Denon AH-MM400
May 4, 2015 at 10:14 PM Post #467 of 1,435
Out of the box they sound pretty good. You never know what to expect from a hp, but honestly this is one of the most positive experience threads I have seen in a while.

May 5, 2015 at 1:32 AM Post #468 of 1,435
Since you also have the sennheiser momentum 2.0,how would you compare the two? Not necessarily which one is better,I'm more interested in the differences of the sound signatures. Our perhaps the denons need some time to burn in?

Thanks!

May 5, 2015 at 7:15 AM Post #470 of 1,435
Since you also have the sennheiser momentum 2.0,how would you compare the two? Not necessarily which one is better,I'm more interested in the differences of the sound signatures. Our perhaps the denons need some time to burn in?

Thanks!

I think to be fair I will give the Denon some time. My initial impression was positive. I actually was thinking how similar the 2 were, on first listen.

May 5, 2015 at 7:22 AM Post #471 of 1,435

I think to be fair I will give the Denon some time. My initial impression was positive. I actually was thinking how similar the 2 were, on first listen.

So they currently seem pretty similar in terms of the overall amount/balance of the lows, highs and mids?

If so you're making me want to try out the M2's. I need to satisfy my curiosity... 
redface.gif

May 5, 2015 at 7:34 AM Post #472 of 1,435
  So they currently seem pretty similar in terms of the overall amount/balance of the lows, highs and mids?

If so you're making me want to try out the M2's. I need to satisfy my curiosity... 
redface.gif

Bark...I haven't done any A/B'ing because I am trying to get these some head time. Give me a couple of days. The build quality of these is really nice, but so is the M2. I still think the PM-3 was well thought out and built so well, and while these have a nice "click" in the slider nothing compares to the quality "click" in the PM-3. I will say that the M2 is the easiest to drive. And out of the box the PM-3 would be my least favorite sound signature of the 3. The senns have a certain creamy mid thing, but these Denon seem fairly balanced overall as far as level of bass, mid and treble. Just when I think these are a little veiled and more on the bass side of things they level out. So far, chalk up another positive experience for the Denon.

May 5, 2015 at 7:42 AM Post #473 of 1,435
My bad, I was just going off what you said from your first impressions. I'll wait till you give them some time so you can give a proper comparison I guess. I'll still try to check out the M2's when I can though, still too curious not to (although I have to admit I didn't really like the first ones much at all)...

Anyways, as you can probably tell, looking forward to hearing your thoughts on them whenever that may be!

May 5, 2015 at 7:49 AM Post #474 of 1,435
  My bad, I was just going off what you said from your first impressions. I'll wait till you give them some time so you can give a proper comparison I guess. I'll still try to check out the M2's when I can though, still too curious not to (although I have to admit I didn't really like the first ones much at all)...

Anyways, as you can probably tell, looking forward to hearing your thoughts on them whenever that may be!

You and me both. I could NEVER understand the love for the original Momentum. I actually bought them 2x and returned them both times because I thought they were horrible...boomy, non-controlled bass and rolled off non existent treble. Not a problem I will post some more comments as time goes on.

If you find my posts in a couple of threads I do make a clear distinction that the sound signature on the wired M2 is not the same as the BT wireless version even in wired passive mode.

May 5, 2015 at 8:40 AM Post #475 of 1,435
You and me both. I could NEVER understand the love for the original Momentum. I actually bought them 2x and returned them both times because I thought they were horrible...boomy, non-controlled bass and rolled off non existent treble. Not a problem I will post some more comments as time goes on.

If you find my posts in a couple of threads I do make a clear distinction that the sound signature on the wired M2 is not the same as the BT wireless version even in wired passive mode.
Having previously owned the original Momentum Around Ear, I agree with your take on their sound signature. I will say this though. They had some of the best midrange I have heard in a headphone. Guess which can equals (if not topples) them in that department though, not to mention in treble and bass? :) There is a massive sound improvement in the first hundred hours with the AH-MM400. You should see the bass settle right down and the rest come to life.

May 6, 2015 at 9:13 AM Post #476 of 1,435
Auditioned momentum 1st revision (over ear), seriously can't understand all the hype, for me it's complete garbage in every aspect and regarding the price - LOL, I guess I was too long in love with hifiman 1 digit family (he-4, 5le, 6). And comparing m400 even out of the box with momentum is funny.

May 6, 2015 at 9:23 AM Post #477 of 1,435
  Auditioned momentum 1st revision (over ear), seriously can't understand all the hype, for me it's complete garbage in every aspect and regarding the price - LOL, I guess I was too long in love with hifiman 1 digit family (he-4, 5le, 6). And comparing m400 even out of the box with momentum is funny.

Agreed...Momentum 2 wired totally different story

May 9, 2015 at 7:27 PM Post #479 of 1,435
Any more impressions. I am currently debating between the m2 and mm400. I am leaning towards the m2 because I like its looks, the fact that I can expect a full midrange, and it looks better. But!!! M2 looks better lol. Which one has a more solid bass and which one has more bass qty? Thanks! Also which has a larger soundstage?

Subguy- can the philips x2 bass hold up to these guys even though its open.

I know I asked a lot of questions but I am super curious.

May 9, 2015 at 8:16 PM Post #480 of 1,435
Any more impressions. I am currently debating between the m2 and mm400. I am leaning towards the m2 because I like its looks, the fact that I can expect a full midrange, and it looks better. But!!! M2 looks better lol. Which one has a more solid bass and which one has more bass qty? Thanks! Also which has a larger soundstage?

Subguy- can the philips x2 bass hold up to these guys even though its open.

I know I asked a lot of questions but I am super curious.

I am hesitant to answer because i have more hours on the M2. The X2 is kinda a different realm. It is my favorite of the 3, but all portability goes out the window. When I do an actual comparison of the mm400 and the M2 it should be interesting. I think the bass,at this point, is about a draw. The mm400 maybe more controlled a touch. Soundstage is real close also, kinda giving the edge to M2. Looks are subjective. The mm400 looks more refined, the M2 looks "cooler". I have been wearing the mm400 for everything but it feels strange to work out in it. With more hours on the mm400 I will do a head to head.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back