DENAFRIPS 'ARES' R2R discrete ladder DAC - close up view
Mar 10, 2017 at 8:36 AM Post #406 of 3,907
If Ares OS is so good, what are the chance of hearing better with NOS mode on thier higher range tomahawk.

Mikhail , can chime in? That denaflip you give your brother has a NOS mode?

Mar 10, 2017 at 8:45 AM Post #407 of 3,907
Still one big leap to take, the brandname.....

A good brandname is more important than most companies realize. It's the foundation and base which can lead to a commercial success or a disaster.
It's the difference between a company that will grow and expand in comparisson to one that isn't, and eventually will disappear from the market, or just
sells to it's domestic market.

The products already have started to sell by themselves, because of their sound quality and special design, but, I am almost sure it will end, or at least,
it won't be a hype to buy one.

Take, for example, Audio-GD, which isn't a real bad brandname to begin with (but it also isn't the best), they are well know in the DIY scene, but, why
is it you won't find them in a shop, showed next to the BIG NAMES? I don't think it is because of their sound quality or overall build quality,,,,,

I think Denafrips should consider this. Also, there's a big difference between a brandname that isn't catchy or a one that sounds just horrible.
In my opinion this brandname sounds just horrible and won't stay in peoples minds.

Further, something to consider, western people do have a very different look at brandnames. Where Asian people often use a straight translation from
their native language into English, which can sound horrible (and mostly are meaningless), western people always try to relate the products with it's name.
As noted earlier by several thread members, denafrips as brandname, could refer to some kind of Dental thing, which isn't exactly the market to sell to...

I am not trying to offend anybody, in any way, just would love to see the brandname changed and conquer the whole audio world!

Mar 10, 2017 at 9:00 AM Post #409 of 3,907
Still one big leap to take, the brandname.....

A good brandname is more important than most companies realize. It's the foundation and base which can lead to a commercial success or a disaster.
It's the difference between a company that will grow and expand in comparisson to one that isn't, and eventually will disappear from the market, or just
sells to it's domestic market.

The products already have started to sell by themselves, because of their sound quality and special design, but, I am almost sure it will end, or at least,
it won't be a hype to buy one.

Take, for example, Audio-GD, which isn't a real bad brandname to begin with (but it also isn't the best), they are well know in the DIY scene, but, why
is it you won't find them in a shop, showed next to the BIG NAMES? I don't think it is because of their sound quality or overall build quality,,,,,

I think Denafrips should consider this. Also, there's a big difference between a brandname that isn't catchy or a one that sounds just horrible.
In my opinion this brandname sounds just horrible and won't stay in peoples minds.

Further, something to consider, western people do have a very different look at brandnames. Where Asian people often use a straight translation from
their native language into English, which can sound horrible (and mostly are meaningless), western people always try to relate the products with it's name.

"SCHIIT" catchy and abit taboo.:grinning:

Mar 10, 2017 at 9:04 AM Post #411 of 3,907
I see no need for a name change.
If Schiit can use that title, I see nothing wrong with Denafrips.
I honestly can't find anything wrong with the name.
Good products sell themselves.

just read this thread and notice how many people already did spell the name wrong,,,,,,,,, I even got an email from Magna Hifi which spelled it FrenaDips, sounds like some sort of dipsauce.....
No, it's a very badly chosen brandname.

Mar 10, 2017 at 9:10 AM Post #412 of 3,907

just read this thread and notice how many people already did spell the name wrong,,,,,,,,, I even got an email from Magna Hifi which spelled it FrenaDips, sounds like some sort of dipsauce.....

In your opinion. We'll leave it at that, shall we?
I understand what you are getting at, but I feel differently about it. :)

Mar 10, 2017 at 9:39 AM Post #413 of 3,907
DENAFRIPS

Dynamic
Exquisite 
Natural  
Attractive
Fidelity
Refined  
Intoxicating 
Pure  
Sophisticated 

beerchug.gif

Mar 10, 2017 at 9:47 AM Post #414 of 3,907
DENAFRIPS

[COLOR=000000]Dynamic[/COLOR]
[COLOR=000000]Exquisite [/COLOR]
[COLOR=000000]Natural  [/COLOR]
[COLOR=000000]Attractive[/COLOR]
[COLOR=000000]Fidelity[/COLOR]
[COLOR=000000]Refined  [/COLOR]
[COLOR=000000]Intoxicating [/COLOR]
[COLOR=000000]Pure  [/COLOR]
[COLOR=000000]Sophisticated [/COLOR]

:beerchug:

Are you describing someone like her:grin:

Mar 10, 2017 at 9:50 AM Post #415 of 3,907
If Ares OS is so good, what are the chance of hearing better with NOS mode on thier higher range tomahawk.

Mikhail , can chime in? That denaflip you give your brother has a NOS mode?

I can speak about the DAC-8PRO2 R2R only, because I didn't hear Tomahawk, Venus or Terminator DACs. As Alvin said here "The Ares upsample all PCM input to 768kHz. While the DSD is NOS." I think, DAC-8PRO2 do the same.

Mar 10, 2017 at 10:03 AM Post #417 of 3,907
I can speak about the DAC-8PRO2 R2R only, because I didn't hear Tomahawk, Venus or Terminator DACs. As Alvin said here "The Ares upsample all PCM input to 768kHz. While the DSD is NOS." I think, DAC-8PRO2 do the same.

Ok thanks ,i was thinking it has NOS mode on DAC-8Pro2. Im looking forward for some impressions on NOS vs OS of denaflips.

Mar 10, 2017 at 10:04 AM Post #418 of 3,907

Nice.:grinning:

Mar 10, 2017 at 10:07 AM Post #419 of 3,907

or also Denatrips 
biggrin.gif

Mar 10, 2017 at 10:29 AM Post #420 of 3,907

Users who are viewing this thread

Back