Denon AH-D1100 vs AiAiAi TMA-1?
Sep 8, 2011 at 1:05 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

grennerg

New Head-Fier
I'm looking to purchase my first set of quality headphones and I've come down to the Denon AH-D1100 and AiAiAi TMA-1. I mainly listen to rap/hip-hop/electronic, which is why these two headphones appealed to me with their superb bass. Comfort is also a huge factor and both of these are suppose to be very comfortable.

I really can't decide which one to get (leaning towards the TMA-1 just because of the looks), so which one would you guys recommend? Any other recommendations on anything under $200 will be welcomed as well. Thanks in advance

Sep 8, 2011 at 1:13 AM Post #3 of 10
Comfort: Denon

But they aren't bassheavy, just balanced btw.

Sep 8, 2011 at 1:18 AM Post #4 of 10
You should look at the new V-moda V-80/ M-80s as well. Cost around the same but will give you a lot of bang per dollar in headphone tech and sounds. They are not shy in the bass department either. Take a look at the amazon reviews if you are curious about them.  I can safely say they are marvels.

Sep 8, 2011 at 1:24 AM Post #7 of 10
TMA-1 is on-ear. Some people have no problem, and they aren't as uncomfortable as the HD25. But some see that they are uncomfortable especially after long term use.

Denon are almost modeled after comfort first. Not as comfortable as Bose, but close IMO

Yes, the TMA-1 is considered a bassheavy can. Most Bassheads like them as a portable.

Sep 8, 2011 at 2:01 AM Post #9 of 10

Quote:
Most reports I've seen say the 1100's are very bassheavy.

My ears tell me they're not.

For some reason people think Beyer, Denon and other balanced headphones are Bassheavy. They are balanced, meaning the bass and highs are brought up or over the mids to show better.

The TMA-1's are neutral with a bounce of bass to them. Not balanced. problem is that they highs get muffled.

Sep 8, 2011 at 2:24 AM Post #10 of 10
From what I remember, the D1100's have some pretty bad sub-bass roll off, but the mid-bass was plentiful.  I am a bit of a basshead, and I did not find the TMA-1 to be a bass head can.  Everything seemed rather neutral to me except for the, IMO, excessively attenuated highs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back