am new. To this site so I can't post them up yet. My husband bought them and was trying to keep them new as long as he could. He has a few other sets he uses. He basically checked them out and then put them away for safe keeping. Thank you for the suggestion. I do appreciate it! :)

Jan 1, 2014 at 12:39 PM Post #3,206 of 5,248
I am new. To this site so I can't post them up yet. My husband bought them and was trying to keep them new as long as he could. He has a few other sets he uses. He basically checked them out and then put them away for safe keeping. Thank you for the suggestion. I do appreciate it!
smily_headphones1.gif

That's a nice item to KEEP.  Should fetch about $450-500 if you go by what the typical sell price has been on our for sale boards. 

I say this only because I've not only owned them, sold them, but watch out for the entire Denon family on the for sale board regularly.  My favorite sound signature, to include the Fostex TH900, former builders of the earlier Denon's.

Good luck with sale - should move quickly if he indeed wants to sell them.

Jan 1, 2014 at 6:56 PM Post #3,208 of 5,248
Which would be more worth the cost (about the same price total):

1) D2000 (w/ Lawton mod + Angle pads)

or 

2) D5000 (unmodded, original pads)

(fyi--I'm still having trouble finding a near-mint condition pair of D2000s for a reasonable price. If anyone knows someone or some place that's selling a near-mint or new pair, please let me know!)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back