Denon AH-7200
Jan 31, 2024 at 7:03 PM Post #3,046 of 3,166
I haven’t tried the shake, it just cut off when i was still listening to music
These headphones are very easy to disassemble, just take off the ear pad ring and I believe theres 4 small screws and it just comes out.

Feb 2, 2024 at 3:03 PM Post #3,048 of 3,166
My denon 7200 right driver is failed, do anyone know the replacement cost of new driver? And how to get it?
Only via your local Denon dealer, or from the UK (do a search with "Denon D7200 parts site:.uk"), for instance here:
https://spares2repair.co.uk/ (currently driver assemblies unavailable).
At least these are full driver assemblies, including the plastic mounting plate. Changing takes minutes.

Alternatively you could replace both drivers with "for Denon D7200" or rather "for Denon 9200" (i.e. not originals, the latter being the better ones) from Aliexpress and ebay (somewhat more treble, though, and replacing the drivers will require some skill and pain):
https://www.ebay.com/itm/266277020309 (24 Ohm)
https://vi.aliexpress.com/item/1005002443928773.html (24 Ohm)
https://vi.aliexpress.com/item/4000897486747.html (24 Ohm)
I think this the best replacement driver (all 3 should be the same).

Feb 2, 2024 at 6:14 PM Post #3,049 of 3,166
Only via your local Denon dealer, or from the UK (do a search with "Denon D7200 parts site:.uk"), for instance here:
https://spares2repair.co.uk/ (currently driver assemblies unavailable).
At least these are full driver assemblies, including the plastic mounting plate. Changing takes minutes.

Alternatively you could replace both drivers with "for Denon D7200" or rather "for Denon 9200" (i.e. not originals, the latter being the better ones) from Aliexpress and ebay (somewhat more treble, though, and replacing the drivers will require some skill and pain):
https://www.ebay.com/itm/266277020309 (24 Ohm)
https://vi.aliexpress.com/item/1005002443928773.html (24 Ohm)
https://vi.aliexpress.com/item/4000897486747.html (24 Ohm)
I think this the best replacement driver (all 3 should be the same).
1. How much will be the negative effect on sound quality of aliexpress drivers?
2. My left driver is working fine, if i get only one driver for right side from aliexpress, will it be fine?

Last edited:
Feb 3, 2024 at 4:40 AM Post #3,050 of 3,166
1. How much will be the negative effect on sound quality of aliexpress drivers?

@Maxx134 has direct experience with these drivers and he previously shared measurements with me (which I won't publish here as they are not mine).
From what I see, there might be a positive effect in bass and midrange, but also a little more treble. All positive if you ask me.

2. My left driver is working fine, if i get only one driver for right side from aliexpress, will it be fine?

No. You must replace both. But they are (relatively) very cheap. Only that the pain of replacing the drivers only will be high. Better done by a pro.

Or buy the original Denon part, one piece - ask from your Denon dealer.

Feb 3, 2024 at 5:23 AM Post #3,051 of 3,166
I bought my Denon 7200 last year in 2023, sent it back once and tried the 5200 and an Elegia Focal in between. Then I bought the Denon 7200 again and kept it. Since I kept hearing that the 7200 was set to dark, I asked myself the question “Why do I have good, nice highs”?! At the beginning I used EQ, but later I told myself that linear is the best, now I just use linear and without EQ. (I use it with a Fiio M11S). Now, after almost a year, I read here that the older model is dark tuned, and a user reports that the model produced in 2022 sounds better than the older versions.
Now I looked at the packaging, my production date is 221001, which is October 1, 2022. I said "GREAT", my hearing was correct, the 7200 sounds great :)
Have a question for you, I now use this normal cable .Replacement audio upgrade cable 3,5mmIf.
If I buy a balanced cable, will I get better sound with Fiio M11s? example this one 4.4mm balanced cable for 7200

Last edited:
Feb 3, 2024 at 5:48 AM Post #3,052 of 3,166
@Maxx134 has direct experience with these drivers and he previously shared measurements with me (which I won't publish here as they are not mine).
From what I see, there might be a positive effect in bass and midrange, but also a little more treble. All positive if you ask me.

No. You must replace both. But they are (relatively) very cheap. Only that the pain of replacing the drivers only will be high. Better done by a pro.

Or buy the original Denon part, one piece - ask from your Denon dealer.
Thank you for taking your time to writing all this info.
If the cheap aliexpress drivers works better than original drivers then why we buy 700$ headphone? When we can make our own in 200$ bracket from aliexpress? Which sounds better than 750$

Feb 3, 2024 at 9:53 AM Post #3,053 of 3,166
Thank you for taking your time to writing all this info.
If the cheap aliexpress drivers works better than original drivers then why we buy 700$ headphone? When we can make our own in 200$ bracket from aliexpress? Which sounds better than 750$

No way it's better.
First, I did not evaluate the drivers against each other, but the D7200 was developed with that driver for a reason.
Also, the D7200 is well optimized and it's a complex structure, while the housing from AliExpress has no damping front and back, no Onken finetuning, so I suspect if you just put the drivers into that, it will sound honky, boomy and ugly. You'll need to optimize it yourself.

The official advice is to source a replacement driver assembly via your Denon dealer.

Feb 3, 2024 at 9:59 AM Post #3,054 of 3,166
No way it's better.
First, I did not evaluate the drivers against each other, but the D7200 was developed with that driver for a reason.
Also, the D7200 is well optimized and it's a complex structure, while the housing from AliExpress has no damping front and back, no Onken finetuning, so I suspect if you just put the drivers into that, it will sound honky, boomy and ugly. You'll need to optimize it yourself.

The official advice is to source a replacement driver assembly via your Denon dealer.
Ahh okay, i texted my denon dealer yesterday and he contacted denon and we are still waiting for the response from denon.
I dont know how long i will have to wait to listen to them again.
There are also beryllium drivers on aliexpress for 200$ and seller claiming that these are head to head to focal utopia and outperforms denon d9200😳
One thing i didnt understood on aliexpress every description of driver is like freeedge tech and they are saying these are just like denon drivers with 100% same method. Why they dont replicate other brands like sony, focal, zmf, fostex driver's.

Last edited:
Feb 3, 2024 at 10:13 AM Post #3,055 of 3,166
Ahh okay, i texted my denon dealer yesterday and he contacted denon and we are still waiting for the response from denon.
I dont know how long i will have to wait to listen to them again.
There are also beryllium drivers on aliexpress for 200$ and seller claiming that these are head to head to focal utopia and outperforms denon d9200😳
One thing i didnt understood on aliexpress every description of driver is like freeedge tech and they are saying these are just like denon drivers with 100% same method. Why they dont replicate other brands like sony, focal, zmf driver's.

Well, then you just need to wait.

I would not put different drivers into the D7200 housing (like Be drivers), I am pretty sure they will not work in the same way in that housing.
I am not sure those "Utopia" drivers would outperform the D9200 drivers in the D9200 housing.
I am sure you can't buy the same driver as used in the Utopia, only similar, eventually.
Also, you cannot buy Denon (and Fostex) drivers from AliExpress, only copies made on specs that are not known.
Each of those Denon and Fostex drivers are made on different specifications, including magnetic circuit, membrane, driver parts, edge, etc.
As you can tell from comparing Denon models and Fostex models, they can sound pretty different.

Feb 3, 2024 at 10:51 AM Post #3,056 of 3,166
Well, then you just need to wait.

I would not put different drivers into the D7200 housing (like Be drivers), I am pretty sure they will not work in the same way in that housing.
I am not sure those "Utopia" drivers would outperform the D9200 drivers in the D9200 housing.
I am sure you can't buy the same driver as used in the Utopia, only similar, eventually.
Also, you cannot buy Denon (and Fostex) drivers from AliExpress, only copies made on specs that are not known.
Each of those Denon and Fostex drivers are made on different specifications, including magnetic circuit, membrane, driver parts, edge, etc.
As you can tell from comparing Denon models and Fostex models, they can sound pretty different.
Ok, i just have to wait then
I contacted a dealer in dubai and he said he cant supply only single or double drivers. Its not possible from his side.
Pray for my denons

Feb 3, 2024 at 1:32 PM Post #3,057 of 3,166
I bought my Denon 7200 last year in 2023, sent it back once and tried the 5200 and an Elegia Focal in between. Then I bought the Denon 7200 again and kept it. Since I kept hearing that the 7200 was set to dark, I asked myself the question “Why do I have good, nice highs”?! At the beginning I used EQ, but later I told myself that linear is the best, now I just use linear and without EQ. (I use it with a Fiio M11S). Now, after almost a year, I read here that the older model is dark tuned, and a user reports that the model produced in 2022 sounds better than the older versions.
Now I looked at the packaging, my production date is 221001, which is October 1, 2022. I said "GREAT", my hearing was correct, the 7200 sounds great :)
Have a question for you, I now use this normal cable .Replacement audio upgrade cable 3,5mmIf.
If I buy a balanced cable, will I get better sound with Fiio M11s? example this one 4.4mm balanced cable for 7200

Indeed their highs are very nice.... crisp, airy and nowhere near to be harsh.
Thanks for confirming this. Now, we can be sure they did upgrade their drivers some time in 2021. I would say now they are slightly dark and aiming for more neutral sound Still a lot of fun to listen to. I really like them although I do use EQ with them.

I would only try balanced cable if you hear some noises or humming when the sound is off. Otherwise I do recommend these 2 cables below both are great upgrades over the stock one:

https://www.amazon.de/GranVia-Headphones-Replacement-HarmonicDyne-Goldplanar/dp/B09GRXVBL7

https://www.amazon.de/Replacement-Compatible-AH-D7200-AH-D7100-Headphones/dp/B09TTCY2DQ

Feb 3, 2024 at 1:48 PM Post #3,058 of 3,166
Ok, i just have to wait then
I contacted a dealer in dubai and he said he cant supply only single or double drivers. Its not possible from his side.
Pray for my denons
https://encompass.com/item/12428184/Denon/917328100140S/

The oem drivers are very cheap. Don't waste your money on the aliexpress knockoff drivers. Its possible that they are the same oem but highly likely they're not. The sellers on aliexpress wouldn't tell you the truth if their lives depended on it.

Its best to replace both drivers because they're usually matched. Drivers have variances in them and it probably would cause a channel imbalance if you mixed and matched them. I know this from experience.

Feb 3, 2024 at 2:05 PM Post #3,059 of 3,166
If you plan on upgrading the cable, that cable on amazon will not offer much if any improvement.

If you upgrade to something like a moon audio black or silver dragon, I guarantee it will be a significant upgrade in sound quality.

I use a silver dragon or wywires platinum for my d7200, but theres alot of good alternatives out there as well.

I use this 12 core sterling silver for when I take the d7200s outside which is not often. I had it custom made from aliexpress for about $50. I have others as well but this 12 core sterling silver cable sounds the best aside from the desktop cables.

20240203_135608.JPG
IMG_20220130_201545.jpg
IMG_20220130_202503.jpg

Feb 3, 2024 at 2:49 PM Post #3,060 of 3,166
https://encompass.com/item/12428184/Denon/917328100140S/

The oem drivers are very cheap. Don't waste your money on the aliexpress knockoff drivers. Its possible that they are the same oem but highly likely they're not. The sellers on aliexpress wouldn't tell you the truth if their lives depended on it.

Its best to replace both drivers because they're usually matched. Drivers have variances in them and it probably would cause a channel imbalance if you mixed and matched them. I know this from experience.
Thank you bro,
I will try to buy both l/r drivers from this website if denon didn't responded to my request.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back