Denon AH-D7000
Jun 30, 2009 at 11:26 PM Post #1,096 of 7,464
Mine just got here! Unboxing now. The packaging may be a waste, but I did enjoy it. It will make a nice storage box when the headphones are not being used for an extended period of time (which I can't forsee being any time soon). Ok, time to start listening!

Today was very hectic for me, but at least it's ending on a good note. I wear contact lenses and have done so for many years, however after removing them and going to sleep last night, I awoke to a face full of stinging tears and the inability to open my eyes more than a sliver. I then ran to the bathroom and immediately saw my eyes were blood red. Being in unimaginable pain, I had someone rush me to the nearest ophthalmologist. It turns our I somehow contracted an eye infection and had several ulcerations on both eyes. Needless to say, I was prescribed two different types of eye drops, and so far things have improved greatly. This really gave me a good scare, but after a week or so of putting drops in my eyes every 2 and 4 hours I should be 100%.

Sorry for straying off topic =P

The moral of this story: Be VERY careful with contact lens cleaning, care, and usage time.

Jun 30, 2009 at 11:29 PM Post #1,097 of 7,464
I had hopes from possibly buying a used D7000 for $600 from a certain head-fier (I won't mention names) and didn't think that J&R would have them in stock or raise their price so quickly. So, basically I was waiting to find out if the used pair would be sold, and, while waiting, I missed out on the J&R deal. No real problem though, I snoozed and lost. If I don't get the used pair in the near future, I may order from headroom but I am not sure that the D7000 is worth $700-$800 to me. I would really like a closed phone to beat my D2000 but I could always just get the D2000 recabled and be happy with that. I could also get the CD3000 (I would probably prefer this) but a good pair from a trusted buyer is hard to come by nowadays.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yikes /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Oooo That seems a little harsh. I could see them asking more because they have already tied up money in inventory but $374 more is harsh. Maybe you'll have to wait for them to be out of stock and then go through the waiting game.

I'd expect that you should be able to find them in the 6-7 hundred range fairly easily. I'm still amazed that J&R did them at all for under $600.

What's the saying, you snooze you loose. Sorry.

Jun 30, 2009 at 11:34 PM Post #1,098 of 7,464
The price difference has only been availlable while they were in pre-order status. I'ts the discount they offered to get alot of people to pre-order. It's only fair to let them try to get some sales at full retail while in stock. Once they sell out, you should be able to lock in the "pre-Order" discount price for the next round of back-orders.
But be aware... IIRC, it's been about 2 1/2 months since that last batch of shipments.

You may wish to buy from Headroom. Last checked.. price was 699.00 if you call them and ask for it. I did just that when I got too impatient .

Jul 1, 2009 at 1:12 AM Post #1,099 of 7,464
Not true at all...

After I saw that people here have started receiving their orders, I called J&R an hour ago. I was told the price was $899 now to which I said this is not possible and I had called last week and was told the price was $550. The rep then contacted his manager and said since i was promised 550 he will give that to me. I only had to pay shipping extra ($12) to PA. They still have a few of them in stock.

I asked the rep that if I tell my friends at Head-fi, will he be able to give them the same price? He replied yes, they can call him and say they are friends of Joseph (me) and he will speak to his manager and get the same price as me. I just got my order confirmation by mail and expect to ship tomorrow or day after. If I'm lucky i will be able to listen to it this holiday weekend.

If any of you need to buy one , call J&R customer service and dial extension 1020 for Fredrico. He will get you the same price. And don't forget to thank Fredrico!

Jump at the chance!
smily_headphones1.gif

Jul 1, 2009 at 2:30 AM Post #1,101 of 7,464
Thanks for the info!

Quote:

Originally Posted by rjoseph /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Not true at all...

After I saw that people here have started receiving their orders, I called J&R an hour ago. I was told the price was $899 now to which I said this is not possible and I had called last week and was told the price was $550. The rep then contacted his manager and said since i was promised 550 he will give that to me. I only had to pay shipping extra ($12) to PA. They still have a few of them in stock.

I asked the rep that if I tell my friends at Head-fi, will he be able to give them the same price? He replied yes, they can call him and say they are friends of Joseph (me) and he will speak to his manager and get the same price as me. I just got my order confirmation by mail and expect to ship tomorrow or day after. If I'm lucky i will be able to listen to it this holiday weekend.

If any of you need to buy one , call J&R customer service and dial extension 1020 for Fredrico. He will get you the same price. And don't forget to thank Fredrico!

Jump at the chance!
smily_headphones1.gif

Jul 1, 2009 at 7:24 PM Post #1,102 of 7,464
Quote:

Originally Posted by rjoseph /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Not true at all...

Jump at the chance!
smily_headphones1.gif

Called them up, Federico said "That Dawg don't Hunt" or something to that effect. So that deal is done unfortunately!

Jul 1, 2009 at 8:04 PM Post #1,106 of 7,464
Quote:

Originally Posted by Runkby /img/forum/go_quote.gif
and more headphones!
k701smile.gif

I hear you brother.
atsmile.gif
Just figured the extra $125 would be worth a good company, a good return policy, and helping Head-Fi.

Oh, and getting your headphones now rather than months down the road.

Jul 1, 2009 at 8:10 PM Post #1,107 of 7,464
yeah... well i got lucky b/c i ordered mine about a week ago and mine are being delivered tom... ill let you know what i think of them after i get them and start to break them in... ill be back to you with my first impressions in about 24 hours hehe

Jul 1, 2009 at 9:16 PM Post #1,108 of 7,464
Quote:

Originally Posted by woof07 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Sheesh people, call up Headroom and order from them. You get legit product from quality people who support Head-Fi.

WORD! like I said earlier just skip eatin at McDonalds for a month or so...presto! Over a hundred back in your wallet. It's an even deal and less heart clogging fat and cholesterol in your bloodstream. Plus no waiting!

Jul 1, 2009 at 10:42 PM Post #1,109 of 7,464
Sorry to hear about that...I just may have been lucky to call then.

Quote:

Originally Posted by les_garten /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Called them up, Federico said "That Dawg don't Hunt" or something to that effect. So that deal is done unfortunately!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back