Denon AH-D7000 Appreciation Society
Oct 22, 2009 at 2:17 PM Post #346 of 565
Quote:

Originally Posted by woof37 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
As the distinguished gentleman from Momomo aptly states above, you won't. I've owned both. The Denons murder both of them. The K701s might have a tad more upper extension and detail, but the Denons are incredibly well-balanced up top. You made a smart purchase from a good company. Congrats.

Thanks, that is really good to hear and makes me feel more confident of this purchase!

The K701s do have about the best soundstage out there and the DT880s were also really good (although I just never really got into them).

Now the wait begins...I thought I'd never say this, but I can't wait for the weekend to be over already.

Oct 22, 2009 at 10:52 PM Post #347 of 565
had my d7000s for a couple of weeks now.
seller said they only had about 20 hours use. can i expect an improvement???

btw, as they are, they are without doubt my best hifi purchase to date.

Oct 23, 2009 at 12:40 AM Post #348 of 565
Quote:

Originally Posted by oldson /img/forum/go_quote.gif
had my d7000s for a couple of weeks now.
seller said they only had about 20 hours use. can i expect an improvement???

btw, as they are, they are without doubt my best hifi purchase to date.

They are my favorite as well. I will never get rid of mine. As far as the sound getting better with time I dont know. But im impressed more and more every time I put them on. So I guess maybe they do.
k701smile.gif

Oct 23, 2009 at 4:10 AM Post #349 of 565
Quote:

Originally Posted by MacedonianHero /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I will definitely post how they are next to my RS1s (currently my favourite set of cans and have been for some time) and my HD650s + SAA Equinox Cable.

New AH-D7000s are going for $699 currently at Headroom (as of yesterday anyway).

Thanks, MH. I know you love your RS1, so I am really curious if they will get second-stringed for the long term. Good price from a great dealer on your D7000.

Oct 23, 2009 at 1:40 PM Post #351 of 565
Quote:

Originally Posted by priest /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thanks, MH. I know you love your RS1, so I am really curious if they will get second-stringed for the long term. Good price from a great dealer on your D7000.

Actually UPS noted that they should be delivered today! I'm very impressed from Headroom (Montana) to Toronto Canada overnight!

I should have some thoughts by this weekend. It would be amazing if they became my favourite (Canadian/British spelling) headphone.

I can't say enough about Headroom. These guys are tops and very professional. I would recommend them to anyone. I've bought from JR.com before and it took 3 days to ship out my HD650s, Headroom was within 24 hours (even better was Earphonesolutions/Headphonesolutions (shipped out within 2 hours).

Oct 23, 2009 at 3:49 PM Post #352 of 565
Quote:

Actually UPS noted that they should be delivered today! I'm very impressed from Headroom (Montana) to Toronto Canada overnight!

I should have some thoughts by this weekend. It would be amazing if they became my favourite (Canadian/British spelling) headphone.

I can't say enough about Headroom. These guys are tops and very professional. I would recommend them to anyone. I've bought from JR.com before and it took 3 days to ship out my HD650s, Headroom was within 24 hours (even better was Earphonesolutions/Headphonesolutions (shipped out within 2 hours).

Seconded. Shipping times aren't a big sticking point for me, but the facts that I have total returnability and am dealing with fellow hobbyists are huge for me. They're just good folks, which in my part of the country (and in my mind) are more important than the absolute lowest price.

Oct 23, 2009 at 4:38 PM Post #353 of 565
I'm expecting to get my D7000s today as well from Headroom. I also live in Toronto and they were shipped with UPS. The only problem is I'm expecting to get killed on customs. Hopefully its not more that $100 but that is wishful thinking.

Oct 23, 2009 at 5:32 PM Post #354 of 565
Quote:

Originally Posted by woof37 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Seconded. Shipping times aren't a big sticking point for me, but the facts that I have total returnability and am dealing with fellow hobbyists are huge for me. They're just good folks, which in my part of the country (and in my mind) are more important than the absolute lowest price.

And...their prices are pretty close to the absolute lowest as an added bonus!

Oct 23, 2009 at 5:35 PM Post #355 of 565
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jmask5 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm expecting to get my D7000s today as well from Headroom. I also live in Toronto and they were shipped with UPS. The only problem is I'm expecting to get killed on customs. Hopefully its not more that $100 but that is wishful thinking.

Actually mine just showed up at my dad's place about 30 minutes ago (I have things typically sent to his place as he's retired and I'm busy working to pay for all the retirees...).

I'll be swinging by just before I pick up the kids from daycare this afternoon and should be listening to them this evening.

With regards to customs, don't forget we have this wonderful NAFTA agreement and there was no customs, just GST and PST ($79 Cdn for me). So your wishful thinking actually was not in vain.

Oct 23, 2009 at 6:01 PM Post #356 of 565
Really?? Wow well thats good. Can't wait to get home and hear these. I've been using 5 dollar headphones for the last 5 years. So I think this might be a good upgrade.

Oct 23, 2009 at 6:40 PM Post #357 of 565
Quote:

Really?? Wow well thats good. Can't wait to get home and hear these. I've been using 5 dollar headphones for the last 5 years. So I think this might be a good upgrade.

$5 dollar headphones? Wow...you might want to sit down when you hear these! Keep a tissue nearby when you happen to weep with joy.

Oct 23, 2009 at 6:52 PM Post #358 of 565
Quote:

$5 dollar headphones? Wow...you might want to sit down when you hear these! Keep a tissue nearby when you happen to weep with joy.

LOL yeah. Although I have owned Se420 and currently own the Westone 3. So I've experienced good headphones. I'm hoping these are even better than the Westone 3s though. The $5 headphones are my full size ones.

Oct 23, 2009 at 7:00 PM Post #359 of 565
Quote:

LOL yeah. Although I have owned Se420 and currently own the Westone 3. So I've experienced good headphones. I'm hoping these are even better than the Westone 3s though. The $5 headphones are my full size ones.

OK...sorry it sounded like that's all you've ever heard. I don't know if my 37 year old ticker could take that kind of upgrade without hearing better stuff first.

Enjoy your new cans!

Oct 23, 2009 at 7:10 PM Post #360 of 565
Thanks. I'm still expecting to have my mind blown. I mean cans are cans and IEMs are IEMs. Apples and oranges.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back