Denon AH-D7000 Appreciation Society
Oct 13, 2009 at 7:13 PM Post #331 of 565
Congrats on your new toy!

After scratching the HD800 and Stax from my wish-list, the Lawton modified 2000 I tried a while ago piqued my interest for Denons. If I can find a good deal on the D7000 I might go for it.

Oct 13, 2009 at 7:19 PM Post #332 of 565
Quote:

Originally Posted by K3cT /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I disagree with the HF2 having a peaky treble because in fact, it's one of the mellower Grados out there.

That aside, I wish I can properly audition the D7000 and HF2 side-by-side once more because I used to own the D2000, modded and recabled, and it was not bad at all. The D7000 could be interesting if it provides a large improvement from that.

It might be a mellower Grado, but it's still a Grado. Still sounds like a Grado too.
atsmile.gif

Oct 16, 2009 at 11:32 PM Post #333 of 565
Quote:

Originally Posted by snejk /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Congrats on your new toy!

After scratching the HD800 and Stax from my wish-list, the Lawton modified 2000 I tried a while ago piqued my interest for Denons. If I can find a good deal on the D7000 I might go for it.

GO FOR IT!
i am loving mine
smile.gif

Oct 17, 2009 at 4:03 AM Post #334 of 565
I finally took the plunge this morning -- they are just too damn seductive to resist.

Oct 17, 2009 at 4:41 AM Post #335 of 565
Quote:

Originally Posted by priest /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I finally took the plunge this morning -- they are just too damn seductive to resist.

They sure kill everything I've ever heard. Nice choice P.

Oct 18, 2009 at 4:48 AM Post #336 of 565
Quote:

Originally Posted by woof37 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
They sure kill everything I've ever heard. Nice choice P.

Thanks. People seem to just love this headphone, long past the hype phase. In fact, D7000 owners seem more passionate to me than HD 800 owners. Just my personal impression. Should be here on Monday if I'm lucky.

Oct 20, 2009 at 6:25 PM Post #337 of 565
Ok, I have owned these a while now and I can say that I am still in Love. I have had them on a dozen or so sources and amps and they are the best sounding and versatile headphones I have come across. They seem to work great with anything. Being 25ohms helps.

I am listening to Alison Krauss-Live and I am in such a state that I turned on the laptop logged in and wanted to make this post.
icon10.gif

Oct 20, 2009 at 7:07 PM Post #338 of 565
Quote:

Originally Posted by Listen2this1 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Ok, I have owned these a while now and I can say that I am still in Love. I have had them on a dozen or so sources and amps and they are the best sounding and versatile headphones I have come across. They seem to work great with anything. Being 25ohms helps.

I am listening to Alison Krauss-Live and I am in such a state that I turned on the laptop logged in and wanted to make this post.
icon10.gif

Nice choice of tunes, L2T1.
beerchug.gif
Her voice is heavenly.

Oct 22, 2009 at 12:45 AM Post #339 of 565
Hi guys:

I have been looking for a set of top notch closed cans for quite some time. My wife complains that all of my open back headphones are just too noisy when she is in the room and the kids cannot watch tv with dad on the computer listening to music.

So I finally made the jump to the AH-D7000s today. I am pretty stoked about these cans. Not only do they satisfy my need for a closed can, they are among the very best headphones period. Score one for my wife and one for me.

I have recently (today) sold my Beyer DT880s and K701s to help this purchase. I hope I don t miss them too much.

I should have some thoughts on them when the arrive on Monday. I did order them from Headroom and I have been pretty impressed with them so far (this purchase and a previous one from August) and the price was pretty good too.

Now the anticipation...

Oct 22, 2009 at 2:40 AM Post #341 of 565
Lucky you! I don't get mine until April '10. Enjoy them!

Oct 22, 2009 at 3:51 AM Post #342 of 565
Quote:

Originally Posted by MacedonianHero /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hi guys:

I have been looking for a set of top notch closed cans for quite some time. My wife complains that all of my open back headphones are just too noisy when she is in the room and the kids cannot watch tv with dad on the computer listening to music.

So I finally made the jump to the AH-D7000s today. I am pretty stoked about these cans. Not only do they satisfy my need for a closed can, they are among the very best headphones period. Score one for my wife and one for me.

I have recently (today) sold my Beyer DT880s and K701s to help this purchase. I hope I don t miss them too much.

As the distinguished gentleman from Momomo aptly states above, you won't. I've owned both. The Denons murder both of them. The K701s might have a tad more upper extension and detail, but the Denons are incredibly well-balanced up top. You made a smart purchase from a good company. Congrats.

Oct 22, 2009 at 4:03 AM Post #343 of 565
Quote:

Originally Posted by MacedonianHero /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I'd be interested to hear your impressions versus your RS1 when you get the AH-D7000. I wonder if you will end up preferring the latter. Most likely you'll like them each for different reasons, but still, you never know.

May I ask what HeadRoom is selling these for?

Oct 22, 2009 at 2:15 PM Post #345 of 565
Quote:

Originally Posted by priest /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'd be interested to hear your impressions versus your RS1 when you get the AH-D7000. I wonder if you will end up preferring the latter. Most likely you'll like them each for different reasons, but still, you never know.

May I ask what HeadRoom is selling these for?

I will definitely post how they are next to my RS1s (currently my favourite set of cans and have been for some time) and my HD650s + SAA Equinox Cable.

I think I will miss the K701's incredible soundstage. They sound like you're in a full sized music hall. But, I needed really good closed cans and the $$$ to buy them.

New AH-D7000s are going for $699 currently at Headroom (as of yesterday anyway).

I should have some initial thoughts early next week.

Cheers

Users who are viewing this thread

Back