Denon AH-D7000
Jul 15, 2011 at 2:02 PM Post #4,487 of 7,464
J$ ear pad users,  I'm planning to grab a pair to try with my D7000, but I want to be sure that I'll be able to go back to stock if I don't like the change.  

My understanding is that the plastic rings need to changed from the stock pads to the J$ pads... is it safe to assume that the pads don't get stretched/damaged during this process?

Thanks!

Jul 15, 2011 at 3:50 PM Post #4,488 of 7,464

Quote:
J$ ear pad users,  I'm planning to grab a pair to try with my D7000, but I want to be sure that I'll be able to go back to stock if I don't like the change.  

My understanding is that the plastic rings need to changed from the stock pads to the J$ pads... is it safe to assume that the pads don't get stretched/damaged during this process?

Thanks!

Yes, the process is very simply.  Get some popsicle sticks, it will help to put in plastic ring into the pads.

Jul 15, 2011 at 8:02 PM Post #4,489 of 7,464
I meant twisting the entire headphone, cups headbands and all.  That was the problem I was having.  Also, these are much more comfortable with a short haircut.

Jul 16, 2011 at 3:16 PM Post #4,493 of 7,464
well, the simple and obvious thing to do now (not being an ass :3!), Try plugging them directly into the source unamped or another source altogether, see if it happens again :D

Jul 16, 2011 at 3:19 PM Post #4,494 of 7,464
^^ - yep thats the obvious suggestion, its just that my only sources are my TV, Laptop and J3, all which have 1/8" jacks. Since I don't own a 1/4" to 1/8" adapter that is not possible. And the Compass is sadly the only amp that I own.
I do have a pair of HE500s, however those are packed and sealed ready to be sent off. I might just open the box up to check whether I get the same problem

Jul 16, 2011 at 3:23 PM Post #4,495 of 7,464
wow, how unlucky you are with sources ._., if its bothering you alot, then i suggest you go for the HiFiman route, it couldnt hurt.

Jul 16, 2011 at 4:29 PM Post #4,497 of 7,464
^^ - yep thats the obvious suggestion, its just that my only sources are my TV, Laptop and J3, all which have 1/8" jacks. Since I don't own a 1/4" to 1/8" adapter that is not possible. And the Compass is sadly the only amp that I own.
I do have a pair of HE500s, however those are packed and sealed ready to be sent off. I might just open the box up to check whether I get the same problem

Do you have a Radio Shack near you? Cheap adapters available if you do....

Jul 16, 2011 at 6:33 PM Post #4,498 of 7,464

Quote:
Has anyone done business with BESTSTOPDEALS on ebay?   They're in New Jersey.   At $729 shipped they appear to be best price on D7000's these days.

Headroom is $800.   

About 5-6 weeks ago, I bought a refurb AH-D7000 (it was perfect) from Dakmart (authorized Denon dealer) for just under $500.  I haven't looked in the last week, but I think they went up a hundred bucks.  I'm very happy.  90 day warranty.

Jul 17, 2011 at 6:36 AM Post #4,499 of 7,464

Quote:
DO NOT BUY FROM DAKMART.

Having corresponded with them, they are very unprofessional and are not proficient in speaking English. They do not accept Paypal, despite stating on their website that they do. You have to pay through Western Union, which is a company notorious for its use by scammers. Whilst you may get a Denon warranty, I understand that is just for broken parts and not something like an off centre cup. If you do want to return an item, they charge up to 20% extra as a stocking fee, and you have to pay the return shipping. I have heard from many people who say that Dakmart claimed not to receive the return package, and so a refund was not given. 
After questioning all of this through my correspondence they said this:

[size=12pt] [size=11pt]You have exact profile of scammer.[/size][/size]

[size=12pt] [size=11pt]We happy we will not have further communication of you.[/size][/size]

[size=12pt] [size=11pt]Only concern to be warn other retailers of his intentions[/size][/size]

[size=12pt]  [/size]

[size=12pt] Does this sound like a Denon authorised retailer? I have contacted Denon about this but they are yet to reply. My suspicion is that the company is based in China, and are selling stolen/fake items as well as some damaged customer returns. [/size]

Having seen their ebay and amazon feedback profiles, it is clear that this company must not be trusted. Whilst you hear on this forum about people who have bought from dakmart and are satisfied, it is not worth gambling $600 based on these people's experiences.

Jul 17, 2011 at 10:32 AM Post #4,500 of 7,464
deadhorse.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back