Denon AH-7200
Feb 4, 2024 at 1:33 AM Post #3,061 of 3,156
Indeed their highs are very nice.... crisp, airy and nowhere near to be harsh.
Thanks for confirming this. Now, we can be sure they did upgrade their drivers some time in 2021. I would say now they are slightly dark and aiming for more neutral sound Still a lot of fun to listen to. I really like them although I do use EQ with them.

I would only try balanced cable if you hear some noises or humming when the sound is off. Otherwise I do recommend these 2 cables below both are great upgrades over the stock one:

https://www.amazon.de/GranVia-Headphones-Replacement-HarmonicDyne-Goldplanar/dp/B09GRXVBL7

https://www.amazon.de/Replacement-Compatible-AH-D7200-AH-D7100-Headphones/dp/B09TTCY2DQ
Upgrade cableOtherwise, I now use a cheap cable, but I don't hear any noise with it.
71BWBgilkSL._AC_SX679_.jpg

This cable is not suitable for d7200 Denon, has different plugs! Or ? The first one is for Denon 7200, the one next to it is a little different. Headphone jack with 3 channels.
https://www.amazon.de/GranVia-Headphones-Replacement-HarmonicDyne-Goldplanar/dp/B09GRXVBL7
61NZeB1DCmL._SX522_.jpg
71zFiUoZH3L._AC_SX679_.jpg

Last edited:
Feb 4, 2024 at 2:07 AM Post #3,062 of 3,156
This cable is not suitable for d7200 Denon, has different plugs! Or ? The first one is for Denon 7200, the one next to it is a little different. Headphone jack with 3 channels.
61NZeB1DCmL._SX522_.jpg71zFiUoZH3L._AC_SX679_.jpg

Looks like you found the same cables that came up for me, too.

Forget the first one, it's bad, not anywhere near the original. I sent it back.

Also, forget the cables from Ali, and you won't even send them back.

I got disillusioned enough to skip the second, but you can try it , as it looks better, and share your comparisons with the original. 😊

Feb 4, 2024 at 2:39 AM Post #3,063 of 3,156
Thank you for taking your time to writing all this info.
If the cheap aliexpress drivers works better than original drivers then why we buy 700$ headphone? When we can make our own in 200$ bracket from aliexpress? Which sounds better than 750$
Both the housing and the baffle plate design of the 7200 is superior to anything similar on AliExpress. I already tried and the design of the 5200,7200,9200 are very well designed to bring out the driver sonically, so yes cheaper driver will sound much better inside the Denon housing.

Even the older design and fostex housing are just sonically superior because of their baffle plate and overall design.
Plus the only AliExpress drivers that worth anything are the 9200 style drivers, which can come close to 7200 level resolve, but none reach the Japanese quality 9200 drivers are simply the best dynamic biolcelulous type I ever heard & tested..
There are newer dual concentric magnet design dynamics which do eclipse the 7200 driver, but still not reach 9200 driver level. I bought them to test but have not done so.
Anyways, the point is that there tons of drivers and I did test a broad range of them last year. Most are just subpar compared to the 7200, 9200 drivers.
If you wanna spend money, I would implant 9200 drivers in the Denon.

Ahh okay, i texted my denon dealer yesterday and he contacted denon and we are still waiting for the response from denon.
I dont know how long i will have to wait to listen to them again.
There are also beryllium drivers on aliexpress for 200$ and seller claiming that these are head to head to focal utopia and outperforms denon d9200😳
One thing i didnt understood on aliexpress every description of driver is like freeedge tech and they are saying these are just like denon drivers with 100% same method. Why they dont replicate other brands like sony, focal, zmf, fostex driver's.
I owned both the 9200 and the Utopia. There can be nothing on AliExpress that can reach Utopita, and so far nothing reaching 9200 level unless it's a custom ordered but still not surpassing. Not even ZMF driver's surpass the 9200 in resolve, only soundstage depth because of design.

https://encompass.com/item/12428184/Denon/917328100140S/

The oem drivers are very cheap. Don't waste your money on the aliexpress knockoff drivers. Its possible that they are the same oem but highly likely they're not. The sellers on aliexpress wouldn't tell you the truth if their lives depended on it.

Its best to replace both drivers because they're usually matched. Drivers have variances in them and it probably would cause a channel imbalance if you mixed and matched them. I know this from experience.
I had a link in past but this one is better.👍
Your 100% correct that most of the China AliExpress drivers as subpar, with best ones just reaching the Japanese driver 7200 level.

@Maxx134 has direct experience with these drivers and he previously shared measurements with me (which I won't publish here as they are not mine).
From what I see, there might be a positive effect in bass and midrange, but also a little more treble. All positive if you ask me
Hey buddy your mention brought me here 🙂, hope you doing ok.
I myself still have one 7200 housing I never finished putting drivers in. I actually preferred the slightly "richer" wood tonality of this unit over the more "lively" housing on the 9200, which I later sold for other reasons, but t did prefer the 9200 over the slightly more accurate utopia, which I found overall was a bit darker .
Cheers

Last edited:
Feb 4, 2024 at 5:36 AM Post #3,064 of 3,156
Looks like you found the same cables that came up for me, too.

Forget the first one, it's bad, not anywhere near the original. I sent it back.

Also, forget the cables from Ali, and you won't even send them back.

I got disillusioned enough to skip the second, but you can try it , as it looks better, and share your comparisons with the original. 😊
Then I should use the original cable instead of these cheap cables ?
Unfortunately, the AH D7200 only has a 6.3mm connector cable. Should I then buy an adapter for the original cable to use with the Fiio 11s with 3.5mm input? 6.3 to 3.5 mm, which adapter is good and the adapter also has to be high quality?
Or which balanced 4.4mm cable is better than the original?
715NcIQ4mkL._SX522_.jpg

Or
Adapter
51ub9MwyBIL._AC_SY450_.jpg

Last edited:
Feb 4, 2024 at 6:12 AM Post #3,065 of 3,156
Both the housing and the baffle plate design of the 7200 is superior to anything similar on AliExpress. I already tried and the design of the 5200,7200,9200 are very well designed to bring out the driver sonically, so yes cheaper driver will sound much better inside the Denon housing.

Even the older design and fostex housing are just sonically superior because of their baffle plate and overall design.
Plus the only AliExpress drivers that worth anything are the 9200 style drivers, which can come close to 7200 level resolve, but none reach the Japanese quality 9200 drivers are simply the best dynamic biolcelulous type I ever heard & tested..
There are newer dual concentric magnet design dynamics which do eclipse the 7200 driver, but still not reach 9200 driver level. I bought them to test but have not done so.
Anyways, the point is that there tons of drivers and I did test a broad range of them last year. Most are just subpar compared to the 7200, 9200 drivers.
If you wanna spend money, I would implant 9200 drivers in the Denon.

I owned both the 9200 and the Utopia. There can be nothing on AliExpress that can reach Utopita, and so far nothing reaching 9200 level unless it's a custom ordered but still not surpassing. Not even ZMF driver's surpass the 9200 in resolve, only soundstage depth because of design.

I had a link in past but this one is better.👍
Your 100% correct that most of the China AliExpress drivers as subpar, with best ones just reaching the Japanese driver 7200 level.

Hey buddy your mention brought me here 🙂, hope you doing ok.
I myself still have one 7200 housing I never finished putting drivers in. I actually preferred the slightly "richer" wood tonality of this unit over the more "lively" housing on the 9200, which I later sold for other reasons, but t did prefer the 9200 over the slightly more accurate utopia, which I found overall was a bit darker .
Cheers
Thanks for coming here and thanks for explaining everything in detail.
I will lean towards original drivers

Feb 5, 2024 at 11:40 AM Post #3,068 of 3,156
Dieses Kabel ist nicht für d7200 Denon geeignet, hat andere Stecker! Oder? Kopfhöreranschluss mit 3 Kanälen.
Kann mir jemand sagen, ob es zum Denon AH D7200 passt?

Yes it will fit the D7200, just select DUAL 2.5mm and the length you prefer (1.5 or 2 meters)

Then for the source plug choose whatever you prefer or fits your device, mostly 3.5mm or balanced 4.4mm or XLR.

This cable is very good and definitely an improvement over the stock cable. Tripowin brand has very good cables and quality ones too.

Feb 5, 2024 at 11:42 AM Post #3,069 of 3,156
Yes it will fit the D7200, just select DUAL 2.5mm and the length you prefer (1.5 or 2 meters)

You wanted to say Dual 3.5 mm.

This cable is very good and definitely an improvement over the stock cable. Tripowin brand has very good cables and quality ones too.

Good to know! How does it compare with the original?

Feb 5, 2024 at 12:09 PM Post #3,070 of 3,156
You wanted to say Dual 3.5 mm.

Good to know! How does it compare with the original?

I think both 2.5 and 3.5mm should be ok.

This Tripowin cable extends the bass region, overall it sounds a bit fuller to my ears.

I have both and actually using the other one I posted (with wooden jack) as that one is silver plated and improves the highs region too. I compared all of them directly and both of them are improvement over the stock cable. But Im still using EQ for all these cables. The EQ does the big improvement to my ears the cable differences are harder to spot. Stock cable is decent so I would not expect any major improvements here.

From my experience cables make big differences in iems. But for headphones its less significant (my opinion). Only improvement I get is if I use crap cable and replace it with something decent (doesnt have to be expensive).. after that any improvements are very hard to notice.

To make the sound improvements I recommend this order:

1. EQ (biggest improvement)
2. Amp - they improve nicely with more power
3. Cable

(I have not experienced with different pads but believe what has been posted here).

Feb 5, 2024 at 4:18 PM Post #3,072 of 3,156
https://encompass.com/item/12428184/Denon/917328100140S/

The oem drivers are very cheap. Don't waste your money on the aliexpress knockoff drivers. Its possible that they are the same oem but highly likely they're not. The sellers on aliexpress wouldn't tell you the truth if their lives depended on it.

Its best to replace both drivers because they're usually matched. Drivers have variances in them and it probably would cause a channel imbalance if you mixed and matched them. I know this from experience.
Yoo, is this website and https://partspal.co.uk/denon-marantz-housing-part-buffle-l-r-assy-ahd9200 this website legit
Im thinking to buy 9200 drivers and put them into 7200 casing
I watched some reviews and they said 9200 sound thin and soundstage is lesser and sounds like 400$ headset and they prefer 7200 over 9200
What do you say about this? Should i got for it
Is 9200 more exiting and euphoric?

Feb 5, 2024 at 7:53 PM Post #3,073 of 3,156
Yoo, is this website and https://partspal.co.uk/denon-marantz-housing-part-buffle-l-r-assy-ahd9200 this website legit
Im thinking to buy 9200 drivers and put them into 7200 casing
I watched some reviews and they said 9200 sound thin and soundstage is lesser and sounds like 400$ headset and they prefer 7200 over 9200
What do you say about this? Should i got for it
Is 9200 more exiting and euphoric?
I'd like to know what idiot said that about the d9200 ?

Let me guess they're not up to the standards of the beats studio headphones. 🤦‍♂️

In my opinion, the d9200s are probably top 5 headphones I've heard.

I'm in the US so I couldn't say if that site is legit or not, maybe someone else can chime in.

Feb 5, 2024 at 8:09 PM Post #3,074 of 3,156
I'd like to know what idiot said that about the d9200 ?

Let me guess they're not up to the standards of the beats studio headphones. 🤦‍♂️

In my opinion, the d9200s are probably top 5 headphones I've heard.

I'm in the US so I couldn't say if that site is legit or not, maybe someone else can chime in.
“The Headphones show”
he said that d9200 technically is like 500$ headphone and tonality wise its very bad and needs eq
“No theme reviews”
He said x55 is more detailed than d9200. D9200 is like zmf eikon but cleaned(less bassy)

Feb 5, 2024 at 8:33 PM Post #3,075 of 3,156
“The Headphones show”
he said that d9200 technically is like 500$ headphone and tonality wise its very bad and needs eq
“No theme reviews”
He said x55 is more detailed than d9200. D9200 is like zmf eikon but cleaned(less bassy)
Yeah that sounds about right, one is a headphone retailer that does not sell the d9200 (no conflict of interest there) and the other one is another wannabe crinacle reviewer.

I'm not sure if its common knowledge but alot of reviewers get free items in exchange for positive reviews, the chifi reviewers are notorious for this.

Lesson to be learned is that just because these people have heard more than you, doesn't mean their hearing is superior.

They have an agenda and they're only motivated by money and/or fame and I would not trust a single word they say. Listen to a review of something you have heard and if its not exactly the same as what you're hearing, its because they're full of BS.

If I've learned anything over the years, is that I only trust my ears before any reviewer. Many of these reviewers have an unusual need to use vocabulary they're not familiar with because they want people to think they're smart. Which in turn makes them appear desperate and insecure spewing diarrhea of words that are incoherent. (especially iem reviewers)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back