Denon AH-D7000
Jul 4, 2009 at 8:55 AM Post #1,141 of 7,464
I just wonder if I get the price by phone, how can I pay for them? Still thru the website or he will write down my credit card number and address?

Jul 4, 2009 at 3:39 PM Post #1,143 of 7,464
Quote:

Originally Posted by GMF2010 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Call by phone, pay by credit, they charge when they're ready to ship.

Yes so I have to leave my credit card details by phone?>

Jul 4, 2009 at 4:21 PM Post #1,144 of 7,464
Yes, you give them your card number over the phone. I'm fairly sure that J&R will not ship Denon's abroad. So you'd have to have them sent to a US address, then have them sent to you by a friend.

Jul 5, 2009 at 2:10 AM Post #1,145 of 7,464
Welp, I received mine 3 days ago, with a completed order date of May 2nd (Had them on lay-away for quite some time).

Granted, this is with a Headroom Mini-Amp via Elite Pro. My Compass is currently in Chinese Customs limbo, headed back to Audio-GD for a burned out gain switch (can't wait to get back and hear the difference)

Amp Settings: Medium Gain

Initial impressions coming from a 3 year DT770 Pro. After playing a few rounds of Godsmack, Paul Brown, Duran Duran, and Pink Floyd - Dark Side of the Moon (all flac mind you) I have to say the soundstage is incredibly improved vs. the 770's. High end is harsh, with an almost abrupt cutoff, and the bass is waaaay too boomy (and that's coming from a 770 user). Be that as it may, if you close your eyes, I can begin to hear an "audio picture??" and that's something I couldn't even begin to do before.

After 3 days of use (white noise generator, and night shift), All the issues are still there, but are definitely more subtle, and the sound is beginning to clear up. These cans definitely prefer a more "musical??" sound vs. a hard hitting metal currently, but things are looking up.

I'm eager to see how things evolve when I get my Compass back (You have no idea how much they are missed currently). The total cost was about $560 total, including shipping from JR.com. The wait was brutal, especially after taking a while to pay them off (almost 2 months) for them to come back in stock, but they were shipped very quickly once received into JR.

If you can get that deal from JR, the wait is definitely worth it, but please be prepared to wait, and wait, and wait some more.

Jul 5, 2009 at 3:49 AM Post #1,146 of 7,464
I ordered mine 3day ago on 01 July, at $549.99 free shipping at J&R.
I got a email last night 03 July with tracking no. they shipped out the Denon AH 7000. I wonder why so fast as I prepare to wait for at least two months as I'm still waiting for my phoenix with the new panel.... maybe someone cancel or they get more stocks.

It seem like it no longer out of stock from their website but you need to call in for lower price. Act fast....

Jul 5, 2009 at 1:02 PM Post #1,147 of 7,464
Quote:

Originally Posted by Yikes /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yes, you give them your card number over the phone. I'm fairly sure that J&R will not ship Denon's abroad. So you'd have to have them sent to a US address, then have them sent to you by a friend.

Thanks mate.
But is that safe enough which giving card details via phone? And do they accept oversea credit card?

Jul 5, 2009 at 5:32 PM Post #1,148 of 7,464
Quote:

Originally Posted by CapQ /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thanks mate.
But is that safe enough which giving card details via phone? And do they accept oversea credit card?

Safer than email. J&R has been around for years. Safer giving them your C/C # than some Secure website where no address or phone number is given. You need to call them and ask.

Don't waste your time unless you have a US address that they can ship to.

Jul 5, 2009 at 9:53 PM Post #1,149 of 7,464
It's funny - I remember when ordering over the phone was the only way to do it aside from going to the store
wink.gif

Jul 6, 2009 at 6:36 AM Post #1,151 of 7,464
Quote:

Don't waste your time unless you have a US address that they can ship to.

Cheers mate, one of my friends who lives in Canada can help me^^

Jul 6, 2009 at 7:17 AM Post #1,152 of 7,464
Quote:

Originally Posted by HyperTension /img/forum/go_quote.gif
High end is harsh, with an almost abrupt cutoff, and the bass is waaaay too boomy (and that's coming from a 770 user). Be that as it may, if you close your eyes, I can begin to hear an "audio picture??" and that's something I couldn't even begin to do before.

After 3 days of use (white noise generator, and night shift), All the issues are still there, but are definitely more subtle, and the sound is beginning to clear up. These cans definitely prefer a more "musical??" sound vs. a hard hitting metal currently, but things are looking up.

That doesn't sound real great. I hear the Denons need 150-200 hours to burn in so hopefully that will help. I'm not going to be happy with harsh highs or sloppy lows.

Jul 6, 2009 at 12:11 PM Post #1,153 of 7,464
Quote:

J&R will ship to Canada though

Jul 6, 2009 at 1:11 PM Post #1,154 of 7,464
Quote:

Originally Posted by CapQ /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Cheers mate, one of my friends who lives in Canada can help me^^

Quote:

Originally Posted by warpdriver /img/forum/go_quote.gif
J&R will ship to Canada though

Since Canada has separate distribution (Different importer than the US) I'd be surprised if J&R will ship Denon to Canada. As far as Denon USA and Denon Canada is concerned J&R shipping to Canada is Trans-shipping, and it is strictly forbidden by almost every Dealer Agreement that I've ever seen.

They might do it, but I seriously doubt it. If you want a set from J&R you'll need a US shipping address.

Jul 6, 2009 at 1:34 PM Post #1,155 of 7,464
Quote:

Originally Posted by airstream66 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
That doesn't sound real great. I hear the Denons need 150-200 hours to burn in so hopefully that will help. I'm not going to be happy with harsh highs or sloppy lows.

Don't worry airstream. If you look, the recordings Hyper was listening to, ie Godsmack, Duran Duran, Pink Floyd, those are not known to be fabulous recordings. Some of the Pink Floyd stuff can be pretty good but you gotta go way back. So most likely what he's hearing is exactly what's on the disc...compression, too much treble, distorted bass. Put on a first rate recording with a good amp and the D-7000's shine like diamonds! BUT...I must say mine did improve with burn in. They smoothed out and tightened up. I usually use my portable setup for listening to rock/metal due to the terrible recording quality. The portable system makes it much more enjoyable
biggrin.gif
. Kinda like a Monet painting...wink wink

Users who are viewing this thread

Back