Denon D1100 vs AudioTechnica ATH-M50 vs Sennheiser HD25-1 ii vs AIAIAI TMA-1
Dec 1, 2010 at 11:48 AM Post #16 of 18

Quote:
Quote:
The AIAIAI are Garbage, listen to there on ear headphone...the track stars? something along the lines of that, they sound way way way way way way way  better, I don't even know where AIAIAI had to look to buy a drive that sounds as bad as those. 

I don't know what to call this, but I doubt anyone here or on Head-fi takes you seriously. There are around 25 people praising it in the AIAIAI TMA-1 thread. 

And if you have a better idea for:

1. An all around headphone to be used at home and on the go
  2. Good with portable devices
  3. Sounds good with Rock, J-Rock, J-Pop, Techno, Electro Rock, Alternative, and Orchestral.
  4. At least Okay Isolation.

.... Headphones, then please, let me know. Otherwise, don't hate on something you obviously barely know about.

Well that's my opinion, I listened to them for a bout 10 min and thought that were garbage and why would anyone pay for them, tried there Tracks on ear, the sound was great form them I don't understand why they would use a different driver in them considering the TMA-1 were built like a tank. As for the different headphones I do have an Idea, Ultrasone HFI 580-780, Sony MDR V6, Beyer-dynamic DT 440, Ultrasone PRO550, Denon D2000, The M50, Need I go on? Wait...I just noticed you claim these are "good" for orchestral? I tried out the trans-Siberian orchestra through a peach tree Ideco amp and it still sound terrible.

Dec 1, 2010 at 11:55 AM Post #17 of 18
I have not tried them, and orchestral is not one of the genres I listen to most. However, I will take many people's good reviews of the headphones, ove one person's bad experience with them anyday. I understand though that depending on the source, place you're listening to them to, and condition of the demo unit, things can sound different.

Point is, for me, someone who wants these for home use, portable use, and doesn't want headphones that are bulky, have a long cord, or one's that stand out,  these are the best choice next to the HD25's. 

I was thinking of the M50's but it's hard to change the cord length without soldering experience and they are relatively bulky.

To each their own, I always say.

Dec 1, 2010 at 12:02 PM Post #18 of 18
I was useing a peachtree Ideco and a Udac for the source.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back