Denon AH-D2000 - Need an Amp?
Sep 24, 2008 at 11:27 PM Post #31 of 38
It's because everyone here is totally obsessive, opinionated, and insane...lololol

Sep 25, 2008 at 3:47 AM Post #32 of 38
Quote:

Originally Posted by Golden Monkey /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It's because everyone here is totally obsessive, opinionated, and insane...lololol

It becomes levels more fun when you realize that lots are recommending equipment, "synergy" matches and headphone-amplifier requirements when they have never heard what they are recommending.
tongue.gif
This is the internet, not an engineering textbook, people aren't always correct and lots of them simply speculate and/or bull-****.

Sep 25, 2008 at 4:01 AM Post #33 of 38
Yup. True, FA. I may not have a LOT of expirience with a diverse set of equipment, but at least I stick to things I HAVE heard and/or owned, or compared critically.

Oct 2, 2011 at 5:33 AM Post #34 of 38
Resurrecting a 3 year old thread.

I am planning on buying a pair of d2000's (upgrading from ATH-A700's) I will be running them from my PC using a Xonar DX sound card. By doing this, I assume that I will not need an amp with a DAC? I have a budget of 200 for getting an amp, however, if the gains are minimal, then I would rather save the money. So far for amps, I have been looking at the Fiio e9, Firestone cute beyond, and the Audioengine n22. Please lend me your expertise. :D

Oct 2, 2011 at 1:23 PM Post #35 of 38
IMO the D2k benefit greatly from an amp. They go from being borderline muddy to tight under control detail monsters. I only have experience with the E9 from those three you listed.

Oct 3, 2011 at 12:17 AM Post #38 of 38
I recently purchased an AV-123 X-Head for my D2000's and boy does it make a difference. When I first received them I was slightly disappointed with how muddy the bass was. Once they burned in, it was a little better, but still not where I wanted it. Properly amping these headphones has really tightened them up across the board, and has brought them right where I wanted them. I highly recommend amping these. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back