Denon AH-7200
Apr 4, 2024 at 11:51 AM Post #3,137 of 3,155
My replacement 7200 arrived! This one is very recent production: September 2023.

Maybe it's my impression, maybe it's just that in these weeks I have used the 7000 which is brighter, but it sounds slightly warmer and rounder on the male voices than my previous 7200.
Is the bass and treble same?
People said newer models have slightly decreased bass and slightly increased treble

Apr 4, 2024 at 11:56 AM Post #3,138 of 3,155
I have an "old" D7200 with your STAX mode (pads). How do you find this one vs "new" D7200? Another question, Is the Stax mode on the "new" one better than stax mode on the "old" one?

I don't have long term personal experience with the new D7200, apart from a quick listen, which is why it was mentioned in brackets, but it seems that others here agree the newer D7200 sound better. However, the pads make a far bigger difference in my experience. You can try, if you can. Also, I'd keep the Stax pads anyway, as they are universally good / among the best for most headphones.

Apr 4, 2024 at 12:00 PM Post #3,139 of 3,155
Is the bass and treble same?
People said newer models have slightly decreased bass and slightly increased treble

From what I have heard so far, I don't feel any increased treble at all. Bass seems the same, but I haven't tried really bassy music yet (only jazz).

Update: playing some Depeche Mode right now, and the nice mean bass is still there!

Last edited:
Apr 8, 2024 at 7:01 PM Post #3,141 of 3,155
Apr 9, 2024 at 3:48 AM Post #3,142 of 3,155
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0974DQ49Z?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share

I used this headband cover. Otherwise, the d7200s will cause trephination in my skull.
Thanks. It's the most uncomfortable (painful) headphone I have ever used. Amazon is a bit difficult these days thanks to raised 99€ boundary for free postage (will double the cost) but it only seems to be 27€ shipped from Amazon.de. Ebay/aliexpress could be better.
E. 27€ was returned product.

Last edited:
Apr 9, 2024 at 7:25 PM Post #3,143 of 3,155
Thanks. It's the most uncomfortable (painful) headphone I have ever used. Amazon is a bit difficult these days thanks to raised 99€ boundary for free postage (will double the cost) but it only seems to be 27€ shipped from Amazon.de. Ebay/aliexpress could be better.
E. 27€ was returned product.
It doesn't specifically have to be that one. Thats just what I use.

I think any headband cover that fits will be fine so the headband doesn't bore a hole through your skull.

Apr 9, 2024 at 9:14 PM Post #3,144 of 3,155
I just angle rotate the pads back a little so that when they are on my head the band sits a bit more forward and spreads the weight better - I can wear them for many hours like that as they are extremely comfortable - and I have no padding on top, I'm a baldie :darthsmile:

Apr 20, 2024 at 12:08 PM Post #3,146 of 3,155
Hi everyone,
I would use the D7200 outdoor, so I would like some feedback on its isolation from external noises.

Not a good idea... they are not made for outside use. They might get damanged easily but if you have to then be careful.
Isolation is decent but not best in the class. For me sitting in garden or walking through nature its ok but travlling with them in public = not good.
For portable MM400 is way more friendly.

Apr 20, 2024 at 12:27 PM Post #3,147 of 3,155
Not a good idea... they are not made for outside use. They might get damanged easily but if you have to then be careful.
Isolation is decent but not best in the class. For me sitting in garden or walking through nature its ok but travlling with them in public = not good.
For portable MM400 is way more friendly.

I would use the D7200 outdoors, but not while traveling or moving in public. For example listening to it sitting in a public park or at home on the balcony.

Apr 20, 2024 at 12:39 PM Post #3,148 of 3,155
I would use the D7200 outdoors, but not while traveling or moving in public. For example listening to it sitting in a public park or at home on the balcony.

Yes, you will like that a lot just make sure you have enough power to drive them because with proper amp they really shine. They scale greatly with it.
Enough power adds a lot of body into the music, I love it.

Apr 20, 2024 at 5:31 PM Post #3,150 of 3,155
I'll drive them with the Lotoo Paw S2, do you think that's enough?

Yes, but still if you try some proper desktop amps you will notice a difference. I have tried various amps on them but still the PMA-800 is my favourite. Not only it adds extra body to it but it also has this unique distortion that is very addicted. I am planning to get some vintage amplifier those also have such characteristics, its hard to describe you need to hear that. But overall the D7200 is easy to drive and sounds really good on portable devices too. If you ever get a chance to pair them with some bigger amps try and share with us your results in here. Enjoy!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back