1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Denon AH-D9200 - 2018 Flagship - Impressions Thread

Discussion in 'Headphones (full-size)' started by XERO1, Jun 13, 2018.
2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
Next

Last
  1. XERO1
    AH-D900-Gallery-1_eu.png

https://www.denon.co.uk/uk/product/portableaudio/onearheadphone/ahd9200
    https://www.denon.co.uk/uk/news/news/493

Features:

• Patented 50mm FreeEdge Nanofiber driver with over 1 Tesla neodymium magnet delivers high-resolution audio with incredible precision and minimal distortion
    • Distinguished Japanese Moso bamboo wood earcup with distinct wood grain pattern offers inherent acoustic properties that provide enhanced sound dampening for more accurate sound reproduction
    • Soft, engineered Japanese leather over ergonomic memory foam earpads provides maximum comfort for extended listening and durability
    • Aluminum diecast hanger with genuine leather headband for durable, quality craftsmanship for years of enjoyment
    • 3.0m silver coated OFC (oxygen-free copper) cable with 6.3mm plug features highest quality cable connection for Hi-Fi listening experiences
    • 1.3m audio cable with 3.5mm plug lets you enjoy your headphones with portable music players over a pure audio signal
    • Luxury hard storage case and cleaning cloth keeps your AH-D9200 safe and in pristine condition
    • Individually hand-assembled in Japan
    Specs:

- Sensitivity = 105dB/mW
    - Impedance = 24 Ohms
    - Weight = 375g

Denon's new flagship is coming in October 2018 and will retail for approx. $1500.

Last edited: Sep 29, 2018
  2. GU1DO
    http://majorhifi.com/denon-ah-d1200-ah-d9200/

3. GU1DO
  4. GU1DO

Wilashort and XERO1 like this.
  5. MonoOno
    Looks sort of cheap for a $1500 headphone. And I hope those hinges are more sturdy than they look.

6. XERO1
    The hinges aren’t the problem. But the head band is on the D7200. I really hope they have fixed it.

Maxx134 and ZenErik like this.
  7. SHAMuuu
    Those are like 1k more than E-MU teak, and well look about the same as E-MU Teak. Lets hope it is the new Holy Grail of Woodies. :D

8. Camper1995
    It's gonna be uncomfortable for most of us, just like the D7200. And the pads seem to be the same as well as the headband, seems like Denon took the lazy (cash grab) route and just tweaked the driver and changed the wood without actually addressing the main issue here for 80% of users: comfort. (yes I still own the D7200). Also these will never offer a wide and holographic soundstage because the pads and cups are thin / shallow and for a flagship like that, I think that's a big mistake. If these were 900$ and their cheapest D5200 around 400$, it would be more competitive and reasonable.

Shame, for 1500$ I think we're better off with a ZMF headphone. Just my opinion of course, but I've been through pretty much every bio-cellulose headphone on the market.

Last edited: Jun 18, 2018
    Wilashort, Sp12er3, TYATYA and 3 others like this.
  9. Zojokkeli
    Interested to see how these will compare to TH900s.

10. ZenErik
    I would be interested, but as others have noted they seem to have done nothing about comfort. Looks exactly the same as the D7200.

11. tienbasse
    Bamboo = cheap, and it looks obviously assembled from multiple parts.
    For 1500$, it doesn't exactly look better than D7200. SQ is one thing, but for this price you also buy flawless built quality.

12. silverbox
    $1500 is mid-fi these days. This is what you get

13. Beagle
    Then we should not buy any more of this crap. Boycott it, and wait for them to make something decent for $800. A message that WE'VE HAD ENOUGH! :angry::poop:

wje, Wilashort, Jodet and 8 others like this.
  14. Maxx134
    So far it looks like your correct.
    The main comfort issue is that headband.
    Denon is not listening.

The only interest is how it measures with the tweaked/improved driver.

Need to see the insides to make any more assumptions..

Last edited: Jun 21, 2018
  15. Slim1970
    Like others have said everything about screams D7200 with different cups. I really didn't have an issue with the headband of the D7200's. My issue was with the upper frequency roll off. They just lacked that last bit of clarity to make them keepers for me. I wonder if the D9200's addresses this.

Wilashort and jaco61 like this.
2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
Next

Last