Denon AH-D1200 portable over-ear impressions, appreciation, and discussion thread.
Aug 27, 2018 at 2:32 AM Post #18 of 51
Denon AH-D1200 opts for more budget-friendly materials which lead to a budget-friendly price. At $200, the headphones feature ear cups of hard-grade materials in a minimal design. The collapsible headphone is available in either black or white with a corresponding diecast-aluminum hangar.
GO FOR THIS

Aug 27, 2018 at 2:29 PM Post #19 of 51
Sound impression of these after 120h burnin:
Slightly warm with good details in the mids, guitars have quite a zing to them and speed. Drums also sound nice, good cymbal extension when using nfb 11.28 :D
Low end wise I would say not bass heavy. but more accurate bass.
high end vocals are centered in front of your head, with good definition. Not fatiguing to listen too i think, Can easily listen to these for hours without feeling tired. Feels like they have quite a amount of detail available. Soundstage is pretty narrow I think although you don't really get that "sound in your head thing, there is some width to the sound.
Nice build quaility, have tossed these in my bag with only the included cloth bag and they are fine. Isolation wise they are decent, blocks out office AC but not people talking, but with music you don't notice it. Sound leakage is non existent /minimal I think Have only tried them in office environment so far.
Impressions done with Audio-gd nfb 11.28 ESS ES9028 dac.
and FiiO BTR3 with iphone 7 using AAC.
I would say that these needs an amp / dap to bring out the most in them, listening with the nfb 11.28 compared to btr3. Also waiting on Hiby R3 to have better sound than fiio bluetooth amp for these.

Last edited:
Sep 20, 2018 at 3:45 PM Post #20 of 51
Can't believe I didn't hear about these... they look sublime. Going by the minimal activity in this thread I guess I'm out of luck in finding impressions versus the Denon AH-MM400?

Sep 20, 2018 at 3:56 PM Post #21 of 51
Can't believe I didn't hear about these... they look sublime. Going by the minimal activity in this thread I guess I'm out of luck in finding impressions versus the Denon AH-MM400?

Well, this product is still new with limited release and took too long to finally make production after the Denon AH-D1100 was typically seen as having an inferior sound to the Denon AH-D1001, bringing down demand of its form and its urgency for a successor. Also, the transition for Denon to move away from relying on Fostex and make it’s own headphones contributed to the delays.

With all-metal portable models coming out, like the Campfire Audio Cascade, I would like to see an all-metal Denon AH-D1200 come out as a special model with an increased price that would compete with Cascade.

Sep 20, 2018 at 5:48 PM Post #22 of 51
@pbui44 I agree with you about an all-metal construction. My pair of MM400 have had light use by portable standards but there's already signs of wear with some cracked plastic. Not great by what were originally £350 headphones...

KumbCFc.jpg

Sep 21, 2018 at 11:45 AM Post #23 of 51
@pbui44 I agree with you about an all-metal construction. My pair of MM400 have had light use by portable standards but there's already signs of wear with some cracked plastic. Not great by what were originally £350 headphones...

KumbCFc.jpg

Well, at least the cracks are not around screws or even parts that people can see. Still, an all-metal Denon AH-D1200 could sell cheaper than a CA Cascade and have it’s comfort favored over the Cascade, even at a premium price of $500. Vegan buyers who want a sturdier chassis would definitely buy it.

Sep 22, 2018 at 5:26 AM Post #24 of 51
From this Denon AH-D1200WW link:

http://www.e-earphone.jp/shopdetail/000000202405/?slide

Google Translated product features, testimonials from specific individuals, and technical information from the e-earphone Denon AH-D1200WW World Witches Edition pre-order page:

Collaboration model of DENON and world Witches appeared
equipped with a 50mm large-diameter drivers in cosmetic sleek design

Product Features
Large-diameter 50 mm driver played by the Denon sound of powerful
hi-res audio corresponding
drivers before and after the sound acoustic adjusting the pressure balance
optimizer
ear pads durable stress-free and head band
straight cable & iOS compatible remote cable included
die-cast aluminum hanger

wwAH-D1200.png

Collaboration model specification
Left and right logo input housing (501, 502 troops chapter of the design)
Kazuhiro Takamura supervision draw down special package
original semi-hard carrying case Download card sealed (non-stop recording wholesale drama recording schedule)

Privilege
Original A5 Clear File

※ non-collaboration model specifications are the same as AH-D1200 already released.
※ Because in the development design, and the actual product might be some different.
※ There manufacturer's warranty
※ After the final order, cancellation and returned goods by the convenience of our customers are not accepted.

Singer Yoko Ishida

It is a pleasant sound, such as that sang for me in a wide space.
Would you say that feeling of being listening to live music in the United States of the bar if the analogy.
Sound I felt the first time I kind of thing or ... I say.
I was listening to his singing song "Strike Witches", "Brave Witches," but
we have been floated is clearly the video.
I felt After that, I Do not'm me so song was good (laughs)

Composer Nagaoka Narumitsugi
Comfortably between the sealed covering the ears, sensation-seat comfort to trip to another world is also good.
The sound of the outline, left and right, I will come contrast is also transmitted to the very crisp dynamic, such as high and low.
Treble to growth may be such as trumpet, bass, such as double bass and timpani in feeling to suppress the heavily and bottom, air feeling like sound is reproduced in the recording scene of the strike Witches comes through to the real force .
I want immersed To themselves in again Witches World in the headphones!

Overall producer Tassaki Takashi
A profound feeling of the sound you hear from the "World Witches collaboration headphone", light and not tired fit, and troops chapter mark of downright stylish 501 troops and 502 troops at the time of mounting.
This heard "Over Sky" and "LITTLE WING" will be heard in Sazokashi Divine Comedy.
If Tobidase in the night sky of the basis of the headphone is attached, you also will be able to active become a night witch as Sanya and Haidemari! (Maybe) just "It's really great!"

Based on propaganda in charge Nishiyama Corporal
Taking into account the use of in urban areas, civilians, maintain a high stealth against both Neuroi ...
and design which was also ensured visibility of the height of the friendly is your superb.
In addition unsparingly using high-quality materials, the longer Takumi What is both the light of marvelous intensity world.
Splendor of acoustic wishing to see your words of members of the professional.
In, the corporal specific main dish is like pushing the hand Saba ... texture.
This the touch is exactly what meets perfectly the possessiveness ... Yes, I want to sit.

Current publicity responsible - brother part Heicho
Catch the attention of first, jet-black form!
Troops chapter printed on the metallic slightly would be to signal to each other glowing dull even while undeniably to the street!
In addition, the surprise pick up'm the lightness. It covered the ear To comfortably, if you look at the video while feeling forget likely comfort that you are wearing imperceptibly, no doubt be attacked by overwhelming immersive.
Such as discern the engine sound for each striker, while enjoy the luxury of sound,
by all means want you to enter the world of "World Witches" in the headphones.

Music producer Shunichi Uemura
It will be 10 years this year and produced the music of the "World Witches" series.
At the time of the composer recording and listen to the headphones, musician of feelings, attention, and the breathing of the singer
will be again noticed. Music was the plane will feel three-dimensional. Please listen to the music while by all means look at the video.
Of course even listening to the music of other work "difference" is you will see clearly ...!

spec
format
Closed dynamic
driver 50 mm driver
magnet Neodymium magnet
Impedance 24 Ω
sensitivity 100 dB / mW
The maximum input 1,300 mW
Playback frequency 5 - 40,000 Hz
mass 260 g (excluding the cable)
cable 1.3 m × 2 present (straight cable / iOS corresponding remote-control cable)
plug Amplifier side: 3.5 mm stereo mini plug (L-type)
headphone side (left housing): 2.5 mm stereo plug (4-pole)
accessories Instruction manual, straight cable, iOS corresponding with remote control cable, carrying pouch

[Notes] ※ Please be sure to read
  • And it will be up to one point per person.
  • In your order of this product, you need a membership registration.
  • Gift is not wrapping products.

[About the payment method]
Payment method, credit card, will be the only Amazon Pay.

※ attention of credit card available at the time

• If you are selecting a credit card payment methods, debit card, your use of the prepaid card, please refrain.
  • In addition, even if your order has been determined, depending on the situation, such as a credit card there is a possibility that I am allowed to cancel your order.

Last edited:
Oct 22, 2018 at 1:07 PM Post #25 of 51
Got new from Japan for a little under $200.00 two weeks ago. Remind me of my Sony MDR-1A, with less boomy bass. Smooth across the spectrum. Comfortable with any head size and it fit over my big ears. Due to similarity, since I'd invested so much in my Sony, I'll be selling these. https://www.head-fi.org/threads/denon-ah-d1200.891327

Last edited:
Nov 24, 2018 at 8:39 AM Post #28 of 51
According to this graph it is clear the sound signature has changed quite a bit compared to previous models.
xDenon_AH-D1200_frequency_response.jpg.pagespeed.ic.Jcl4UOpkrg.jpg

You can find the whole article here..
https://www.on-mag.fr/index.php/top...toujours-du-gros-son-mais-avec-un-prix-maigre

They still sell good old CAL!
https://www.innerfidelity.com/content/creative-aurvana-live-classic-reincarnate-page-2
Great price on US Amazon...40 USD!
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00WU4QY4...4qid=1543066378&sr=8-2&keywords=aurvana+live!
I know I know, the build is not that great and the cable is not detachable but...

May 16, 2019 at 5:01 AM Post #29 of 51
Any more impressions on those? I really like the build quality and comfort as I've checked them at a denon store. I am looking for headphones that can play from playstation 4 controller but also mainly for pc use with e10k. Music, edm, soundtracks, movies. Looking for fun headphone which also sounds good.

For their price, there is m50x, 7506, takstar pro82 (or it's cooler master revision), hyperx cloud(pro80) and many more models, so the competition is stiff

May 16, 2019 at 1:20 PM Post #30 of 51
Any more impressions on those? I really like the build quality and comfort as I've checked them at a denon store. I am looking for headphones that can play from playstation 4 controller but also mainly for pc use with e10k. Music, edm, soundtracks, movies. Looking for fun headphone which also sounds good.

For their price, there is m50x, 7506, takstar pro82 (or it's cooler master revision), hyperx cloud(pro80) and many more models, so the competition is stiff

I've checked m50x, 7506, pro80 and i wasn't impressed tbh...the feeling was meh, but it's just me perhaps..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back