Denon D1100 vs AudioTechnica ATH-M50 vs Sennheiser HD25-1 ii vs AIAIAI TMA-1
Nov 30, 2010 at 10:23 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 18

ilovetaylors

100+ Head-Fier
I finally went to this place in Korea that had a huge selection of headsets...

I wanted one that I can use everyday. (at home, or on my train rides home)

I took my time, and spent a few hours there......

Comfortable....

The winner was Denon ah- D1100......

Audio technica was the heaviest by far on my head.....(it was pretty noticeable) 

Sennheiser HD 25-1 ii after a while you start to notice the pressure on your ears. 

AIAIAI TMA-1 was okay.....but still not as comfy as the denons...

Order of comfy would be, D1100, TMA-1 HD 25-1ii and then technicas for the weight.....

(I stop listening to technica's cuz the weight was a deal breaker) 

BASS SOUND....
After listening to denon's ah D1100......I realized how stark the bass was missing from the rest of the headsets.....

if you want a cleaner sounding dr.dre beats...(GET THE DENONS D1100 and save yourself 100 bucks) 

The other ones were okay, but denon's bass wins......

Order of bass would be, Denon, HD25-1 ii, Tma-1 and then technicas........

Accuracy......
HD25-1ii had the cleanest trebles......
I play guitar so I sometimes need clean trebles to hear my notes.....
I can clearly hear each and every note.....

I think because it was a closed can over the ear....
Denon's kinda sound airy.....(not a bad thing at all) 
sounds like natural reverb....

TMA-1 sounded dark to me.....but it would be great with dj music....

Sound isolation
Denon 1100 wins here.....then hd 25-1 ii and then tma-1....

BY THE WAY, NONE OF THESE HEADPHONES I USED HAD AMPS...JUST STRAIGHT PLUG INTO THE IPOD.......

I HEAR THE TMA-1 AND HD-25 SOUNDS ALOT BETTER WITH AMPS.......

BTW 

THE HD25s are 250 bucks in my country!! RIP OFF!!! 
DENONS 1100 are 150 HERE (probably being so close to JAPAN)
THE TMA'S ARE ABOUT 200 bucks+....

ALL THESE ARE GREAT!!! BUT FOR THE LOOKS AND COMFORT
(I AM LEANING TOWARDS TMA-S1)
IT DIDN'T DO ANYTHING BAD AT ALL.....(plus it sounds better with amps)

DENON'S HAS FAT BASS, AND FEELS COMFY, BUT I WANT MORE ACCURACY WHEN I PLAY GUITAR...

IF I WAS A DJ I WOULD GET THE HD-25s....FOR MORE ISOLATION...BUT MY EARS START FEELING THE PRESSURE LATER...

ANYWAYS CHEERS YA'LL....

P.S IF I DO BUY A TMA-1 IT WILL BE FROM Dijital Fix.....DAVE THE OWNER SOUNDS PRETTY CHILL~!! AND I LOVE SUPPORTING STORES BACK HOME~!! I WENT TO SCHOOL IN BROOKLYN...ACROSS FROM JUNIORS CHEESECAKE...*HINT*****

Nov 30, 2010 at 10:43 AM Post #2 of 18
This review confuses me.  It seems you like the Denons the most and the TMA1 the least but you're the most inclined to buy them?  

You should be able to bend the headband on the HD25-1 II to loosen it up a bit so there is that option as well.  But I wouldn't call it a rip off, but I do find that Sennheisers are generally overpriced.

Another option is buying a cheap pair of Grado, SR60 will be enough, for playing guitar and get the Denons you want.  And you can support Grado as they are in Brooklyn.

Nov 30, 2010 at 10:48 AM Post #4 of 18
I like all of them....

There all great headphones....

Denon's have great bass, but I felt it lacked in accuracy....
and because the cables are detachable like either hd-25 or tma-1....
in the long run, there might be a problem....

HD25s are really nice~!! but comfort is a big thing....
2 hour train rides back and forth everyday...

ATm-1 seems to do everything well........but it has a dark sound, (which I hope can improve later with an amp) 

Nov 30, 2010 at 11:03 AM Post #6 of 18
The AIAIAI are Garbage, listen to there on ear headphone...the track stars? something along the lines of that, they sound way way way way way way way  better, I don't even know where AIAIAI had to look to buy a drive that sounds as bad as those. 

Nov 30, 2010 at 11:03 AM Post #7 of 18
I like all of them....

There all great headphones....

Denon's have great bass, but I felt it lacked in accuracy....
and because the cables aren't detachable like either hd-25 or tma-1....
in the long run, there might be a problem....

HD25s are really nice~!! but comfort is a big thing....
2 hour train rides back and forth everyday...

ATm-1 seems to do everything well........but it has a dark sound, (which I hope can improve later with an amp) 

Nov 30, 2010 at 11:15 AM Post #9 of 18

Quote:
The AIAIAI are Garbage, listen to there on ear headphone...the track stars? something along the lines of that, they sound way way way way way way way  better, I don't even know where AIAIAI had to look to buy a drive that sounds as bad as those. 

I don't know what to call this, but I doubt anyone here or on Head-fi takes you seriously. There are around 25 people praising it in the AIAIAI TMA-1 thread. 

And if you have a better idea for:

1. An all around headphone to be used at home and on the go
  2. Good with portable devices
  3. Sounds good with Rock, J-Rock, J-Pop, Techno, Electro Rock, Alternative, and Orchestral.
  4. At least Okay Isolation.

.... Headphones, then please, let me know. Otherwise, don't hate on something you obviously barely know about.

Nov 30, 2010 at 11:46 AM Post #12 of 18
I can say that the m50's were really accurate. but lacking on the bass department. Great studio headsets. Not sure I want something so vanilla. 

but it's heavier. You will feel it for sure...

Nov 30, 2010 at 12:47 PM Post #13 of 18
I've heard the M50's and the D1100's and I feel like the mid/upper bass is stronger on the D1100's but the M50 goes a bit deeper. I'd say the difference is very noticeable but not huge. Is the difference in bass between the D110's and the TMA-1's that big?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back