Denon AH-7200
Feb 7, 2024 at 12:46 PM Post #3,091 of 3,157
I need your help .
Ebay also sells cables with double plugs for Denon everywhere, but with a 3-pin assignment and not with the 2-pin assignment like I have. Is it possible that the 3-pin plug on Denon can be plugged into a 2-pin socket?Anyone already tried?

Ebay with 3 pin  for Denon 7200.pngKabel for Denon AH D 7200 Duo with 2 Pin.png

Both of them will work until they are 3.5mm size.

Two pin = stereo signal, One pin = mono signal

As this goes into one side headphone cup you just need mono signal here

Feb 7, 2024 at 1:06 PM Post #3,092 of 3,157
Just be careful with the pin out of the cables.

I think the tip is positive and the ring and sleeve are negative. But I'm not sure what the denons are.

Feb 9, 2024 at 3:52 AM Post #3,094 of 3,157
I had both for 1 whole day... compared them A/B. I posted some info and photos of them both in this thread.
The new driver sounded a bit better. Better resolution, less dark, more balanced sound overall.
The bass sounded the same on both. Immediately I had to lowered my EQ in the mids and highs region with the new pair.
I would say the new driver is very close to the D9200 one (I think it might be the same).
It is definitely an upgrade to the original version, shame the Denon did not inform about that.
I told you guys earlier here but no one believed me everyone jumped and said you have defective ears and defective headphones, I don't blame them they didn't try it.

Feb 9, 2024 at 3:57 AM Post #3,095 of 3,157
ok so comparing d7200 against dt990 pro 250 ohm the 7200 do everything dt990 do but more clear and produces finer details Absolutely d7200 not dark it's bright and warm at the same time, Since I got it I stopped listening to dt990

Feb 10, 2024 at 12:47 AM Post #3,097 of 3,157
That is right: tip positive, the rest negative. I made myself cables for my Denons, and it is supposed to be that way.
It's also easy to remove the cups and check from the connectors inside.

I received the Linsoul Tripowin symmetrical cable. It looks very high quality, and what is important, it works perfectly with the Denon Ah d7200. Yes, the assignment is correct, the tip is positive, the other two poles are negative.

20240209_191539.jpg

Last edited:
Feb 10, 2024 at 4:46 AM Post #3,098 of 3,157
I received the Linsoul Tripowin symmetrical cable. It looks very high quality, and what is important, it works perfectly with the Denon Ah d7200. Yes, the assignment is correct, the tip is positive, the other two poles are negative.

All good! How is the sound, compared to the original D7200 cables? The more details, the better :).

Feb 10, 2024 at 10:38 AM Post #3,099 of 3,157
I like the clears, to the extent that i don't feel like I'm missing out not having anything better.

Even though there are better headphones out there.

It's a love it or hate it sound with focals. The treble is a bit exaggerated but i like that about the character, some people hate it.

The biggest advantage the clears have over pretty much everything else on the market is the punchiness of the sound. Music is allot more lively and musical. More of a "fun" headphone. Bass impact is second to none.

Its not perfect, some parts could be better, like lack of sub bass and extension. Some parts of the treble are a bit peaky.

D7200s are a bit easier going and more relaxed sound. And its strengths are the bass and sub bass extension, mids and speed.

I think they are very different but compliment each other nicely for a nice contrast in sound.
D7200s are a bit easier going and more relaxed sound. And its strengths are the bass and sub bass extension, “mids and speed”
Mids and speed better than clear?

Feb 10, 2024 at 10:48 AM Post #3,100 of 3,157
D7200s are a bit easier going and more relaxed sound. And its strengths are the bass and sub bass extension, “mids and speed”
Mids and speed better than clear?
Yes the d7200 is more relaxed and much faster than the clear.

Its characteristics are mid centric focus, bass and sub bass. Its the fastest dynamic driver I've heard in a headphone.

I wouldn't say better but the tuning is focused on the mids and they're more forward than the other frequencies.

The clears strengths are that even though it doesn't extend well in the sub bass, however, where it has good bass, it hits hard. It also has alot better treble accentuation, resolution, air, sparkle, extension.

Feb 10, 2024 at 11:31 AM Post #3,101 of 3,157
Yes the d7200 is more relaxed and much faster than the clear.

Its characteristics are mid centric focus, bass and sub bass. Its the fastest dynamic driver I've heard in a headphone.

I wouldn't say better but the tuning is focused on the mids and they're more forward than the other frequencies.

The clears strengths are that even though it doesn't extend well in the sub bass, however, where it has good bass, it hits hard. It also has alot better treble accentuation, resolution, air, sparkle, extension.
Acc. To my judgment d7200 main focus is bass, The higher frequencies are rolled off very early, The mids are forward but not as clean or detailed due to The treble, soundstaging is decent

Feb 10, 2024 at 11:39 AM Post #3,102 of 3,157
Acc. To my judgment d7200 main focus is bass, The higher frequencies are rolled off very early, The mids are forward but not as clean or detailed due to The treble, soundstaging is decent
Not sure why the mids being forward or "not clean" has any effect on the sound of the treble.

Soundstage is decent compared to what?

I think you're the only one thats ever said, the d7200 has rolled off treble, if that were the case, it wouldn't sound airy. The d7200 has a good amount of air.

Is this the "rolled off" treble you're referring to?

D7200-1024x464.jpg

Last edited:
Feb 10, 2024 at 12:11 PM Post #3,103 of 3,157
Not sure why the mids being forward or "not clean" has any effect on the sound of the treble.

Soundstage is decent compared to what?

I think you're the only one thats ever said, the d7200 has rolled off treble, if that were the case, it wouldn't sound airy. The d7200 has a good amount of air.

Is this the "rolled off" treble you're referring to?

D7200-1024x464.jpg
The mids and highs are veiled. For my personal preference i would like more sparkle in higher frequencies.
They sound way too relaxed and less exciting

Feb 10, 2024 at 12:43 PM Post #3,104 of 3,157
The mids and highs are veiled. For my personal preference i would like more sparkle in higher frequencies.
They sound way too relaxed and less exciting
I would disagree on the mids but there is a point in the treble or upper mids depending on how you interpret the mid frequency cutoff, where it kind of dips. But I would not called it veiled, even calling it dark would be exaggerating.

I agree it could use more sparkle but it definitely does not roll off in the higher end.

I would also agree that it does sound relaxed whereas I mentioned the clears are intense sometimes too much so. Its just a different flavor, sometimes you just want relaxed listening, sometimes you want more exciting. 🤷‍♂️ I think they compliment each other in a collection well. I've trimmed down my headphone collection to basically just the clear and d7200.

You can enjoy both, just not at the same time. :)

As far as the soundstage, I think it has excellent soundstage for a closed back, it has more stage than the clear which is an open back. Yes there are headphones with more stage but the d7200s are up there.

I took my d7200s to canjam so I could A/B compare to everything that was there. I know it may seem like I'd be biased because I own them, but I'm not that type of person. If something is better or worse, I'll readily admit it. I'm only concerned with the truth.

Feb 10, 2024 at 1:06 PM Post #3,105 of 3,157
I would disagree on the mids but there is a point in the treble or upper mids depending on how you interpret the mid frequency cutoff, where it kind of dips. But I would not called it veiled, even calling it dark would be exaggerating.

I agree it could use more sparkle but it definitely does not roll off in the higher end.

I would also agree that it does sound relaxed whereas I mentioned the clears are intense sometimes too much so. Its just a different flavor, sometimes you just want relaxed listening, sometimes you want more exciting. 🤷‍♂️ I think they compliment each other in a collection well. I've trimmed down my headphone collection to basically just the clear and d7200.

You can enjoy both, just not at the same time. :)

As far as the soundstage, I think it has excellent soundstage for a closed back, it has more stage than the clear which is an open back. Yes there are headphones with more stage but the d7200s are up there.

I took my d7200s to canjam so I could A/B compare to everything that was there. I know it may seem like I'd be biased because I own them, but I'm not that type of person. If something is better or worse, I'll readily admit it. I'm only concerned with the truth.
I agree with you and i use them with eq and i would like denon to eq the drivers itself for more sparkly presentation without using software tweaks.
Eq is not at all efficient when im not on my pc, i have to listen to this veiled sound signature.
They should make a revision to this headset with tweaked drivers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back