Denon AH-D9200 - 2018 Flagship - Impressions Thread
May 4, 2023 at 4:51 PM Post #3,917 of 4,391
The Denon cable is TS and this is TRS--I don't think it will work. I've tried the Denon cable in a Beyer T1 before I realized and it didn't work. I could be mistaken.
I read somewhere on this site, the stereo plugs would fit in mono drivers. Not the other way around. I could definitely be mistaken.

May 4, 2023 at 4:57 PM Post #3,918 of 4,391
I try to link it this way and I updated my post as well. Maybe sign-in might be also needed... does it work now?
I think this could be the culprit, I'm going to create an account ASAP.
EDIT: "Computer says no", Safari (iPad system) says, this website is not valid. Tried to create an account, as a result I think aliExpress likes me as much as I do like them. I think I'll go with the 007 pads and order them somewhere at a European/US dealer, even if I'm not sinophobic at all. Sorry for your/this work.

Last edited:
May 5, 2023 at 12:57 AM Post #3,919 of 4,391
Thanks for the welcome. I don't have any regrets so far choosing this headphones, even if I would have preferred open ones, but there is -to the best of my knowledg- nothing to seriously compare in this price range, open or closed.
Before investing an added 320€ for the Forza NOIR MKii pure copper or letting build a DIY, I'll just try this one first: https://www.beyerdynamic.de/audioph...l.html?refSrc=3980&nosto=pdp_zuletztangesehen , it's for T1 (2./3.Gen), T5(3.Gen) amongst others.
Maybe someone else has some experience to share, if they fit at all etc. Just because they seem to be not far away km-wise. If I order, I'll let you know my findings. Funny thing: my local repair-multimedia-guy just said after my two sentences about why I want him to make this cable "Das nützt doch alles nix." Which I would translate to "isn't this all pretty useless, is it!?!!"
@zolkis: aliExpress-links returned me somewhat like "no item found".
Thanks to you all!
So far…
The Beyerdynamic cables work just fine with the D9200. I sometimes use the Beyerdynamic Imacto with my Denon.
And yes, your repair guy is correct: if a cable changes the sound, its defective. But there are aspects of comfort and design that might point to another cable option. I'd rather not spend many hundred EUR on cables looking to optimize sound, but a nice cable that better fits my needs is fine. The Beyerdynamic cables are of very high quality and priced correctly.

May 5, 2023 at 4:18 AM Post #3,920 of 4,391
The Beyerdynamic cables work just fine with the D9200. I sometimes use the Beyerdynamic Imacto with my Denon.
And yes, your repair guy is correct: if a cable changes the sound, its defective. But there are aspects of comfort and design that might point to another cable option. I'd rather not spend many hundred EUR on cables looking to optimize sound, but a nice cable that better fits my needs is fine. The Beyerdynamic cables are of very high quality and priced correctly.
I do like the Beyerdynamic cables. Unfortunately they don't do a 4.4mm version so I re-terminated one of mine with a 4.4mm jack. They use very thin litz wire, so beware of that it you do this yourself.

May 5, 2023 at 4:41 AM Post #3,921 of 4,391
I do like the Beyerdynamic cables. Unfortunately they don't do a 4.4mm version so I re-terminated one of mine with a 4.4mm jack. They use very thin litz wire, so beware of that it you do this yourself.
Might be easier to use the XL4 version with an adapter… aside from thin wires working with sheeted cables can be a nightmare

May 5, 2023 at 2:25 PM Post #3,922 of 4,391
OK. So it seems even HP-supremuses have different opinions on SQ with cables, don't they?
Neither can I advance any argument, nor do I have an explanation why sellers do advertise oxygen-free cables nor do I have enough experience. I think there's enough of reasoning in other dedicated thread(s).
But if I understand @SRKRAM correctly, 9200s can be driven with balanced cables (e.g. sold by beyerdynmic). Has anyone experienced better SQ with balanced circuit/cables (I mean fully balanced from first device to last one(HP))? The lake people G108 with balanced and 6.3 jack might be a possible option if someone obliges me to buy a new one.
Happy listening this weekend!

May 5, 2023 at 3:10 PM Post #3,923 of 4,391
But if I understand @SRKRAM correctly, 9200s can be driven with balanced cables (e.g. sold by beyerdynmic). Has anyone experienced better SQ with balanced circuit/cables (I mean fully balanced from first device to last one(HP))? The lake people G108 with balanced and 6.3 jack might be a possible option if someone obliges me to buy a new one.
The reason I went balanced is that my devices either only have 4.4mm balanced out (ibasso DX300 & Amp12) or are known to have a better balanced-out than single-ended (Sony WM1AM2). I also prefer the bigger 4.4mm connecter over the 3.5mm otherwise typically found on portable devices. Balanced topology isn't needed for better sound quality, it's just about the particular device, and lake people are supposed to be pretty good.

May 5, 2023 at 3:14 PM Post #3,924 of 4,391
Might be easier to use the XL4 version with an adapter… aside from thin wires working with sheeted cables can be a nightmare
I had one of those for a while when I had a desk-top rig. I have also used XLR with a 4.4mm adaptor. Because I use DAPs that's a bit cumbersome though, and runs the risk of smashing the screen with the heavy XLR connectors knocking around. Strange that Beyerdynamic don't do a 4.4mm version yet.

May 5, 2023 at 3:45 PM Post #3,925 of 4,391
Speaking of Forza cable, i've had the chance to grab a Noir MK2 in the classifieds a couple of weeks ago.
It's a great cable for the price, very well built, looks cool, sounds good and not microphonic.
I admit i bought it mostly for the look because stock thin cables looks cheap for 1500€ headphones.

20230430-103444.jpg

May 5, 2023 at 4:27 PM Post #3,926 of 4,391
OK. So it seems even HP-supremuses have different opinions on SQ with cables, don't they?
Neither can I advance any argument, nor do I have an explanation why sellers do advertise oxygen-free cables nor do I have enough experience. I think there's enough of reasoning in other dedicated thread(s).
Cable discussions is a can of worms obviously :wink:

Yes, you can use the balanced Beyer cables with the D9200. If you gain anything depends very much on the implementation of the specific device as @SRKRAM said above.

May 5, 2023 at 4:29 PM Post #3,927 of 4,391
I had one of those for a while when I had a desk-top rig. I have also used XLR with a 4.4mm adaptor. Because I use DAPs that's a bit cumbersome though, and runs the risk of smashing the screen with the heavy XLR connectors knocking around. Strange that Beyerdynamic don't do a 4.4mm version yet.
Valid point, for mobile use XL4 is a bit heavy and the adapters are not making that any easier.

I don't know if Beyer plans on offering 4.4mm cables... might well happen, they used to offer 2.5mm versions (though maybe due to their partnership with A&K).

May 9, 2023 at 10:29 AM Post #3,928 of 4,391
Maybe a strange question, but does anyone else find ah-d9200 boring? Somehow, they sound in a way that my mind gets easilly distracted. I admit, I might simply have concentration issues, though.

May 9, 2023 at 10:32 AM Post #3,929 of 4,391
Maybe a strange question, but does anyone else find ah-d9200 boring? Somehow, they sound in a way that my mind gets easilly distracted. I admit, I might simply have concentration issues, though.
Hm, not to me... to the contrary actually, I experience them as lively and engaging. May depend on source though... I did not feel the same when driving them with the Apple Lightning dongle for example (while that simple dongle works very well vor many other headphones).

May 9, 2023 at 10:53 AM Post #3,930 of 4,391
Also the opposite, I find the D9200 to be quite engaging. If you want a headphone that demands your attention, maybe something like the HE6SE or TH900mk2.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back