Denon AH-D7000
Aug 25, 2009 at 5:43 PM Post #1,396 of 7,464
Quote:

Originally Posted by DoYouRight /img/forum/go_quote.gif
oh ok. They wont sell 2 to the same person probably unless you use different address and CC.

This wont be a problem, I can use my girl friend's card >< but the deal has gone....
kinda regret..

Aug 25, 2009 at 10:38 PM Post #1,398 of 7,464
Quote:

Originally Posted by Fido2 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You quit clownin Les you know that was funny...heehehee

Heh, for some reason you sayin' you were burnin' in your Avatar amused me!

Aug 26, 2009 at 12:17 AM Post #1,401 of 7,464
Since I just commented on the AHD7000 in this thread I can as well copy it here.

http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f4/my-...77/index2.html

I have the opportunity to use a Denon AHD-7000 for a couple of days.

That thing does very well. It has none of the weaknesses that I see with my 4 phones. I really like the clarity and to be honest I like how loud it is even with moderate amp power. It also has the present, shiny but soft highs I like.

It is not quite perfect, but it took me until the second day to find things that the other phones would do better. One AHD-7000 weakness is snap in the mids. This is most noticeable when listening to rock with very highly engineered drum sounds. Namely, the snare in most Toto songs comes out better in the 250 HD. David Paich and buddies obviously spent hours on the snare on Isolation's "Mr. Friendly" and it is a little lost in the Denon.

I also found that some Kamelot songs, when they get more percussive, don't really fit the Denon. When "March of Mephisto" gets heavy at the end it gets mushy. The 271 does this pretty well.

Van Halen's "Ain't talking about love" comes out too "woody" in the Denon, the Beyer shines here.

[references are to a Sennheiser HD-250 Monitor (not "II"), AKG K 240 Monitor, K271 II and Beyer D770]

Aug 26, 2009 at 4:15 AM Post #1,402 of 7,464
The mushyness in percussion is almost completely cured by a strong SS amp like a B22 and the J-Money Earpads. I was with you and didnt like mine completely but now they are alot more even.

Dec 17, 2009 at 1:35 PM Post #1,404 of 7,464
well ive been going using both the denon 7000 and the dx1000 for a minute now, and im prefering the 7000
smily_headphones1.gif
thought u guys would like to know, edition 8 soon to join the comparison, lets all hope the 7000 pulls ahead once again
smily_headphones1.gif

Dec 17, 2009 at 3:54 PM Post #1,405 of 7,464
Quote:

Originally Posted by RockinCannoisseur /img/forum/go_quote.gif
well ive been going using both the denon 7000 and the dx1000 for a minute now, and im prefering the 7000
smily_headphones1.gif
thought u guys would like to know, edition 8 soon to join the comparison, lets all hope the 7000 pulls ahead once again
smily_headphones1.gif

For the $600-ish street price, I think the Denons are the best deal in headphones today. You can get a set with any decent amp and be very, very happy.

Dec 17, 2009 at 4:09 PM Post #1,406 of 7,464
I totally agree. They are my current favourite headphone. I was using them last night listening to Backspacer by Pearl Jam and after a few months I am still very much amazed at their detail (especially in the bass) and sparking highs that do not affect the mids in anyway.

Definitely the most musical headphone I have ever heard!
atsmile.gif

Dec 20, 2009 at 11:34 AM Post #1,407 of 7,464
I've been very interested in the D7000s, since I want to add a top-class closed headphone to my equipment. In pre-hifi times I used to listen with closed cans exclusively. My current system is comprised of a balanced CD source going into a GS-X going into balanced HD800s. A great setup, but mostly for analytical listening sessions.

The D7000s seem to promise what I'm after regarding pure musical enjoyment, so I'm more than willing to give these a try. My taste in music ranges from metal/rock to acoustic and electronica. Good and deep bass is appreciated. Involvment, immediacy and fun is what I'm after with this headphone.

Since it's possible to get the D7000 with XLR plugs I wonder if I should do that. It would make sense in my balanced system. My question to experienced D7000 users: Does it make much of a difference for this can if it's balanced or not?

If I'm getting the normal (non-balanced) version: What will I be hearing out of my GS-X, if I don't reconnect the source via RCA cables? The amp definitely puts out music through the normal phone plugs, even when the source is hooked up via XLRs. But I'm aware of the fact that the GS-X doesn't convert the signal (like balanced Rudistor amps, for instance).

I'd be happy about some advice!

Dec 20, 2009 at 2:33 PM Post #1,408 of 7,464
Got my AH-D7000 three weeks ago and still breaking them in. They sound wonderful, fun set of cans. I really need to get a amp though. Only running these out of my X-Fi Elite pro. I've heard if you want to make these cans shine, the Grace m902 design is the key?

Aniways, I can't really comment on the rest as I have nothing else to compare them with. First set of real cans.
Bottom line I would recommend them but I don't know about the retail price of 999$(what I paid) is a little steep.

I hope they can still compete with the Beyer's T1 Headphones comming soon!
-Cole-

Dec 20, 2009 at 5:29 PM Post #1,409 of 7,464
Does anyone have any sibilance issues with the D7000s? Lately I've been noticing quite a bit of sibilance with my setup below; so much so that I've slightly EQ'd them (ahhhh
redface.gif
) in the 7k-14k range. It seems to have helped a bit but it's not really at the point where I can forget about it. I probably have over 225 hours on my D7000s and maybe 100 hours on my WA22.

Would the JMoney ear pads help at all with this? I'm listening to nothing but .flac and it's music like rock, classic rock... Pink Floyd, Nirvana, Simon & Garfunkel, Pearl Jam, Grateful Dead, Neil Young, etc. etc.

Dec 21, 2009 at 6:20 AM Post #1,410 of 7,464
Quote:

Originally Posted by TheAudioDude /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Does anyone have any sibilance issues with the D7000s? Lately I've been noticing quite a bit of sibilance with my setup below; so much so that I've slightly EQ'd them (ahhhh
redface.gif
) in the 7k-14k range. It seems to have helped a bit but it's not really at the point where I can forget about it. I probably have over 225 hours on my D7000s and maybe 100 hours on my WA22.

Would the JMoney ear pads help at all with this? I'm listening to nothing but .flac and it's music like rock, classic rock... Pink Floyd, Nirvana, Simon & Garfunkel, Pearl Jam, Grateful Dead, Neil Young, etc. etc.

I have a D7000 too (now one year) but I don't hear any sibilance.
I use a GSP Audio green Solo HA. Some of my music are the same as you. Mostly I listen CD & SACD's.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back