Denon AH-D7000
Jul 3, 2009 at 3:18 AM Post #1,126 of 7,464
Quote:

Originally Posted by tim3320070 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well, on a whim I called them and without hesitation, they sold them to me for $549, free shipping. Credit card is on fire!

Be on the lookout though...their website now says out of stock. So you may have been placed on pre-order (though I wish I'm wrong). Mine reached me today and while I called yesterday to get my tracking number the salesman said they had already run out of stock.

If they are shipping out to you, you may be another one of the lucky ones...like me
smily_headphones1.gif

Jul 3, 2009 at 3:37 AM Post #1,128 of 7,464
Quote:

Not sure really, have to see I guess. I don't mind waiting as I have the D5000's keeping me company.

I think you got lucky. I had the e-mail notification alert set up for the D7K, just for the heck of it, and posted that they were in stock seconds after I got the e-mail. More than likely, someone cancelled their pre-order, thus they listed 1-2 units on the website. Either way, good luck, let us know what happens.

Jul 3, 2009 at 3:49 AM Post #1,129 of 7,464
Quote:

Not sure really, have to see I guess. I don't mind waiting as I have the D5000's keeping me company.

All the best...Seeing that you own the D5000 and are now getting the D7000 is enough validation for me on going straight for the D7000 than D5000/2000.

Jul 3, 2009 at 2:41 PM Post #1,131 of 7,464
I think I got the 2nd to last in stock pair of D7000s from J&R at $550. It's a lot of money for headphones but somehow the combination of high praise, high MSRP, and low availability of these cans makes me feel like a got a steal. That is quite a trick. Anyway, I got my shipping notice this morning and they will be here on Tuesday (7/7). I will be running them with a WA6 with Sophia rectifier fed by Pico DAC. I've been listening pretty exclusively to HD650s so that will be my main point of comparison. I also have Ultrasone 750s. I'm pretty happy with the HD650s but I feel like things could be better. We will see I guess, come Tuesday. More to follow.

Jul 3, 2009 at 4:05 PM Post #1,133 of 7,464
Guys, I was not watching for 2-3 months and now I came back and I see that someone's got D7000 for $550?

What the heck happened? Is it going down to mainstream?

Is it already gone and I can't get this price anymore? Was it one-time event? Where should I look?

$550 is my price. I want it.

Jul 3, 2009 at 6:06 PM Post #1,134 of 7,464
I don't know if the same deal can still be had right now. I definitely am impressed so far with J&R. I can't imagine the D7000s will go for less than $550 anytime soon. I also can't comment yet on whether or not they will be worth the $550 I paid -- but from everything I've read they are a steal at that price.

Jul 3, 2009 at 7:33 PM Post #1,135 of 7,464
Quote:

Originally Posted by airstream66 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I think I got the 2nd to last in stock pair of D7000s from J&R at $550. It's a lot of money for headphones but somehow the combination of high praise, high MSRP, and low availability of these cans makes me feel like a got a steal. That is quite a trick. Anyway, I got my shipping notice this morning and they will be here on Tuesday (7/7). I will be running them with a WA6 with Sophia rectifier fed by Pico DAC. I've been listening pretty exclusively to HD650s so that will be my main point of comparison. I also have Ultrasone 750s. I'm pretty happy with the HD650s but I feel like things could be better. We will see I guess, come Tuesday. More to follow.

You'll be extremely happy with the deal you got. They will wow you!!! They are everything the 650 has but more thrilling and a wider soundstage (IMHO)

Quote:

Originally Posted by airstream66 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I don't know if the same deal can still be had right now. I definitely am impressed so far with J&R. I can't imagine the D7000s will go for less than $550 anytime soon. I also can't comment yet on whether or not they will be worth the $550 I paid -- but from everything I've read they are a steal at that price.

Your doubts will be gone the first time you put them on and after around 150-200 hrs of burn in you'll be even more amazed.

Jul 4, 2009 at 12:45 AM Post #1,138 of 7,464
Quote:

Originally Posted by boomy3555 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Your doubts will be gone the first time you put them on and after around 150-200 hrs of burn in you'll be even more amazed.

Thanks boomy, I love them as they are now. I can only wait to see how they sound when they burn-in.
k701smile.gif

Jul 4, 2009 at 3:49 AM Post #1,139 of 7,464
This is the very first headphone that I am impressed with the very first listen. This is by far my favorite headphone ever. I am done with my quest of find the perfect headphone. You can throw anything at them and they handle it with ease. They are the most comfortable headphone I have ever worn. I forget that I am wearing them. I'm very impressed. It was well worth the wait.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back