1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Denon AH-D1100 vs AiAiAi TMA-1?

Discussion in 'Headphones (full-size)' started by grennerg, Sep 8, 2011.
  1. grennerg
    I'm looking to purchase my first set of quality headphones and I've come down to the Denon AH-D1100 and AiAiAi TMA-1. I mainly listen to rap/hip-hop/electronic, which is why these two headphones appealed to me with their superb bass. Comfort is also a huge factor and both of these are suppose to be very comfortable.

I really can't decide which one to get (leaning towards the TMA-1 just because of the looks), so which one would you guys recommend? Any other recommendations on anything under $200 will be welcomed as well. Thanks in advance

2. Klaista2k
    I think you'd be very happy with the Denon's.

I've seen lot's of good reviews on them...

3. BotByte
    Comfort: Denon

But they aren't bassheavy, just balanced btw.

4. Dsnuts Contributor
    You should look at the new V-moda V-80/ M-80s as well. Cost around the same but will give you a lot of bang per dollar in headphone tech and sounds. They are not shy in the bass department either. Take a look at the amazon reviews if you are curious about them.  I can safely say they are marvels.

5. grennerg

Quote:

Is the TMA-1 more bassheavy? And does the Denon have a significant advantage in comfort?

6. Klaista2k

That's weird you say that... the 1100's are supposed to have lot's of bass.

Have you tried them personally?
    Quote:

7. BotByte
    TMA-1 is on-ear. Some people have no problem, and they aren't as uncomfortable as the HD25. But some see that they are uncomfortable especially after long term use.

Denon are almost modeled after comfort first. Not as comfortable as Bose, but close IMO

Yes, the TMA-1 is considered a bassheavy can. Most Bassheads like them as a portable.

8. Klaista2k
    Most reports I've seen say the 1100's are very bassheavy.

9. BotByte

Quote:

My ears tell me they're not.

For some reason people think Beyer, Denon and other balanced headphones are Bassheavy. They are balanced, meaning the bass and highs are brought up or over the mids to show better.

The TMA-1's are neutral with a bounce of bass to them. Not balanced. problem is that they highs get muffled.

10. neato
    From what I remember, the D1100's have some pretty bad sub-bass roll off, but the mid-bass was plentiful.  I am a bit of a basshead, and I did not find the TMA-1 to be a bass head can.  Everything seemed rather neutral to me except for the, IMO, excessively attenuated highs.